RicoTranzrig Posted September 22, 2002 Posted September 22, 2002 [COLOR=darkblue]It's been a while since I've done poetry :(...here's one I had a lot of time to think about. A little inspiration from Kingdom Hearts and a dream. Comments? ~ Look around. Darkness, created by light. Each one of us is born, burning, blanketed by the shadows of human creators. Basking in the shade of others, pale, cold, secluded. Break away and stand tall with a flame as bright, But with a heart that doesn't consume. The closer we are, we shine brighter as one. Though, if one were to become heartless, the larger each of their shadows become, against the lit candles, and another lost one falls into obscurity, forlorn. [/COLOR]
Lady Asphyxia Posted September 23, 2002 Posted September 23, 2002 I like it. Its good. lol. comments aren't my stong point. :blush:
Avalon Posted September 23, 2002 Posted September 23, 2002 Man, this is very good! Me want more! Me want more! Just kidding! I really did like this! Keep up the good work!
RicoTranzrig Posted September 25, 2002 Author Posted September 25, 2002 Thanks for the input :D Here's another one I wrote last night...it's a little longer, but bear with it...I'm still kinda bad at this... if it doesn't make much sense I'll explain it. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [COLOR=darkblue]Is this what you are? Picking off the innocent fools drowning them in everything they gave to you? You leave them nothing, you've taken everything, for all they're worth! Moved on to cause more hurt. You touch their hearts, run your darkness through their souls. You say that you're one of the very few who can give hapiness. While in truth, you're heart is an empty hole. I feel it now, it's tempting. Your voice, your body and I know it's all for the taking. I was stupid enough to take it before. To lay side by side, embracing. Fooled into thinking I could even the score. Not the same mistake again, What I knew back then I'll take that experience and turn away from you, a false friend. Go crawl back into your cage, it's always the same, hiding behind your victims nothing will ever change. You may have walked circles around my heart, placed a burden on me right from the start. And whatever I said means nothing to you now, becuase you have so many others, that'll be your addition to the walking dead. They've all fallen because you persuaded them, collected your pay. But once the truth of your existence runs past the rays of the rising sun, What you call, "your victims," will turn away. [/COLOR]
Lady Asphyxia Posted September 25, 2002 Posted September 25, 2002 [color=blue][size=1] I [i]really[/i] like that one. The meaning is elusive, letting you use your imagination. To me, it brings to mind vampirism (sp?). Was that what it was about? :blush: [/color][/size]
zidane11 Posted September 26, 2002 Posted September 26, 2002 That sounds like it could be in a book or a video game, in fiery letters or something on the screen. Who knows. It's really cool, I'm not very good at poetry any ways.
RicoTranzrig Posted September 26, 2002 Author Posted September 26, 2002 [COLOR=darkblue]Thanks again! I wasn't really thinking about Vampires...but that's a really good interpretation. I was kinda angry when I wrote it...so, I was talking about prostitution and people who cheat on others. That topic by Mist in GD got me thinking about it. Still, the Vampire idea is also true...lol:)[/COLOR]
Mitch Posted October 1, 2002 Posted October 1, 2002 [color=red] The first one seems rather...rusty...if I can say it that way...and the second one is great ;)[/color]
RicoTranzrig Posted October 6, 2002 Author Posted October 6, 2002 I guess you can tell if I spent some time on it or not :) This is another quick one just to let some of my feelings out before I lose it tonight. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [COLOR=darkblue]Bugged, attacked, scathed, cracked, My soul burns, yearns, turns, to you. A youth, moved to kneel on the ground, object of affection lost and found. Tourtured, dressed in angst-riddled distress. Pull the wool over her foolish eyes. Take in whatever they see at first light Through the tiny little hole that misinforms their sights. An unwise choice of clothing to go on a lifeless body, Made of straw, dust, rags, evil thoughts Foreboding actions plauge and folly. Her recklessness and irresponsibility destroy what good harvest I toil. Brown fields suppurate the weak. My tears fall on dry soil. I wish the rain would come wash the grief inside I wish you would leave me be to someone else I could truly confide. I need a green harvest, harmony pure, not gold, kind, sweet, unharmed, not left alone to unfold.[/COLOR]
Mitch Posted October 6, 2002 Posted October 6, 2002 [color=red] Now that is the Rico I know...very nice description, personification, metaphors, and the like. I got like a cool image in my mind, and that's what good poetry [i]should[/i] do. 9.2/10. Wonderful.[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now