OtakuBoards

Pokemon: Warzone

GuyYouMetOnline

[i]Something happened.

It started with an increase in incidents of Pokemon disobeying and, in some cases, attacking their trainers. Analysis of the incidents showed that they occurred more frequently with trainers who treated their Pokemon poorly. It seemed, then, that Pokemon had simply begun excersizing a greater level of personal choice. This news, though fairly major, ended up not being as huge a story as some predicted; in fact, many people were surpried that such a thing hadn't happened sooner, especially in regards to less kind trainers. Such incidents with trainers who do treat their Pokemon well, it was assumed, were for other reasons; a Pokemon that wants to remain wild, for instance, or one that doesn't like its trainer for some other reason. But despite that, the general consensus was that it was a change for the better.

Next came an increase in the resistance to capture of wild Pokemon.Many saw nothing too strange about this; it seemed a natural extension of Pokemon exercising greater choice in regards to their trainers. The speed with which these changes occurred was seen as strange, however, but most saw this as nothing more than a curiosity, especially since most attention was on the fact that these changes were occurring at all.

The attacks began about a month after Pokemon started exercising greater personal choice. Not individual attacks; these were coordinated strikes against multiple cities. This was no natural incident; it was a surprise attack. It was the opening strike of a war.[/i]

Kiera Sente leaned cautiously out from the alleyway. [i]Looks clear.[/i] "You sense anything, Espeon?" she whispered, turning to the Pokemon beside her. Espeon shook her head. "Good." She turned to the other Pokemon next to her. "All right, Sceptile, bring the others up."

Sceptile vanished back through the alleyway. She was soon back, a small group of humans following her. Around them were the other four members of Kiera's team: Gardevoir on point, Glaceon and Arcanine to either side, and Garchomp bringing up the rear. They'd been moving carefully through the streets of Goldenrod in this manner for a while now, and had almost reached their destination.

"Okay," Kiera said, "it looks clear. The bad news is that we'll be in the open the rest of the way, so we'll have to move quickly. It shouldn't take us more than a couple minutes, but it'll be the longest we've been exposed for. If we're seen, just keep moving and let me handle it. And you stay with," she said to the four Pokemon surrounding the humans. "Espeon and Sceptile will stay with me." She leaned out again for one more look. [i]Okay, looks like we're good to go. Damn it, this is not how I wanted to be spending my birthday. 'Happy 25th! Now go run for your life!' Well, let's do this.[/i] "Now!"

Things had happened quickly, and not just in Goldenrod. Goldenrod had been hit about fifteen minutes after news for the first attack, targeting Vermillion, had reached the city. Within that time, there were reports of attack from several other cities, including Olivine in Johto, Slateport in Hoenn, and Veilstone and Hearthome in Sinnoh. How many other cities had been attacked was unknown, because the attacking Pokemon took out the city's power as quickly as they could. Their force took the city completely by surprise, and had overrun it before anyone really knew what was happening. The main force, Kiera thought, had likely departed, but a substantial number still remained, and everyone in the city was in danger. The attacking force had killed everyone it could, and the remaining force was scouring the city, looking for anyone who was still alive.

[i]What the hell is this?[/i] Kiera wondered as she and her group moved. [i]This is clearly not some crazy wild Pokemon rampage. This was carefully planned, and it sounds like it was coordinated with other attacks. That implies centralized leadership. But why this massacre? Why go straight to 'kill everyone'?[/i]

Kiera had stumbled upon a small group as she'd moved through the city. Like her, they'd just happened to come upon each other, and had banded together in the hope that it would increase their chance of survival. Except that the group's mood was one of panic. None of them really had their wits about them, whereas Kiera had managed to keep her cool. So she'd found herself the informal leader of the group, simply because nobody else was composed enough to think too clearly.

