OtakuBoards

A way to stop it

Hyper

We all know double psoting is againt the rules right?
And sometimes newbies do, and then people will sapm and tell them not to do it? Well I was at another V-Bulliten message board, an there was feature that prevents double posting.
Maybe it will help.:)

[color=sienna]First off, its actually conceptually simple... by a programming standpoint, if you know php, which these boards are run by... after giving a bit of thought, one could troubleshoot the solution rather quickly. HOWEVER!!!!!!!! It does not truely pose that large of a threat to the surival of these boards that we stop double posting. I mean...Seriously...It would almost be useless...you only learn from your mistakes, and if a newby is told by a stupid msg redirect "You may not doublepost..." ... heh.. might just ward off people from doubleposting but it will seriously, in my eyes, not really contribute to helping the boards aLL that much... anyway!!! Im not a mod, nor an admin...but that dont mean my opinion dont mean nuffin..cuz im parta the populous just like you, hehe...i make these boards :)

*Phantom shuts up...just had to run his mouth for a bit...loves stating useless opinions.*[/color]

[color=royalblue]Frankly, the more technology we use to prevent these problems, the better.

The problem is that right now, I have a totally inactive Tech Staff. And good tech staff are very hard to find. So my hands are tied when it comes to software upgrades at the current time.[/color]

[color=sienna]I know my tech, however you dont know me, nor will i give my schooling second priority to my personal life... so all i'll do is run my mouth.. :-D but if i can ever help...ide love to..just...i cant take on a position...even if i decided it was worth proving it.. :)[/color]

[color=red] Double posting doesn't seem to be that big of a problem, except for in a newbie's case. And anyways, if they (a newbie) does double post, I usually nicely tell them, or another mod does, to delete their double post and edit their first and add it all together. But, yes, if it could be done, a stopping of double posting would be worthy to have.[/color]

I found one problem - if you say something, and then find a file/picture to add to your point, editing the post won't let you attach new. I would think double posting would be your only solution if no one was responding. There are probably some problems caused by force-disabling double postings; we can let the humans do this.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Phantom [/i]
[B][color=sienna] I mean...Seriously...It would almost be useless...you only learn from your mistakes, and if a newby is told by a stupid msg redirect "You may not doublepost..."
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]
I agree, but I recently told someone that double posting was against the rules and was SPAM but all I got in return was being called a jackass (even though I answered his/her question).
[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aries [/i]
[B][color=darkblue][size=1]
I agree, but I recently told someone that double posting was against the rules and was SPAM but all I got in return was being called a jackass (even though I answered his/her question).
[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1] I just saw that topic. :p He wasn't even a newbie (like meh!) either and he still broke the rules. Then he acted like you didn't even know what S.P.A.M. was. As for the suggestion, it may help the amount of S.P.A.M. on theese forums.[/size]

[size=1]Sorry, Aries. I know you thought you were doing the best thing, but you could prolly tell Yori was a bit ticked to begin with. And while I don't see a thing wrong with your post, if you read it while even slightly stressed, it does sound as tho' you're yelling. Fact is, the thread prolly would've been buried and never seen again. And, well...

Eh. I've gone off playing mod again. Best to you all.[/size]

I know it's enforced well, but it has a politeful message telling you to edit your post instead. But I havn't seen very many double-posts lately so it probably isn't necessary.

But in case the Spammers come..
::Scary music plays::

Ha, double posting? What's that?

Every time someone does it in the Sony forum, I combine their posts and provide a nice little warning. I simply delete other members' chastising posts.

I mean, when the problem is handled quickly enough, and no exceptions are made, it isn't able to manifest into much of a problem after all.

Although, a technological solution would be terrific.