Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
im just being strait but i think the original db is kind of childish. i have seen most of the episodes and dident llike them that well. on the other hand i did love gt. so that makes it equal:p
Posted
You think it's childish? Other may think of it as...a comedy. It basically depends on your likes and dislikes of animes.

I'm not too sure, myself. I havn't seen enough episodes to judge one way or another, but I currently prefer DBZ for the action.
Guest SunRiZe
Posted
I din't really like the original Dragonball, theres too much comedy, and I like the action the best. Too light and i like darker animes.
Posted
I actually dont mind it much. I dont really think its great or anything, but its not all that bad.

a little too young for me, but there could still be worse programs than this.

although I love how krillen is almost as strong as gokou and at some points stronger.

the comedy of the show is also a perk.

but its still not all that good.
Id give it a 4 out of 10. not good , but still could be alot worse.
Posted
Childish, are we watching the same show here, I hardly find
master Roshi, fumbling under the table, trying to look up
launch's whatever to be all that childish, or daydreaming about
females underwear in a display case, "Childish", I tend to think that
is more aimed for adults then children,
Besides from all that then,
Yes it is more of a comedy then lets say DBZ, but,I like that part,less fighting more of a comedy.
The whole reason I got in to DBZ in the first place
wasn't because I liked the fighting cartoons,
in fact I wouldn't even allow my children to
watch any Amine cartoon period,One came on I'd change it,
Until my brother (21y.) came over and refused to change it,
and begged me to just watch, I refused of course,
until he left, now I'm addicted, Damn brother,
Now I know more then him, my 7 year old son knows more then he does.
What was my point here, oh yeah, I don't think that all of DB was made for children, nor was it made just to appeal to adults. I think that's it, I think anyway.
Posted
If you want "too childish," watch Hamtaro. Dragonball is just general enough to appeal to children and adults (despite the pervertedness and Goku's frequent nudity). There's some parts of Dragonball I like more than Dragonball Z, and that includes the comedy. Likewise, DBZ improved some of DB's features. I rather like Dragonball. It's good to know how it all began, plus it's funny. (the animation's kinda hard to sit through after seeing The Buu Saga, though)

Oh well, whatever. If you don't like the comedy, I guess you just don't like it...
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]Although in most parts of asia... lil kids in nude isn't considered... bad...
You see it all the time in cartoons, really...
That is... like.. baby-age 5 looking.... @_@
Dragonball, I think can be for any age group. ^_^
I showed one of my korean dragonball manga to my dad's friend, and he [i]really[/i] enjoyed it. ^_^[/color] [/size]
Posted
It doesn't bother me either i enjoy goku as a kid!It's funny him not knowing anything and i like the way he meets everyone and stays friends for so long!Its nice watching him grow up now Gt is kinda boring right now iv'e only watched episodes 1-12 havent got to any real action yet.:(
Posted
I like db it has just the right amount of humor and fighting for me. Plus it contains a bigger variety of powerful fighters. It kind of gets boring in dbz pretty much seeing only super saiyans doing the mojority the fighting.
Posted
[color=indigo]I enjoy watching DragonBall. It may not have the [i]intense[/i] fighting and display of super power that DragonBall Z or GT has, but for the lack of that they make up with humor. It may be more childish humor, but it is humor none-the-less. You can't really expect something more 'mature' from a twelve year old boy who has never set foot outside his home island before. It is also just good to see how everything got started between Kakarot and all of his friends that he has in DragonBall Z (Bulma, Tien, Yamucha, Krillen, etc.).[/color]
Posted
Dragonball is funny, it is childish but thats like saying Hamtaro doesn't have a complex plot. Thats just the way it is. It's toilet humor at it's tamest. If you are into DBZ you just might like the original.
Posted
i dont mean childish in a bad way. i just dont really like it greatly. and i must say...... hamtaro is the stupidist lamast excuse for an anime. o mean just look at the freakin thing. a bunch of retarted hampsters running around........ now thats childish! but back to the point. you still should watch it to get the roots of goku and friends.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Devon [/i]
[B]i dont mean childish in a bad way. i just dont really like it greatly. and i must say...... hamtaro is the stupidist lamast excuse for an anime. o mean just look at the freakin thing. a bunch of retarted hampsters running around........ now thats childish! but back to the point. you still should watch it to get the roots of goku and friends. [/B][/QUOTE]

You know good and well that if you were 4 years old, Hamtaro would be your favorite anime. :smirk:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]You know good and well that if you were 4 years old, Hamtaro would be your favorite anime. :smirk: [/B][/QUOTE]

ok..... well if i was like 4........ BUT YOU DONT SEE 4 YEAR OLDS WATCHING ANIME!!!!!!!:mad: sorry for the outburst:angel: but your must admit..... it is the most......... rediculous show on the network becides......... ppg! i hate it!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Devon [/i]
[B]ok..... well if i was like 4........ BUT YOU DONT SEE 4 YEAR OLDS WATCHING ANIME!!!!!!!:mad: sorry for the outburst:angel: but your must admit..... it is the most......... rediculous show on the network becides......... ppg! i hate it! [/B][/QUOTE]

What is ppg? I can barely read what you typed.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Devon [/i]
[B]im just being strait but i think the original db is kind of childish. i have seen most of the episodes and dident llike them that well. on the other hand i did love gt. so that makes it equal:p [/B][/QUOTE]

It's only childish because it's a child's show. duh.

however, I thought it childish at first, but it's nice to know where they all started out as.
Guest Imsirion
Posted
I like Db a whole lot more than DBZ. It has plot,comedy, and I like the wider cast of fighters in tyhe show, like someone mentioned. In DBZ, its like, dont sneeze Goku, you dont want to blow up the whole frick'n universe. Their just to powerful and I dont like that. DB is perfect.

p.s. dont diss the ham-hams, its a nice little kiddie anime and its for the kiddies and they like it and thats fine. Most pre schoolers dont exactly like shows with plot and violence. :)
Posted
The villains in DB were a lot crazier and funnier than the villains of DBZ. [i]A lot[/b].

On an unrelated note:
The creator of Powerpuff Girls didn't make Dexter's Lab. The creator of Dexter's Lab is just the director/art director of PPG. That's why they look so similar.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...