The group made it the rest of the way to their destination without incident, and quickly entered the building. [i]Running for our lives, staying out of sight, banding together in desperation, and now we're hiding out in the local big box store,[/i] Kiera thought as she recalled her team. [i]I feel like I'm in a goddamn zombie movie.[/i]

She examined the group. "Okay, it looks like we're all here. Good. All right, we should be at least a little safer here, but I don't think there's anywhere in the city that's completely safe. Let's see here... you and you." She pointed at two who looked less shaky then the rest. [i]And who have multiple Pokemon on them.[/i] "You're one pair. And you, you're with me. We need to sweep the place, make sure there aren't any surprises waiting for us. And we need to seal all the doors as best we can. Am I right to assume that all three of you are trainers?" They nodded. "Good. You two take the left side; we'll take the right. As for the rest of you... you. Are you a trainer, too?" Another nod. "All right, then. You take everyone over to the outdoor department. We'll set up camp there-and I guess that's where the camping gear is, so pardon the pun. Get everyone there and wait. Once the four of us get back, we'll see about food and other supplies. Got it?" Everyone nodded. "All right, then. Two more things. First, we may not be the only people hiding in here, and even if we are now, someone else may show up later. If anyone else is here, they'll probably be just as on edge as we are, so be careful. But try not to hurt them; any humans we see will be in the same situation as we are, so we should join together, not fight. And second, we're at risk even here, so nobody goes anywhere alone. Always move in pairs at the minimum. Do not go anywhere alone. Don't even step out of sight of your partner. I don't care if you need to take a piss, or what. Have another human with you at all times. Got it?" More nods. "Good. All right, then, let's get to work."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

That should tell you the basic situation. Armies of Pokemon are attacking cities and killing everyone they see. People in the attacked cities are desperately trying to survive, and those in other cities are probably pretty damn freaked out by the news of all this. Check the [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/44425-pokemon-warzone-backstage/"]Backstage thread[/url] for more information.

Sign-ups can be in whatever form you like, but they must contain the following information:

Name
Current location/situation
Pokemon team

Appearance information isn't required. You can include it if you want, but you don't have to. Just dropping a few bits of information here and therethroughout the RP will be more than sufficient.

Children are allowed, but they're not going to be skilled trainers. I know the show has kids starting at age 10, but that's not the case here. Kids can have Pokemon, but nobody under the age of 16 is allowed to be a registered trainer. And if you want to be in the millitary, note that nobody under 20 is permitted to join any branch of the millitary.

Some basic personality information is also necessary, but it's probably not necessary to include anything besides what comes out in what you write, although if you decide to do a basic sign-up form, do be sure to include some personality information. Although if you do just do a form, I'll want a seperate writing sample anyways, so you still may not need to include anything extra.

As for the location/situation part, you're free to choose where you want your character to be and what you want him/her to be doing (if it's unacceptable, I'll let you know, but I don't think that will be an issue).(And if you want to be in Kiera's group, or someone else in the same place, go ahead.).

And a note on Pokemon teams: no legendaries. If you really want one, PM me, and I'll see what we can work out.

Well, there we go. If you have any questions, please head over to the Backstage thread. Edited by GuyYouMetOnline

[b]Name[/b]
Hiro Mitsunari

[b]Age[/b]

[b]Gender[/b]
Male

[b]Current location/situation[/b]
Blackthorn
Situation: The city has been overrun and destroyed for the most part. The remaining survivors were rounded up by Claire and her grandfather in a shelter room underneath the Dragon Shrine. We had been surviving for awhile until things took a turn for the worst. Food supplies got very short and people were passing away every few weeks or so. After seeing enough, Claire took it upon herself to find more food and to get in contact with Lance to plan a way to meet up. She left with a message: "Those of you strong enough, help those who are struggling. I understand very few of you have Pokemon so those who do, take charge and take care." She left into the night....

