Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Has anyone ever played and/or heard of Legend of Legaia? If you haven't, I highly reccomend it. Yes, it is for PSX (Playstation 1), and the map movement is pretty slow, but the battle style and the FMVs are a nice addition to the game. The storyline is alright, it takes roughly 70-90 hours of straight gameplay to get through this single-disc game. This isn't just a game that you play through and be bored with it after the first time through. You can't help but to get into the story. Well, anyone played it, and did you like it?
Posted
Legend of Legaia was and still is one of my favourite RPGs to date... Very innovative, and the battle system was unique. Even now, I could still play through it again... It's hard to get bored of LoL. ^^
Posted
[color=crimson]Basic, non spoiler plot line, please? This sounds quite interesting (I'm going on an RPG/action binge--plan to pick up the FFs I've missed, along with other good RPGs, and some Zelda/Spyro type games whilst I am at it.). [/color]
Posted
If my pal Rob (Vampire Ed) sees this topic, goodness help me, lol.

He purchased the game quite a while back and instantly acclaimed it as a quality rpg and encouraged me to give it a chance. Suffice to say, it didn't go over well with me.

I might be judging a little too harshly, but the only thing that captured my attention with this game was the combat system. Everything else was just the same old, boring coming-of-age cliche gimmick.

I just thought that the fog storyline was uninspired and that the characters were nothing special. Compound those factors with graphics that would make the wicked witch cry, and you've got yourself one heck of a stinker.

There's just so many better role-playing games out there for the PSX.....
Posted
I miss that game...

Anyhow, Ginny. Basically, Humans and Seru, monster-ish-things, co-exist happily until the 'Mist' comes, turing Seru beserk. Seru start killing humans, who in turn build cities with big walls or near winds to keep the mist - and Seru - away.

I suppose that's a short summary. ^^;

Gods, I had a file right at the Jugganaut, right at the end...and my brother deleted it. *Sobs* I was about to fight Cort! I didn't care about the graphics, the battle system - and arts - were good enough for me, even if it took a long time for me to learn new Seru magic.
Posted
I quite simply could not stand this game. The graphics bothered me and the game just dragged and dragged. I personally didn't find the fighting all that great to make up for the rest of it. The most important stuff, characters and story, were totally lacking in nearly every way.

I'm very open about RPGs, but this game didn't catch my interest at all. I'm not sure about the second one yet, it should be out soon.

It annoys me that everyone has played this game, while threads on Valkyrie Profile and Persona/Persona 2 disappear. Oh well.
Posted
I have to admit, I didn't think it would be a good game after seeing the beginning of it. But after a while, i kinda grew to love it and now, i'm addicted............again. Yes, ginny, the storyline somewhat follows that of FFIX, but the battle system is far greater....well, not really much better than the FF series, but it is a good game.

The story goes a little something like: One boy from a village called Rim Elm sets out on a quest to revive what's called a Genisis Tree to drive back the Mist, which in turn, allows the Seru to posess humans not wearing a Ra-Seru, or gaurdian seru if you will. Along the way, Vahn, the main character, meets up with a couple of other people selected by a Ra-Seru and together they embark to drive away the mist from the world.

It goes something like that... can't go much farther without getting spoilers in it...
Posted
[color=red] I've played it. Seems like a while ago, but yeh, it was pretty good. Did you know that Legend of Lagaia 2 is in the works?[/color]
Posted
[url]http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=218049[/url]

It's already out. I've read some decent impressions, but I'm not sure if it'll interest me based on my dislike for the original.

Wild Arms 3 also came out today, which I'll probably check out... Even though the 2nd one wasn't very good haha.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]It's already out. I've read some decent impressions, but I'm not sure if it'll interest me based on my dislike for the original.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, based upon what I've read, it's suffers from many of its predecessor's weaknesses. Meaning,the combat engine is fairly strong, but the rest of the game wallows in average waters....
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
[quote][i]Originally Posted By CrazyWhiteBoy[/i]
The graphics bothered me and the game just dragged and dragged.[/quote]

Amen. Also toward the end of the game it just got far to hard to level up. A half-hour of gameplay for two or three levels? Doesn't sound good to me. I lost interest after[b]SPOILER[/b] I had to battle Cort in the flying Mist palace.
Posted
Did you beat Cort?

Btw, I did get LoL2, and it sucks even more *edit* than the first one! The graphics still suck, gameplay is a tad better, not much though, Storyline sucks, and Battles are the only good point of it... the Command and Auto commands are still there, so there was no change to the battles except a slight change in monsters... overall I give it a 2. The 2 comes straight from the battles.
Posted
I can't beat that guy that comes in the forest that says he isn't being controled by the seru's monsters. Anyone have any stratigies.
I just can't get it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...