Manic Webb Posted October 2, 2002 Posted October 2, 2002 Yes, I admit that there is one boyband that I love. They first came out years ago and their career had a very long run. Every song they sang was popular. Some people complained that their voices were annoying, but I think that's what made them so popular. They were so famous, they had their own animated series and dated the members of a popular girl group. I first listened to them years ago and they will forever be one of my all-time favorite musical acts. What? You don't like [b]The Chipmunks[/b]? :p Did anyone here used to watch "Alvin and The Chipmunks" when they were younger?
Semjaza Posted October 2, 2002 Posted October 2, 2002 I always wondered why they sang "Girls Just Want to Have Fun." The newer ones were alright, but it's like they tried to add this little kid soap opera idea to it. I don't know if that's a good discription for it... But I could have done without some of the issues that show attempted to deal with. I liked the old 60s chipmunks because it was so ridiculous. Alvin was simply insane, and the voices were hilarious. Dave would go nuts 5 times each episode. My only gripe was that they seemed to play the ones a lot. Mostly one about Christmas. Nickelodeon was always horrible about reruns though.
Lady Asphyxia Posted October 2, 2002 Posted October 2, 2002 [color=blue][size=1] I did. I was obsessed with the Chipmunks. Did they have movies? I'm sure I remember begging Mum to buy me the movie. My sister, wonderful person that she was, had all their songs...fun. [/color][/size]
Avalon Posted October 2, 2002 Posted October 2, 2002 I loved the Chipmunks! They were so cute. I used to watch it every morning on Cartoon Network last year. Wonder why they cut it off?
zidane11 Posted October 2, 2002 Posted October 2, 2002 I used to watch it a lot when I was younger. Heck, I used to watch everything a lot when I was little. Even re-runs. It's an ok show. It was never one of my favorites.
XxmagentaxX Posted October 2, 2002 Posted October 2, 2002 I have been wanting to watch The Chipmunk Adventure for months.. but I can't find it anywhere...
VP-Master Posted October 3, 2002 Posted October 3, 2002 I remember watching it in 2nd grade. It seemed pretty fun to watch them then but when I flip through chanels and see parts of their movies occasionally, it doesn't seems as cool as it used to. I guess its part of growing up...
vegeta rocker Posted October 3, 2002 Posted October 3, 2002 Man i always though that the chipmunks were heavy metal! I loved their movie, the one with the air balloon, as a kid i had a suitcase with that design. Now i have to figure out what im going to do with that chipmunks death metal tattoo...
Mitch Posted October 5, 2002 Posted October 5, 2002 [color=red]Chchchip and dale, rescue rangers...err...wrong show. [/color]
Manic Webb Posted October 6, 2002 Author Posted October 6, 2002 I obviously meant to mislead you all when I first started the topic, so let me be sorta serious this time... I liked watching The Chipmunks when I was younger. "The Chipmunk Adventure" movie was good, but the rest of them (the werewolf one, the Frankenstein one, Batmunk) were kinda bad. I always liked the show and the fact that they sang a bunch of other peoples' songs in their high-pitched voices. I wondered who did their voices all my life (turns out it was two people who recorded their voices at normal speed, cut the tape speed in half, and then sped it back up to normal. Tempo stayed the same, but the voices were warped to a high pitch). I think Alvin and Simon always had the same voice actor as Dave, and Theodore had the Chipettes' voice actress. It was fun to watch when I was younger. When I look back, the shows were "okay." It's been a while since I've seen the 1960s "The Alvin Show."
Foredaddy Posted October 6, 2002 Posted October 6, 2002 whew! I damn near crapped myself after reading this thread title.:devil: Alvin and the Chipmunks kick and have always kicked. Theodore is the best cause he is a big puss. Plus he eats alot just like me!;)
Guest Matt Posted October 6, 2002 Posted October 6, 2002 [color=red][b]Theodore rocked! I loved that show back in the day...[/b][/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now