(3 Trainers: Hiro Mitsunari, Jun Azai, Ryu Tsuno)

That was weeks ago...now the 3 people who had Pokemon were desperately trying to stay strong but even they feared what faith might fall upon them. Hiro, Ryu, and Jun got together and decided it was time for action. He stepped forward and began speaking to the groups of people. "We cant wait here anymore for Claire. Now Im sure she is coming back but for now we have to find some food to hold us over. Now,one of these trainers and I will go out and search the town for some food. We have to travel light and fast so only two of us are gonna go. We will try to be back as soon as we can with as much supplies as we can. You guys will be in great hands with Jun here. She is a very good trainer. And for some extra protection Im leaving my Scizor and Hitmontop. (grabs his pack) Alright,we're leaving now. (turns to Ryu) You ready?"
*They both head out of the underground location.*

Hiro:
http://www.screencast.com/t/ZWQ4ODRjNzI

[b]Pokemon team[/b]
Hitmontop
Scizor
Floatzel
Charizard-most powerful
Flygon
Electivire

[b]Pack[/b]
Pokedex
Couple of Oran Berries
Antidote
(Left alot of space to carry food and more supplies back to Dragon's Shrine)

[b]Personality[/b]
He is normally a calm, happy person. Of course, since he is dealing with death and misfortune, his attitude changes accordingly. Hes been on his journey for awhile as he is from Sunnyshore city originally. Tends to keep all of his negative emotions bottled up but that does come back to haunt him as he can snap given enough pressure around him. He doesnt like to lead others but learns to as he deals with this terrible situation. Edited by Humaru

[color="#800080"][b]Name:[/b] Dusana "Dusa" Drogo
[b]Age: [/b]19
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Current location/situation:[/b] Goldenrod City
With the flash of light fading, Dusa's Evee finished evolving into Umbreon. It was risky evolving it at night, but this was her only chance to strengthen her team just in case she was spotted. Taking a quick look around to make sure nothing noticed her, Dusa put Perilla back in her Pokéball. She walked off quickly, finding a place to spend the night.

After walking a few blocks, Dusa found a small abandoned house that seemed safe enough. She checked inside cautiously, making sure there weren't any Ekans or bug Pokémon. Even the smallest of the small could give her trouble as she slept. Finally, after finding out the house was truly uninhabited, Dusa got her first good night sleep since what seemed like a long long time.

The next day, Dusa woke up to a growling sound. An Arcanine was outside the window. Dusa hid under the bed and held her breath. She normally was pretty brave, but in a situation like this she wanted to avoid any unnecessary fights. The growling got further and further away and Dusa sighed in relief. She had to find a better spot to camp out. Some place with supplies. She summoned her Abra out of it's Dusk Ball to avoid going outside of the house, just in case there was another Arcanine nearby. He would have to be her lookout.

"Jimbu, let's get out of here." She whispered.
Her Abra just nodded and followed after her, looking around quickly for Arcanines. Dusa looked around quickly and saw just what she needed. A shopping mall. Something that big should have some supplies left over and maybe other trainers or even a military base of some kind. Dusa put away her Abra for easier travel and walked towards the mall.

This was not how she had planned on spending the day though. She was thankful that she was surviving, of course, unlike the unlucky people who were already killed or wounded and dying. But Dusa was on a mission for her sister. Her sister was the leader of an organization that was started when Dusa herself was a little girl. Because of their relationship however though, Dusa quickly rose up through the ranks to the second in command position that she held now. Everyone had a job to do and Dusa was no exception. This was put on hold thanks to the attack. She couldn't even radio her sister or the other members to let them know she was still alive. She hoped that her sister was okay, as she came closer to the mall.

