Guest cloricus Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 Lookie what epssy found! [URL=http://web.archive.org/web/20010501043341/www.otakuboards.com/ultimatebb.cgi]Otaku version Um?[/URL] [URL=http://web.archive.org/web/20010922080426/http://otakuboards.com/]Otaku version 3[/URL] (Why don?t we still have this logo, it looks way better than the one now!) [URL=http://web.archive.org/web/20001109225800/http://theotaku.com/]TheOtaku[/URL] (Don't worry when they load and look the same as the ones now, that?s just them using the newer pics and then replacing them for the old.) Why is there no copy of version 1? Or any pre2000? Also I found these - [URL=http://web.archive.org/web/19961220074303/http://hotmail.com/]Hotmail - When it first came out![/URL] [URL=http://web.archive.org/web/19981111184551/http://google.com/]First Google.com[/URL] And this old gem... Any one remember using it? [URL=http://web.bilkent.edu.tr/History/yahoo/search.html]Yahoo 1994[/URL] If there?s any sites that you want to find (that could bring back memories) I found these sites through [url]http://www.archive.org/index.html[/url] (Use the wayback engine.) If any one else knows of a better version of sites like this could you please tell me? -Eps
Flash Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 Well, the boards had a different URL way back on v2 and v1. And I think there was already a topic about this.
Fall Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 There has been, Manick posted it. Though he only posted it about the old Otakuboards. .....I had no idea that Yahoo had been around since '94, and google.com looked way different.....:rolleyes: *goes off to look at [url]web.archive.org[/url]*.....thanks also man.
RicoTranzrig Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 [COLOR=darkblue]So that was what otakuboards looked like before I signed on for the first time...too bad the stuff during my early days there weren't archived.[/COLOR]
Ryan Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 [size=1] Wow! Cool. I registered on Version 3 but I was under some Goten name and I came only somtimes. I only got to like 50 posts or something like that. Then when V4 came out I registered on NoodleZ and now here I am.[/size]
Juu Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 [color=deeppink] [size=1]Whoa... freaky-ish.... But... KEWL. Nice to see some familiar things...[/color] [/size]
Justin Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 lol, the first link is showing v2, I believe. It's been so long since I've seen either v1 or v2, though, so I'm not entirely sure. :/ -Justin
Juu Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 [color=deeppink] [size=1]Hmm... looks like the blue-ish one's an 'old' design now too... lol. I personally think I like the blue one better.... - -[/color] [/size]
Guest cloricus Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 Sorry I didn't know if this post had been done before, but it's still fun to see the old versions and old sites. What was the old url becouse I want to see what v1 looked like. (Probably just a text site LOL) I did the same as noodlez up there as well. Joined in v3 under a dif name and then left and then came back in v4. -Eps
Sara Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 ::stares:: Ye gods, I feel old. Secret GD... Yeah.... that was strange.... ::wanders off:: [Edit: And I was right, Roxy89 was a member here.]
Roxie Faye Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 [color=indigo]Well, I certainly wouldn't be Roxy89. When I saw some of the old versions of OtakuBoards, I said: "Oh My God...". And, If you click on the link for OtakuBoards on the old version of TheOtaku, it takes you(well, at least me), to a version of the boards that's pink. Would that be version one?[/color]
Justin Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 Version one was not pink, lol. v1 was similar to v2 and v3 and it really started the whole "Otaku look", I think. Roxy89 was not only a member, but for those who remember, she's the one who came up with the original 'you say a word i say a word' game, lol. -Justin
Shy Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 [color=darkblue][size=1]Roxy89 was really nice, and she had that Sailor Venus avatar... those were the days.... Notice the lead topic in the Digimon forum "Important Digimon Questions Revised" it was the first topic I had started in the Digimon forum, and the one where I met Ginny for the first time. The topic was deleted though, so she had to create a new version of it.[/color][/size]
Boba Fett Posted September 11, 2002 Posted September 11, 2002 Now I feel like a such a newbie, looking back at all the older versions. I arrived in V4, I think...:drunk:
Guest Zeh Posted September 11, 2002 Posted September 11, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by roxieortatiana [/i] [B][color=indigo]Well, I certainly wouldn't be Roxy89. When I saw some of the old versions of OtakuBoards, I said: "Oh My God...". And, If you click on the link for OtakuBoards on the old version of TheOtaku, it takes you(well, at least me), to a version of the boards that's pink. Would that be version one?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=darkblue]Actually shes right justin, it is version 1, i coulda swore you arrived in v2.... And of course i remember the older versions, look, it's me! [url]http://web.archive.org/web/20010502002135/www.otakuboards.com/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00001082[/url] [/COLOR]
vegeta rocker Posted September 11, 2002 Posted September 11, 2002 well well, how longs it been? Too long, i thought for a second i might have to get a life.
Guest Matt Posted September 11, 2002 Posted September 11, 2002 [color=red][b]I remember the first Yahoo, Google, and the all the OB's and theotaku oldie that was posted. I even remember Absolute DB/Z/GT. Man, I ahve not heard the names Hbomb, Trunks, and Shinji in a long time. Ahhhh...the memories..... [/b][/color]
Deedlit Posted September 12, 2002 Posted September 12, 2002 [color=green]o_O OtakuBoards used to look like [i]that?![/i] lol j/k It is a bit of a shock to see how they used to look though. [/color]
RicoTranzrig Posted September 12, 2002 Posted September 12, 2002 It looked pretty basic then...you can really tell how far we've come, especially now that v6 is up and running.
Yukazi Posted September 12, 2002 Posted September 12, 2002 Yes, Manick has posted this once before, but I couldnt hurt to show people what the boards used to look like. If youall look very closly on one of the versions, you'll see member's named: ~cruiz131~, Cruiz, Cruizr, etc. All of which being me ^_^
Anna Posted September 13, 2002 Posted September 13, 2002 Holy cheese............. talk about nostalgia.... I remember that. Wow. That was back when I was SuperRadSchitzo (later changed to SuperRad[b]Skitzo[/b])....... geez louise! Man, I'm speechless.....
Roxie Faye Posted September 13, 2002 Posted September 13, 2002 [color=indigo]I arrived toward the end of V4(Oh geeze. almost put: "v2". -.-) I remember being DEATHLY afraid of the moderators, or saying anythig wrong(the board I had been to before, had all these flames fights that I some how got into). The first PM, I got, was from Altron Gundam,and I remember being REALLY nervous, thinking I has done something wrong. lol. I've really come a long way from there. I'm no longer afraid of Moderators or Administrators! Yay! HIP HIP HOORY! ^^;[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now