Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
If you had a time machine, what would you do? If I would be able to go back in time... I would change a few things about myself. For one thing, I would make better grades and get a better job. I would also be a better sister to my siblings.. Also, I wouldn't have been such a pain for my parents... I want to know what all of you would do if you could go back in time ..
Posted
If I had a time machine, I'd go back to witness important events and blend in with the crowd, as not to change anything. I wouldn't want to alter my own life, as it might cause a paradox. :cross:
Posted
I would go back and live my life exactly the way I lived it the first time. No point in procrastinating about mistakes you made in the past, because chances are if you went back to correct them, you'd make more mistakes and want to fix those aswell.
Posted
Well that's good... I wouldn't want to lose a cool person like you... If you would go and kill yourself, then I would have to go back in time and make sure you won't kill yourself!!! :) It's just a thought!!!
Posted
I'd change alot in my life. But then probably wouldn't because it might change how it currently is, in which case, certain aspects would change that I wouldn't want to. There's alot of more global aspects I'd change. George Bush wouldn't be president, terrorism wouldn't exist. Bah, actually, even the littlest of things can change the outcome of anyone's life, so it would be hard to go back and change something. I would like to kick certain people in the balls so they wouldn't have children. But that would be for amusement purposes only. Oh yeah, I'd want to see the President kennedy asasination. Just so I can feed my curiosity of who really did it.
Posted
Yeah, I'd go back and kill Osama Bin-Stupid after the FIRST time he tried to blow up the WTC towers.

And I'd go back and take back some of the hateful things I've said, and say some hateful (or funny, or sarcastic, you get the idea) things when they were needed. And I'd make sure that I wouldn't have such a horrible life . . . there's a lot of things I would just want to go back and watch from a different point of view . . .
Posted
I can't say that I'd want to change anything. If I changed something in my life (for example helping prevent my dad's death or whatever else), how would I be guaranteed the new future would be any better? Some things are just meant to happen, and I wouldn't want to play god by changing any of them.

In terms of major things like terrorism, yeah it would be nice to just get rid of them... But there will always be some reaction, I can't imagine ever doing away with all these bad things. For all I know, the resulting outcome could be worse heh.

I would go back and try to see and experience things I would have not gotten to otherwise... But I wouldn't try to change anything immensely.
Posted
if i had a time machine i would go back to the day i decided to commit suicide and talk to someone.... but then again

back last feb when i was gonna comit suicide ...shaun31us her pmed me.... we talked for hours..... i went to sleep that night thinking about what we talked about and wondering what...we might tak about again... now a year later.... we have adopted each other as family. He is my brother and i am his sister...he is a true friend..hes almsot the only one i got.... we are such friends... that each night he says he loves me before we get off....i only have 2 friends like that.......my family treats me like dirt..so literaly all i have is shaun.....

so my answer

I wouldetn go back in time.... i dont wanna change a thing
Posted
I'd go back and blow up my time machine.. there's a paradox for ya.. :D

But seriously, I don't really know what I'd do.. it depends on if this is a "go back as you are now" or "turn back time and be 11 again" time machine :)
Posted
I have a theory about going back in time. If you went back in time and met yourself, anything you did to you wouldn't harm you, because what has happened to you has happened to you and you can't change it. So, if you try and stop yourself from, say breaking your leg, you would still have broken your leg because you really can't change your past. And nothing would change the fact that you went back in time to do it anyway. Essentially, what you're doing is stopping someone [I]else[/I] from breaking their leg, despite the fact that they are actually you. And by changing the past, you wouldn't be able to go back to the future you came from because things would have changed. But that's all theory anyway.

If I could go back in time I'd buy all the things I said I'd always wanted, like the Dinobots and Visionaries Dagger Assault. I love toys, and to try and get them now would cost hundreds, which I don't have.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine [/i]
[B]I have a theory about going back in time. If you went back in time and met yourself, anything you did to you wouldn't harm you, because what has happened to you has happened to you and you can't change it. So, if you try and stop yourself from, say breaking your leg, you would still have broken your leg because you really can't change your past. And nothing would change the fact that you went back in time to do it anyway. Essentially, what you're doing is stopping someone [I]else[/I] from breaking their leg, despite the fact that they are actually you. And by changing the past, you wouldn't be able to go back to the future you came from because things would have changed. But that's all theory anyway.