Leaving the [url="http://i48.tinypic.com/nve6np.jpg"]organization's mark[/url] on one of the walls, Dusa opened the door of the mall slowly. The coast was clear, and even better, she heard human voices. She ran to the source, soon running into another girl who was talking to other trainers about her plans for survival. Ignoring her mission, Dusa stepped forward. She kept her organization life separate from her everyday life, and would sometimes decide that her missions could wait.
"I know I might have just got here, but I'll do whatever I can to help."
[b]Pokemon team:[/b]
Abra - [b]"Jimbu"[/b]
Drowzee - [b]"Fennel"[/b]
Ditto - [b]"Chironji"[/b]
Gastly - [b]"Chicory"[/b]
Houndor -[b]"Paprika"[/b]
Umbreon - [b]"Perilla"[/b]
[/color]
[img]http://i45.tinypic.com/23ixjwy.jpg[/img] Edited by Lilt

[b]Name:[/b] Skippy Grinner

[b]Age:[/b] 21

[b]Gender:[/b] Female

[b]Current Location/Situation[/b]
Outskirts of Olivine
Situation: Skippy lives in Violet City where she is part of the air force. Violet City got word of an attack in Olivine and deployed a squadron to help. Skippy was forced to land and lost her walkie-talkie when the number of Pokemon became too much for the squadron to handle. Skippy has managed to make her way to the outskirts of the city. She is planning on making her way to Ecruteak, then Goldenrod where she plans to contact the air force. Skippy is unaware of Goldenrod's fallen status.

"I don't understand any of this!" Skippy muttered. She heard a sudden flapping. "Valor, get down!" She gasped quietly, jumping back into a large group of bushes with her Charizard. The Pidgeot overhead scanned the ground, but did not spot the two air force officers. When the Pokemon was out of sight, Skippy and Valor continued crawling toward Route 39, the route that would take them to Ecruteak. "Nearly an entire squadron taken out by those Pokemon... What if I'm the only one left? Well, I'm sure I'm not...right? Anyway, I'd better be quiet before the Pidgeot comes back. Keep an eye out, Valor!"

Skippy and Valor scuttled into the open, a very dangerous move. Almost reaching the bushes alongside the route, Skippy began to smile a little. The smile was probably the first since she'd been grounded. Alas, it was not to last. Skippy heard the shrill cry of the Pidgeot from before. Her eyes widened as she turned to face the angry Pokemon. "Valor, use Flamethrower!" The large Charizard lifted his head and shot a stream of fire into the Pidgeot's face, sending it reeling back. "Good! Valor, return!" Skippy commanded as she called Valor back into his Pokeball. "Come on, Runa!" The Raichu shot out from the Pokeball and jumped in front of Skippy, growling at the Pidgeot. The Pidgeot opened its mouth to call for more Pokemon, but Skippy and Runa were too quick. "Runa! Use Thunderbolt!" Runa shot a blast of electricity. The Pidgeot crashed to the ground, knocked out.

"Let's get out of here! The other Pokemon are sure to swarm! There is no way in hell that they didn't hear that!" Skippy grunted, sprinting down the path of Route 39 with Runa keeping up easily. A few yards up the path was the abandoned MooMoo Farm. Skippy and Runa ducked inside the ruined house next to the barn. Skippy returned Runa to her Pokeball. "This is all a disaster...," Skippy sighed, squatting on a rug. "Don't you dare cry...," she sniffed. Wiping her eyes, she heightened herself just enough to peer over a window. Skippy could see a horde of Pokemon at the edge of Olivine City. Skippy crept out of the house and toward some trees. She sighed and unclipped Valor's Pokeball. "Come on, Valor! We have to go!" Skippy climbed on Valor's back and put her arms around his neck. "Go, now!" Valor rocketed into the sky with one flap and began to beat his powerful wings. "Onward to Ecruteak, Valor! We have the cloud cover to fly now!"

