OtakuBoards

Loves (hehe, this is different)

ChibiV

yeah, exactly. I can understand calumon's perspective though, for somepeople they're better off with those that aren't blood related.
I myself find it hard to talk to my parents about anything serious, only the stuff they dissaprove of that I find amusing like throwing ice at people. . . there are times when I pester about relatives, but I think I have a pretty good extended family that I'm with alot.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by calumon_luver [/i]
[B]Itz not backwards because some peoples parents aren't there for them...but your friends are always going to be there, and if they weren't they wouldn't be your friends would they??? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I realize some people have bad parents. It's a very unfortunate situation.

But I think the large majority of you on this board have [i]fine[/i] parents. Most parents aren't horrible people, it's just all your in your teenage minds.

I can't and don't really talk to my parents about anything serious, but I know I'd trust them more than anyone outside of my family.

[color=teal][size=1][b][i]Love For Your Country[/i]
This is a stupid, backwards country. I hate what it does, but I'd rather be here than in Iraq right now.

[i]Love For Your Religion[/i]
I consider myself Christian. Though I don't really go to church... Or read the Bible... or [i]pray[/i], for that matter. ...Heh.

[i]Love For Your Family[/i]
I freakin' HATE my family, so crap to that.

[i]Love For Your Friends[/i]
Oh yeah, I got the most love here. Never would've considered it to be possible in middle school, but it turns out that it's true now. Eek, I feel all special now. :D

[i]Romance[/i]
Hmm... We won't really get into that right now. But I'll say that I [i]am[/i] attempting to work things out. *nods, sighs*

[i]Love For Yourself[/i]
Mm-hmm... I love myself... EVERY NIGHT... :naughty:

I'm KIDDING. That was a JOKE.

Char![/b][/color][/size]

[FONT=arial][b]Love for your country:[/B] not really. I like living in the U.S. probably a lot more than I'd like living in some other countries, but I wouldn't say I loved some of the politics that have happened and are happening, whichever the case may be, I hate politics.

[B]Love for your religion:[/B] [i]very[/i] important. I don't know what I'd do without it. I know where I'd be if I didn't have it though, and let's just say I'd be totally wasted, in more ways than one.

[B]Love for your family:[/B] also very important. I actually get along with some of my family better than I get along with some people outside of it. of course, I said some. but I know that if anyone in my family were to die or be hurt, I'd be really upset.

[B]Love for your friends:[/B] not quite as important as family, but still pretty important. I'm talking about real, true friends. just about all 'friends' (aka good aquaintances) will come and go. there will only be maybe a couple out of [i]everybody[/i] that you could tell are your true friends, but it'll takes years to find out.

[B]Love for yourself:[/B] can't say I have that. I have respect for myself, but I don't love, let alone like myself.

[B]Love for a significant other:[/B] I sure [i]like[/i] somebody a LOT (not getting into it more than that), but I don't think I've 'loved' anybody like that. it's kinda like the whole deal about the friends, it would take a decently long time before you could say for sure whether you love somebody or not. real love doesn't fade after six months, or even a year (and so on).
[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina[/i]
[COLOR=darkblue][b]Why? because if you love your religion completely, then all the other loves come from it, after all, the most important commandment is:

"Love your neighbour as yourself"

where 'your neighbour' is effectively anyone and everyone.[/b][/COLOR][/QUOTE][color=indigo]I always found that quote rather interesting: "Love thy neighbor as yourself."

Hrmmm.. well what if someone hates themself? That doesn't give them the right to bring spite and malice to their "neighbor", but it still happens anyway: "The rotten apple spoils his companion."

So love for one's self still seems to reign supreme here.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I always found that quote rather interesting: "Love thy neighbor as yourself."

Hrmmm.. well what if someone hates themself? That doesn't give them the right to bring spite and malice to their "neighbor", but it still happens anyway: "The rotten apple spoils his companion."...
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[FONT=arial]I've thought about that before. I don't buy into the whole 'before you can love somebody you have to love yourself' bid. I don't love myself; in fact, I really doubt that there ever will be a time that I really do love myself, but that could just be pessimism talking; but I do love other people. and I don't think that people are affected for the worse by it either, lol.[/FONT]

Whoa, this is SUPERBE!

We have ALL the most popular discussions in one single thread (religion, politics, the opposite sex, family, USA...) -and, from all possible topics, love-thread!:D

Oh, I just love the way you do it, guys!:p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I always found that quote rather interesting: "Love thy neighbor as yourself."

Hrmmm.. well what if someone hates themself? That doesn't give them the right to bring spite and malice to their "neighbor", but it still happens anyway: "The rotten apple spoils his companion."
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That's a good point. One thing to remember is that much of the bible does depend on the way you view things. There's another verse like that- I don't know the exact words but it goes along these lines:

"Even you who do wrong know how to give good gifts to you children. When your child is hungry, do you give him a snake? How much greater, then will be the gifts from your father in heaven"

Essentially Jesus says that everyone is kind to their children, so surely God is even kinder. Now, there is a small amnount of the population that that verse just won't relate to, because they were abused and beaten as children. The problem is that in this verse God's love is being compared to human love, and there is such a huge difference between the two that there are bound to be inconsistencies in the analogy.

Similarly, in the verse "Love your neighbour as yourself", it was being focused towards people who mostly lived for themselves. A running theme all throughout the bible is that those who God made his people lived lives of immorality, mostly living for selfishness. Every so often a prophet would come along and tell them to change there ways, and more often than not they killed him. So when Jesus said that the most important commandment was "Love your neighbour as yourself", he said it to a group of people who had nothing but love for themself, and a small amount for others.

So yeah.. there are a few things like that which don't seem right because we are all human, and we're all different, so some verses just don't relate to certain people..