Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
There're more than one types of loves: The love for you country(nationalism...I think), correct me if I'm wrong on this one), the love for your friend/brother/sister, the love for your parents (honor your parents), the love for your religion(your belief), and the love between each other (as in guy and gal). Of all these loves, which one do you think is the most important? If you have to chose one of it, which one will you chose?
Posted
[color=red] These so called 'loves' all seem to selfish. If I [i]had[/i] to choose on I would probably choose love for your country. I would choose it because I think having a sense of love and compassion for your country is what all citizens of a country should have. They should be able to feel something for all of the things a country has done for them in the past, and the future.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]Love for religion. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]I second it[/b][/color]
Posted
By the way, love for your country is patriotism I think. I would have to say that love for your country is the most important. You could have evil parents, evil friends, or an evil country so I'm not sure what you should pick.
Posted
If you love yourself (not to the point of being self centered and whatever elsE), everything else should follow. So I'd most likely pick that one. Personally, I wouldn't care much about what country I lived in compared to the other choices here.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Love for one's self (not in an arrogant or egotistical way). You can't get too far without that.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree....as usual....he always says it before i do :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Love for one's self (not in an arrogant or egotistical way). You can't get too far without that.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkgreen][font=gothic]I agree, so many terrible and life threatening things stem from self-hate. It's very distracting, and every one suffers from it at some point in their lives. Even if it's just the passing thought, "My life would be so much better, if only I wasn't so damn [i]fat[/i]..."

Sound familiar? [/font][/color]
Posted
AHEM! The romantic love concerns also homosexuals, not just straight people. This is not a question of opinion, because it concerns only those people who are homosexual.:therock:

And I agree totally: the most important person in individual's life is s/he her/himself. If you say otherwise, it's quite sad, because then you'd be living this life to please others, neglecting your own needs. But I think few people are THAT saintly...

[b]Love for your country[/b]...nope, don't got it. Hey, I'm going to civil service instead of army (going either one of them is obligatory in my country). I don't believe civilized countries will take over each others anymore -we've passed worldwars a long time ago.

[b]Love for your friend.[/b] Well, that is important, but in my life, friends and acquintances come and go as they wish. I've got no control on that situation. But friends -and social relationships in general- are things keeping you going, so it's better to have shallow relationships than no relationships at all, right?

[b]Love for your family.[/b] I want to say, that honouring your parents isn't a must. My mother does not deserve my respect, for his a maniac, childbeating alcholholic, and I'm ever grateful for getting rid of her. My father...he's cool, but he isn't that active part in my life. My sisters and brothers...well, I love them, but I don't see them that much. My column of life is my grandmother, who I live with, but she's getting old, and we're arguing about lifestyles and opinions and needless stuff. I'm highly considering moving to a student-appartment.

[b]Romantic love.[/b] Haven't had much of it, and it REALLY bothers me . Eh, although I defended gay-rights in the beginning of my post, I'd like to add that I personally prefer girls over guys, just because I don't get along with my gender that well (I'm a guy, if somebody's mixed). I HAVE a girl in target, but there are some issues she needs to seddle. But maybe it'll work out...at least I hope it!

To conclude, yes, I consider myself the love of my life, but maybe things change when I can experience TRUE LOVE, if ever.

PS. there's also [b]love for your NET-friends[/b], and that is quite a complex thing, ne?;)
Posted
Love your family, ack, I don't consider my family a family. I concider two very special friends as family. I love em heaps, couldn't live with out them.
Love your friends, those who are friends aren't really friends, just aquantences.

But you really do need to love yourself, it isn't always selfish but you have to sometimes put yourself above others if it involves safety and health.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sage [/i]
[B]I don't believe civilized countries will take over each others anymore -we've passed worldwars a long time ago.[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue][size=1]Geez man, where have you been for the past year? Ever heard of a man named George Bush and a country called Iraq?:p

Anyway..

Lets see which of these I have...

[b]Love for your country[/b]
To a certain extent. Sometimes I think my country is making the wrong decisions or full of hippies, but I don't think I'd want to live anywhere else.

[b]Love for family[/b]
yep I have this. I'm closest to my family than I am to other people in my life (friends, etc)

[b]Love for my religion[/b]
Nope. I don't have a religion. I believe there is a god of some kind, but I'm not into religion, church and all that.

[b]Love for friends[/b]
I'm not very close to my real life friends and some of them are really pissing me off right now. But I have a couple of close friends but it's not like we're so close that they are like family or anything.

[b]Love between each other[/b]
Don't ask me, I wouldn't know.

[b]Love for myself[/b]
Yes I have this but not in an egotistical way. It's more like respect for myself and good self esteem.[/size][/color]
Posted
[color=royalblue]I think a love for basic human principles is most important; a love of life and a love for helping others.

That is surely far more important than a more selfish form of love, like love for your country or something like that.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyan_monkey [/i]
[B][color=blue][size=1]
[b]Love for your country[/b]
To a certain extent. Sometimes I think my country is making the wrong decisions or full of hippies, but I don't think I'd want to live anywhere else.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Not the country, I pudgy little man with dead possums for eyebrows ;)

James has a point, somewhat. as long as theres a basic love your alright. Alot of people only want Romantic love cause they're selfish and they want attention from their SO all the time and don't give back what they get
Posted
ouch. Thats a hard one. I dont think that love for your country is correct, i think it's more of a sense of loyalty. But anyway.

It's a toss up between Family, and the girl i would spend the rest of my life with. ** flips coin**

I'll get back to you on those results
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Love for one's self (not in an arrogant or egotistical way). You can't get too far without that.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
hehehe, how could I forgot this "love"
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Love for one's self (not in an arrogant or egotistical way). You can't get too far without that.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]C'est Vrai. Piro, you and I must be on the same wave length. As soon as I read the first post, I thought to myself "well, to truly love one's self is the most important thing of all"...[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[quote][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[b]Love for religion.[/b][/quote]
[B][color=red][b]I second it[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue][b]I third it

Why? because if you love your religion completely, then all the other loves come from it, after all, the most important commandment is:

"Love your neighbour as yourself"

where 'your neighbour' is effectively anyone and everyone.[/b][/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by calumon_luver [/i]
[B]Well I think i would choose friend love becuase if your parents aren't there for you your friends are and they always will!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

That's a very backwards way of looking at things.
Posted
Itz not backwards because some peoples parents aren't there for them...but your friends are always going to be there, and if they weren't they wouldn't be your friends would they???

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...