[b]Pokemon Team[/b]
*Charizard: Valor
Jigglypuff: Charm
Raichu: Runa
Empoleon: Borislav
Marshtomp: Edvard
Ivysaur: Gladys
*= Strongest

[b]Pack[/b]
Pokedex
Parlyz Heals
Ice Heals
Antidotes
Full Restores
Food and Water Rations

[b]Personality[/b]
Skippy Grinner is the personification of the phrase, "Better safe than sorry." She is always prepared for the worst. Skippy works well under pressure as she takes things very seriously even when there is no pressure. She is clever, but often arrogant and quick-tempered. Skippy is originally from Fuchsia City but traveled to Violet City to join the Air Force. Her military training makes her a bit more disciplined than many people in this time of Pokemon attacks. The pic below is Skippy in her Violet City Air Force uniform.
[img]http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss46/chibi_master/skippygrinner-1.jpg[/img] Edited by chibi-master

Name: Satu Lin

Current location/situation:
Goldenrod City

Satu was currently making her way out of, Goldenrod City, after the attack. On her way out of the city she spotted the local store. â??I better stock up.â? she said, to herself. Quietly making her way across the open area near the store and manage to sneak inside unnoticed. Once inside Satu breathed a sign of relief. The building had seen better days. The roof was fallen in some places; shelves were trashed and broken items littering the floor. On the far wall was a partially blocked opening to a staircase, leading to lower levels of the building. Satu made her way to the staircase and glance down its depths. Carefully, she put one foot on the first step, testing to see if the step would hold. Taking a deep breath, Satu, carefully made her way down the staircase to the next level. â??At least Iâ??m safe enough until I manage to get out of this city.â? Satu, muttered. Along the walls were large, garage type doors, leading to storage areas. One of the garage doors was left open. Inside, was various basic supplies, everything from potions to paralyze heal could be found. â??Jackpot!â? she, whisper shouted, in excitement.

The noise brought a response from behind a row of supply boxes. Out stepped a Houndoom, growling ready to attack. Satu started to back slowly away, as she quickly grabbed a Pokeball from belt. â??Help, Umbreon, use Shadow Ball!â? Umbreon open her mouth, gathered the dark energy and released the attack. The Shadow Ball hit Houndoom as he tried to dodge, throwing him back, but not causing any substantial damage. â??Now, useâ?¦â? Satu shouted, however before she could finish, Houndoom had countered with Crunch. â??Iron Tail!â? finished Satu, as Umbreon manage to escape Houndoomâ??s attack. Her tail glowed white, charged with energy. Umbreon charge toward Houndoom and landed a hit successfully. â??Come back, Umbreon.â? said Satu, as she held up Umbreon Pokeball for her to return. â??Vaporeon, use Water Gun!â? Vaporeon released a high powered spray from his mouth, hitting Houndoom. The water gun was powerful enough to finally, knock out Houndoom. â??Vaporeon, return.â? commanded Satu, holding up his Pokeball.

She quickly ran to a box labeled Potions and Recover items. Satu quickly took as many items as could fit in her bag. With her bag now full, she ran back to the stairs before Houndoom woke up. Halfway up the stairs, Satu let Umbreon out of her Pokeball. â??Two sets of eyes are better then one, right girl.â? she said to Umbreon, as reach down and gave her a pat. Umbreon happily accepted the pat before, both heading up the stairs.

[url="http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs19/i/2007/239/f/b/Pokemon_Trainer_OC_Contest_by_EvilApple513.jpg"]Satu and her pokemon[/url]

Pokemon team
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
*Umbreon
Leafeon
Glaceon

*=strongest

Personality: When a crisis erupts, Satu keeps a calm face, however behind the calm mask is a coward. If she finds the situation too dangerous for herself or her Pokemon, she will leave the area as soon as possible.

Please let me know if something needs to be change. I didn't add much to the current situation being Goldenrod was already detail described.

Edit: Story and background have been edited. Edited by Cat

Not bad so far, although I was hoping for the writing samples to be more than a paragraph or two. My own with Kiera is a fairly good example of the kind of thing I'm looking for (although you can certainly vary the length; use mine as a guideline, not a requirement). And Cat, you need to work on your grammar. Fix up the grammar, and then we'll see about the rest.

[quote name='GuyYouMetOnline' date='02 July 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1278126564' post='696407']
Not bad so far, although I was hoping for the writing samples to be more than a paragraph or two.
[/quote]
I updated mine to add more writing. If you want more, I can certainly make that happen.

