Guest Solid Snake Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 [color=teal]Hopefully, this banner will end my style of basing entire banners off of images. I'm mainly doing this because I've pretty much used up all my ideas for images, and it seems like any more that I do, it would appear that I'm copying off of someone else. In a few days, I'll be getting 3d's Max, changing my user name to something more artistic, and trying to learn how to do those wicked images like what Shift comes in with every time, lol. And now, I'll have the same tool to work with as him. :D Anywho, I thought I'd show you this banner I'll be using until then. I went with a more simplistic look -- nothing fancy, I'll have plenty of time to do that later. It promotes my site, WoolongCentral, and for the record, you should be able to find that url in my profile. Constructive critisism please.[/color] :blah:
Kinetic Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 [color=darkblue][size=1] Very nice. My favorite thing is how you took the images several times, and misplaced it, making it transparent. The bar fading away was a good effect as well, and the text for Woolong Central looks 3d, very nice. [/color][/size]
Guest Solid Snake Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aries [/i] [B][color=darkblue][size=1] Very nice. My favorite thing is how you took the images several times, and misplaced it, making it transparent. [/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=teal]Nah, it was only done twice. The background image was destorted using a Photoshop technique. I believe it was a pixel design, if you're wondering. Oh, and thanks for the compliment.[/color] :blah:
Guest Solid Snake Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sylph [/i] [B]Yum. But... Faye? [/B][/QUOTE] [color=teal]Not to offend you if I'm wrong, but can I assume that you are female by looking at your avatar? When you get past that, I think the banner is pretty sexy...though I can see why you'd reject it as a woman.[/color] :blah:
Sylph Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 Would you be surprised if I told you the figure in my avatar is male? And I am, as well. I'm not offended... As for Faye, I dislike her for no apparent reason. Maybe it's because everyone likes her? The banner is nice though.
GinnyLyn Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 Ooo, I like! The colors go well together, and the shadow/transparent effects are handled very well! I have nothing to complain about on this one. (To Snake: You sure my siggy image is working? I can't see it at all.)
Kinetic Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 [color=darkblue][size=1] Yep, it's working, and looking great :) E D I T: Nevermind, it's broken now :( [/color][/size]
Sylph Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 GinnyLyn, I'm afraid your signature image isn't working; for me, it isn't, anyway.
GinnyLyn Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 Thanks, I was hoping it wasn't just me. :bluesweat OK, back to Solid Snake's stuff now..."sexy"? Heh heh. I can see why Faye would be considered alluring, but...pfffffft. (Why do you think I like my Auron banner so much? ':love:')
PiroMunkie Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 [color=indigo]I like it very much. Nothing too fancy. Just a few well-placed tool usage and effects. Nicely done. :) I look forward in anticipation to see the art you plan on learning to create. And Ginny, I'm sorry to report that I can't see it either. >_<[/color]
Flash Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 I'll bet you it's because James disabled all banners that are more than 500x100...
GinnyLyn Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 Silly, my banner was 300 by 75...definitely under the requirements. The only reason it is missing is because it was an attachment in a thread (banner request thread, the loooooooooong one) that got erased. *sighs* We now return you to your thread, already in progress.
Guest Solid Snake Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 [color=teal]In any case, it's working now, Ginnylyn. Be sure to save it this time. ;) Sorry, Sylph, for assuming that. And yes, I am very surprised that the person in the avatar is a male. Not that I'm criticizing it, not at all, but with the lipstick and all...yeah Thanks for all of the comments thus far. It is very appreciated. I can't wait until I start those design banners, it'll be so fun. >.<[/color] :blah:
Mitch Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 [color=red]Snake, you've got talent. It's wonderfully made again...I like how very, very simple it is yet how it still looks complex all at once. I also like, as Aries did, the transparent effect. I also look forward to see more of your work :)...[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now