This thread is to serve as the general starters point for any beginning artist visiting OtakuBoards. So the idea is that this thread will be an ever-growing bunk of information to help you on your way!
Also, in the nearby future you will see a variety of tutorials popping up, covering all sorts of subjects in all sorts of art media. These tutorials are made by our very own members and are meant to help you, but also to share ideas and start discussions on how things are done!
I'd like to encourage everybody to post up their own tutorials and to comment on the tutorials of others, but also to share links to tutorials you thought are helpful and are anywhere else on the internet, and sites to free fonts/brushes et cetera! I'll link to everything in this very post. Also, feel free to give suggestions and ask any questions, about the tutorials or any general question about art!
Tutorials on OtakuBoards:
- Quick Coloring in Photoshop by Kei
- Cleaning Scans in Photoshop by Kei
- Lineart With the Pen Tool by Katana
- Sprites - Recolouring (using MS Paint) by
- Faking transparency in a banner by Delta
- Translucent Objects and Eyes by Inkwolf
- How to make glow lines in Photoshop by SarahPatricia
- Lighting tutorial using Photoshop by Katie!
- Banner/Tag tutorial using Photoshop by Katie!
- Banner/Tag tutorial 2 using Photoshop by Katie!
- Da Font - a website with tons of free fonts to use.
- 1001 Free Fonts - another website loaded with free fonts.
Edited by Boo, 27 March 2012 - 07:40 PM.