Finally! I found free time to do stuff, I just typed this really quick, I'll go back and fix up the grammar and spelling and stuff later.

Name- Sabin Norewood
Age- 25

Gender- Male

Current location/situation-Mt. Coronet, Sinnoh. Sabin was actually doing a piece on the Champion of Sinnoh, Cynthia during the attack. They were having their meeting in the place she had grown up, Celestic Town, when the attack began. Celestic town being so small, only a small group of pokemon attacked from the nearby Mt. Coronet and Cynthia was more than a match for them. Cynthia decided that she would invade the mountain herself, so try to find some answers and Sabin followed her, his curiosity piqued.

Pokemon team- Phione , Steelix (Just Captured),and Egg (just received, unknow type).

Appearance- Sabin has long, mess, brown hair, most of which is pulled back into a ponytail that reaches the base of his neck. He has dark, almost black, brown eyes and keeps himself clean shaven. From spending long days surfing and swimming at the beach of his home town, Sunny Shore, he has developed a nice tan and a lean build. He usually walks around with a plan white tee shirt and cargo pants (he likes the numerous big pockets so he doesnâ??t have to carry a backpack).

Personality- Sabin is tricky to figure out. He is usually his curious, playful self, whoâ??d rather slack off all day than do real work. He is super friendly and open with everyone, or so they think, though most people who know him will say that he whines and complains a lot. He does have something of a mean streak though. He is very cut and dry about right and wrong, even if he doesnâ??t share his real opinions he judges people very harshly based on the things they do and say. He is cut throat in battle, and has no problem offering a few people for the greater goodâ?¦ unless he is one of the people that needs to be sacrificed, then he is all about saving himself no matter the cost. He lies to everyone about most things usually things like his past, personal stuff, and emotions he may or may not be feeling.

Bio- Sabin was born and raised in Sunny Shore, Sinnoh. His mother was â??blessedâ? with a feeble immune system. Even the most common of illnesses completely destroyed her body, taking her out of commission for weeks, sometimes months. His father, working very hard to support his sickly wife and son was hardly around. During his early childhood Sabinâ??s family realized that his body was just as weak as his motherâ??s. He still participated in normal boy stuff, he just made extra trips to the doctor, and fell ill a lot, not that bad, when managing any sickness he would get with modern medicine. But he grew up secretly hating his parents, his mother who gave him this horrible body, and his father, who was never home.
When he turned 16 he registered as a trainer and went on a journey to find and capture a Phione. He had heard a legend about it and the mysterious dew that it created, supposable able to cure any ailment. After years of research he decided that when he turned 16 he would go and capture one, so he could save himself from the horrible pain that he watched his mother go through. Too bad, Phione are harder to find that he thought. He spent four years failing to catch the elusive pokemon, all the while spending his families money the tools he needed to â??catchâ? one. Even after his father was all dried up from sending Sabin money and paying for his wifeâ??s constant medical bills, he still had faith that his son would return home with the pokemon that would answer his prays.
By this time Sabin had had a sort of run in with the law and was using his fatherâ??s money to help out his legal situation. After the money stopped coming, he realized that he needed to do something. He became a DJ for one of the radio stations that broadcast throughout Sinnoh. He kept his earnings to himself, ignoring the pleas for help his father gave him on a daily basis. Eventually he was, successful in his hunt, in the most miraculous way. The submarine he was using was attacked by a pokemon and wrecked on the ocean floor. With water pouring into the ship, he did something that he had never done before, he prayed, he promised to change, to love his parents and to help them, to stop making bad choices. He was answered. Manaphy, felt his heart and answered his prayer, and managed to get him back to the shore. Manaphy having felt his heart, decided that it would help him with his change (believing him to be serious about the change) and left him with a Phione egg.
Sabin regained conciseness on the beach a few hours later, discovered the egg, pieced together what he could remember about the accident, and thanked his lucky stars. Finally luck. He did change, for a little while. He hatched the egg and loved the pokemon with all his heart. Upon his return to his home ready to us the pokemon to help cure his mother, like it had him, he was attacked by his drunken father. His dad was furious with his son for using him only for his money, and mad that he never offered his resources to help when they were in need. An argument broke out and after his father told Sabin how much he hated him, Sabin left, and never went back. He relocated to Veilstone, the place where he worked, permanently. He slipped back into his old way of thinking. He decided that he canâ??t help how he felt, but he owned it to Manaphy to at least fake a smile. News of his motherâ??s death, at the age of 46 came, but he didnâ??t care, though he pretended too, and never heard from his father again.

