Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[IMG]http://www.capcom.co.jp/capvssnk2eo/img/logo-s.gif[/IMG]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]No... I'm not talking about the capcom vs. Snk 2, that's already been out for ages...

This is EO... and..erm.. I forgots what it stood for... I'll post that later...

*ahem* anyway, It shuold be coming out in a couple of weeks/months, and I'm still deciding whether or not to get it...

The one that came out for playstation had some really pitiful graphics... I'm told this will be much better than the first... so I guess I'm still unsure...

Here's the website to the character lists and features...

If you can't read japanese,... erm... just look at the nice pictures! ^_^

And.. btw.. the button on the bottom goes to their index.

[/color] [/size][URL=http://www.capcom.co.jp/capvssnk2eo/characters/index.html]Capcom vs. SNK site[/URL]
Posted
The one on regular Playstation is horrible, yeah lol. I've never played the PS2 version, but I imported the DC version which I hear is much better.

This is supposedly the best version of the game... I'm not sure what to think of the controller yet, but there are always those converters so you can use PS2 controllers on the GC lol.

Looking forward to being able to read the damn story sequences finally :).
Posted
[b]I've seen a few screens and they look very nice indeed, especially the backgrounds, which are very lush and actually do more than one thing at a time.

The only fighting game I've played on the GC is Smash so I hope I can get to grips with this in terms of control..

The EO stands for Easy Operation, by the way.[/b]
Posted
Well, that title suits the GCN...but I heard from Gamespot that
the controls weren't suited for the controller. We'll see how it goes...the only fighting games I've played for GameCube are Bloddy Roar: Primal Fury and Smash Brothers: Melee and those were really fun.
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]This game looks very nice. I was a huge Street Fighter fan, and sort of lost it when they started with their Super Crazy Killer Waddling Turbo Stree Fighter series. . I was just like - what's the point?!

Oh well, perhaps it is time to pick up another of the games? Well, if I have the money, and see it in the stores, I will definitely get it. I need more fighting games for the GAMECUBE. [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
Word of advice, do NOT buy this game, I played it a few weeks ago on the GC and the controls are HORRIBLE, definately not suited for the GC Joypad

Stick with the PS2 or DC version as the controls are much better
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]...but... It's not even out yet....
It wont be out until..what... nov/oct... @_@[/color] [/size]
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]I think i spent like $50 on that game in the arcade, not EO. It got boring once I beat it 500 times, now it's time to beat EO, shoudn't be [i]that[/i] hard. Looks fun though, one thing on the site, in the SNK section they show Iori twice.[/COLOR] :p
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]No they didn't.
The first one was regular iori, and the last one was Blood Riot Iori.
The last time we could see him was in KOF 97...^_^
This outta be soo kewl! ^-^[/color] [/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][color=deeppink] [size=1]No they didn't.
The first one was regular iori, and the last one was Blood Riot Iori.
The last time we could see him was in KOF 97...^_^
This outta be soo kewl! ^-^[/color] [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]Ah I see. Blood Riot Iori looks so much better, even though nothing is different except for the way he's standing in that picture lol. He sounds cool too.[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][color=deeppink] [size=1]...but... It's not even out yet....
It wont be out until..what... nov/oct... @_@[/color] [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Japanese imports...maybe...I read a review saying the same thing too. I'm sure that it's a good game and all...but I don't think the GCN was designed for it...but if you can get used to it, then it shouldn't be much of a problem. The X-box version might be better but that comes out way later. No PS2 EO version?? *kicks ground*
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][color=deeppink] [size=1]...but... It's not even out yet....
It wont be out until..what... nov/oct... @_@[/color] [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I have played the Japanese version at Computer Exchange

Stick with C V SNK2 on the PS2 in my opinion, at least the game is playable on the joypad
Posted
I'm not looking forward to playing EO on Xbox either... I can't stand the placement of the Black and White buttons (especially on the S controller, which is the one I like to use). The triggers are just too stiff to use as buttons as well.

Just get one of these:

[img]http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/217294.jpg[/img]

A few different companies make them.

Then you can get the best version of the game available and play with with a PS2 controller. They make these for Xbox too, if that's what you prefer. Of course, there is the older PS2 version that was mentioned here... which gameplay wise is the same other than the new ISMs the EO version has. It's like only 30 to 40 bucks at a lot of stores right now too.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][IMG]http://www.capcom.co.jp/capvssnk2eo/img/logo-s.gif[/IMG]

[color=deeppink][size=1]
This is EO... and..erm.. I forgots what it stood for...[/size][/color]
[/B][/QUOTE] The EO stands for ''Extreme Offense.''

The new C-Stick teqniuqe(sp?) triggers special attacks with just a push.
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]Blah... I'm gonna get it... @_@
I suck at ps2... the controls hurt, once I play for an hour or so...
I like gamecube... and one reason is because of it's controls ^^
I liked n64 alot also...

Anyway... another reason why I'm getting it... is cuz I'm a huge fan of King of Fighters!! ^_^[/color] [/size]
Posted
It's almost humorous that the Playstation 2 controller is being touted as the premiere controller for a Capcom fighter.

In all honesty, it would have been nice if Capcom had released a special joypad with a layout reminiscent of Sega's Saturn controller. [I]That[/I] would be easy operation.

I don't see why they choose to create a hulking controller with switches, flashing lights and a plethora of buttons for a mech title, but butcher the gameplay of Capcom vs. SNK. Go figure.

In any case, I purchased this game for the PS2 and it wasn't too special either. Don't get me wrong; it's a fun game. I know many of you have heard this as many times as there are Street Fighter 2 games, but Capcom really needs to do something about those 1995 esque character sprites. [I]Blech.[/I]
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]My cousin just bought the game, and he says it's great! He's never been too muchova fighting game fan.... but really enjoys snk vs. capcom EO.
He's like my game critic...:rolleyes:
I guess I'll go check it out... soon..^^[/color] [/size]
Posted
You might like it then...you're an SNK fan, right?

Gamespot said that the controls are oversimplified but still not really designed for traditional fighting games...at default, the pressure sensitive shoulder buttons determine the strength of your punches and kicks...and the C-stick controls your specials, supers, death attacks, etc...so Zangief's spinning piledriver? 360+punch on PS2? Forward on c-stick for GCN...easy operation.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]You might like it then...you're an SNK fan, right?[/b] [/quote]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]YES!!! You can tell by my avi and banner... @_@[/color] [/size]

[quote] [i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig[/i]
[b]Gamespot said that the controls are oversimplified but still not really designed for traditional fighting games...at default, the pressure sensitive shoulder buttons determine the strength of your punches and kicks...and the C-stick controls your specials, supers, death attacks, etc...so Zangief's spinning piledriver? 360+punch on PS2? Forward on c-stick for GCN...easy operation. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]The c stick controls their specials??
T_T Are you serious????
oh boy....
It's gonna be hella hard controling athena, K', and yuri...[/color] [/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...