Kinetic Posted September 12, 2002 Posted September 12, 2002 Well, the board is looking great, and it's very fast, but when I click on "profile", is lags down very badly, and it seems as though the page doesn't work, because I waited for ten minutes, and nothing happened. Is this happening for everyone?
Warlock Posted September 12, 2002 Posted September 12, 2002 Hmmmmmm... Well, it isn't happening to me, so it could just be your connection, or just something on your end. I recommand just to wait a tiny bit, then try again. If it still doesn't work, contact one of the technical staff. [i]-Warlock[/i]
Guest SunRiZe Posted September 12, 2002 Posted September 12, 2002 I can't get into my profile either Aires, howerver, James said in his announcement that some features would not be available / not working ect for a few weeks, so i guess we just have to wait it out. and Usercp? i thought it used to be user PHP or something, is it the new servers? **edit** i just saw php on the end of the url.
Trumen Posted September 12, 2002 Posted September 12, 2002 The samething happens to me, but I found that if you go to Forum Jump that you can acess your profile from there.
Semjaza Posted September 12, 2002 Posted September 12, 2002 The profile wasn't loading at all last night for me. It seems back to normal now. I mainly have problems with the images loading several times, and for some reason they just take forever (especially the grey and blue bars). I'm on DSL, so it's not really a dial-up issue. A lot of my settings in the options simply don't work correctly either. Things seem to be speeding up over time though, some things just need to be worked out still. I'd rather have some problems than not have the boards up at all lol.
Barra Maral Posted September 13, 2002 Posted September 13, 2002 Oh and Ive found another way to get to your user cp. Anyone wanna know?? Well...Im gonna tell you anyway.lol You go to the bottom of the site, then you click on your private messages. Then you click on My VBHome. And your there.
Juu Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 [color=deeppink] [size=1]A faster way to your vb home... Just go stright to user's control panel. ^_-[/color] [/size]
Fall Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 The only reason it's doing that is because the links on the logo go to "www.otakuboards.com/" -and then the extension. Though as for now, the address should be "209.123.85.4/~otakub35/" and the extension. So just type "usercp.php" after the address in the URL-bar when your on the main-page to get there quick. :)
Kinetic Posted September 16, 2002 Author Posted September 16, 2002 Yeah, I figured that out a while ago to get to the members list, but thanks anyway :) Maybe someone else who has this problem will see it now.
Guest SunRiZe Posted September 16, 2002 Posted September 16, 2002 O.K heres the deal... I know for some reason James' is not disclosing (thanks Supersaiyan) that the avatars are down at the moment, however, i see newbies with custom avatars!,These users only have 2 posts. yet they have a customised avatar.anyone know why? I want one! :p
James Posted September 16, 2002 Posted September 16, 2002 [color=royalblue]Oh my poor, unobservant Nuchlear. ^_^ I [i]have[/i] revealed that the avatars are down. And I also mentioned that custom avatars are now [i]standard[/i] for everyone (to discourage spamming). Try adding one yourself. ;)[/color]
Barra Maral Posted September 16, 2002 Posted September 16, 2002 Yeah, all you have to do is go to change avatar, then there is the upload spot at the bottom. See I did it! *points to avvy*
Guest SunRiZe Posted September 16, 2002 Posted September 16, 2002 Yay! custom avatar! I must have overlooked the upload thingy ;) no more 500 posts goal :D
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now