Writing Snippet- These hyper aggressive pokemon where hurt bad. Cynthia was not the champion of the entire region for no reason, she was good, very good. The pokemon poured out of the mountain entrance and with only a few attacks her Garchomp dispatched them all. It was an amazing spectacle and as far as Sabin was concerned he had front row seats to a priceless demonstration of power, pure, raw power. They had been walking for a while now, but only recently had they encountered hostile pokemon. They were at the lowest point of the mountain standing on the edge of the lake. What a lake it was, though the fog made it hard to see the water was so clear and tranquil. It stretched out for what seemed like miles, possible under the entire mountain. Amazed Sabin paid little attention to the battle between Cynthia and group of Golbat that were trying to suck her Lucario of all its blood. In fact, Sabin had proved to be little use to Cynthia during their adventure into the mountain(his Phione had cured her Garchop of a nasty poison, but Sabin was sure Cynthia was carrying an item that could do that as well) to discover the cause of the attack on human settlements, yes settlements, Sabinâ??s handheld radio had picked up a station from Veilstone when there were still above ground. Apparently many of the cities and towns had fallen to this pokemon attack.
[i] Good thing Iâ??m with Cyntha. [/i] Sabin was one of the few trainers that were in Celestic Town at the time of the attack there was no way he would have been able to aid the others in any way. He had only one pokemon, his partner, Phione, and the pair didnâ??t often battle. In reality, they didnâ??t do much of anything together, aside from being good friends. Phione new the real Sabin, so it was easy for him to connect with it. Most people just got a false Sabin, a lie that he promised that he would keep up. A lie of kindness and normality, but this wasnâ??t time to reflect on himself. He had to watch, he had to take it all in. Cynthia was perfectly knocking out all the pokemon that stood in their way. Until the floor ripped. Of course there was an explanation for this but Sabin didnâ??t have time to think about what had caused the fissure in the ground, he was busy falling into the lake he was marveling at earlier. Cynthia hadnâ??t fallen over, she was too perfect after all.
As if waiting in ambush a group of Gyrados and a pair of Milotic erupted from the water, no doubt ready to devour Sabin.
[i] Sheâ??ll save me.[/i]And he was right. Cynthiaâ??s Garchop rushed into the group, knocking the ones closest to Sabin back into the lake. The lake didnâ??t look so spectacular anymore, what shame. Sabin hit the water, just after releasing his pale, Phione. The Milotic were now battling against Cynthiaâ??s Garchop, firing ice beam after ice beam. Not a bad choice of attack to fight against the land shark. But Garchop was too distracted evading the lethal beams to save Sabin from the Gyrados that was moving from up to swallow Sabin from deep under the lake.
â??Phione, please?â? Sabin didnâ??t actually need to say what he need, Phione was smart enough to figure it out, and the rose out of the lake. Phione had released a whirlpool that was now levitating them back to the ledge that they had just fallen from. Riding in a whirlpool was actually less fun than Sabin that though, true the alternative was getting eaten alive (the Gyrados had just narrowly missed them), but getting swirled around having your limbs flap about uncontrollable was quite sickening. But nowâ??s not the time to vomit. As they floating over the solid ground again, Phione released the attack and they fell to the floor, well Sabin fell, Phione used another neat attack, acid armor, to merge with the water just before it hit it. Ripples in the water and a rumbling from beneath the two told Sabin to move. Good thing he had, a Steelix erupted from the ground, his teeth had lightning bolts dancing around them.