If I could go back in time I'd buy all the things I said I'd always wanted, like the Dinobots and Visionaries Dagger Assault. I love toys, and to try and get them now would cost hundreds, which I don't have. [/B][/QUOTE]

I have lots of theories. They hurt my head :(

My theory on this subject is like this: I think that if you went back in time and did something, such as kill yourself, then that would kind of make a whole seperate timeline where you don't exist, and when you go back to your time, you still do exist.. otherwise there would be a huge paradox, where some guy died, and then later went back to kill himself. The universe isn't just going to collapse into one big heap just because some idiot decides to kill himself.. I'm sure there are ways around these things. :)
Posted
[color=red][b]I would go back to 1942 and watch out World War 2 played out. I am a big history buff and am facinated by WW2[/b][/color]
Posted
If I could go back in time I would kill William Shakespeare and the lady who wrote to kill a mocking bird before they could write a single word, I would also take back the most technologically advance items I can find and give it to the people of the past, so when I come back technology would have surpassed its cirrent level.

Reverence-out>>
Posted
If I could go back in time, I would want to go see how the declaration of independance was sighned and the United States was created in person.. I am also a history fanatic...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Psychotik [/i]
[B]If I could go back in time I would kill William Shakespeare and the lady who wrote to kill a mocking bird before they could write a single word, I would also take back the most technologically advance items I can find and give it to the people of the past, so when I come back technology would have surpassed its cirrent level.

Reverence-out>> [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Shakespeare's writings (especially Macbeth and Hamlet) are wonderful. And Harper Lee (wrote [i]To Kill a Mockingbird[/i]) is an excellent author. I have read her book many times.

And if you bring technology back into the future, it's true that we might have better technology now. Or it could just speed up the time it takes us to kill ourselves. So you could come back to find the world gone.

And I found this (see attached):[/b][/color]
Posted
That's great Son Goten. Do you know if they have gone yet?
If I had the chance to go back in time, I would, but then later I would go back in time to stop myself from going back in time incase I accidentally screwded something up.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]And if you bring technology back into the future, it's true that we might have better technology now. Or it could just speed up the time it takes us to kill ourselves. So you could come back to find the world gone.
[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I was going to say the same thing... imagine this:

15th Century Soldier: *spots his target. He pulls the pin out of the grenade*

Target: *Goes about his business*

Soldier: *Throws pin, and blows himself and his buddies up*

Target: what was that?? *shrugs, and goes about his business again*
Posted
These sites are cool if you're interested in the possibility of time travel...

[URL=http://www.artcomic.com/timetravel/intro.html]Instructions for Meeting Time Travelers[/URL]

[URL=http://www.timetravelfund.com/]The Time Travel Fund[/URL]
Posted
I have a theory about time travel. Everything we do is destiny, and there is no free will. Therefore, if I were to go back in time, I could not do anything that would create a paradox - i.e., kill myself, kill my grandma, destroy the machine, etc. (For that matter, I could not NOT do something that would create a paradox - e.g., Harry Potter's Expecto Patronus spell.)

Either that, or time travel just moves us back [i]n[/i] years and splits our existence/reality/universe to whatever we choose from there on out.

If I were to go back in time, I wouldn't change anything. I think that the normal course of everything works out well. Actually - scratch that, I'd like to see where I put all these things that I've lost over the years (pencils, etc.) :-).
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Psychotik [/i]
[B]If I could go back in time I would kill William Shakespeare and the lady who wrote to kill a mocking bird before they could write a single word, I would also take back the most technologically advance items I can find and give it to the people of the past, so when I come back technology would have surpassed its cirrent level.

Reverence-out>> [/B][/QUOTE]


why would you kill them? first of all, killing is not cool imho, and they are brilliant authors, especially the TKAMB person.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...