[i] Thunder Fang[/i] Sabin noticed. [i] Of course Phione could defeat a Steelix(he hoped), but one that could use an electric attack makes this much harder. [/i] Phione emerged from the puddle of water at Sabinâ??s feet, glaring at the massive pokemon before them. The steely snake slammed the ground with itâ??s body, shockwaves went through the entire cavern. Pieces of the floor splintered and the walls cracked. Earthquake. Most likely what caused them to tumble into the lake the first time, this time the Steelix had no such luck.
Sabin glanced over at Cynthia. She had all of her pokemon released now, franticly shouting orders to all of them. These â??wildâ? pokemon actually had her worried, more pokemon came up from the lake and hundreds of Oynx burst from every surface, the walls the ceiling, everywhere. There were so numerous itâ??s a wonder they didnâ??t take up the whole space.
[i] In such a large room they look as small as maggots, squirming around each other, hoping to be the one to take down that semi-prefect powerhouse. Too bad I donâ??t just get to watch, I have my own maggot to take care of. [/i] Phione was using acid armor to its fullest extent, merging with puddles of water that were all around, coming up only to blast the Steelix with an aqua sphere from a different direction every time. Cleverly, it had surrounded the Steelix with shallow pools of water, not enough to actually hurt the monster, but enough so that this single Phione could attack it from any direction. If only the attacks were having an effect. This Steelix was clearly out of Phioneâ??s league. The only thing that had kept Sabin and his pokemon on even ground was the terrain. Pokemon that were weak to water should been in a place like this. The wall to the cavern was about 20 feet away and the edge of the lake was about 10. That gave this 900 pound monster, that stood 30 feet high only a small space to maneuver, and Phione had restricted that ever further by surrounding it with water.
Water pulse had a nice bonus of confusing pokemon struck by it, so the Steelix was flailing around, smashing its head into the wall, and trying to wrap itself up with its own tail. Eventually it toppled over, to concerned with squeezing the life out of itself to notice, right into the lake.
[i] Poor thing is going to drown.[/i] Sabin thought sarcastically. He glanced over at Cynthia again. Two of her six pokemon, her Togikiss and her own Milotic had fallen prey to the wild Milotic duo, who had renewed their attack on Garchop. Garchop was already pinned down fighting his own Steelix and its ontourage of Onyx.
[i] I guess we need an exit strategy. [/i] Sabin began to unbutton his pockets digging through the soggy contents until he found what he was looking for, a Premiere ball. He had won it while at a fair in Veilstone once, he hated fairs (even the memories of them), and had no intention of catching another pokemon, so it seemed odd that he had brought it along. He tossed it down into the water, right at the Steelix. The snake had sunk far in only a couple of seconds, its thrashing about was only making the problem worse. The ball hit the water but didnâ??t sink fast to catch up with the pokemon. Sabin needed it to be alive if it was going to tunnel them out of the mountain.
â??Phione, go catch the Steelix for me please.â? Sabinâ??s pokemon rushed to the edge of the lake and dove in very expertly. It grabbed the ball its its club shaped arms and swam at full speed towards the pokemon, which was on the verge of passing out. A few seconds later Phione whacked the Steelix on the head with the ball. A flash of light erupted from the ball, engulfed the pokemon, sucked it in, and closed. Phione brought it back to Sabin in the next few moments. Sabin stared at it in contempt for a half second and released it. He jumped on its head and recalled Phione. The Steelix was weak, but it should be able to sneak up on the mob of pokemon fighting Cynthia and surprise them, they were all focused on their target. The Steelix opened its eyes and began to roar, and bucked Sabin off. He managed to land on his feet [I] I guess everyone gets to look cool at least once [/i]. The pokemon began to charge Sabin but stopped. It was almost like magic, Sabin was giving him a cold, dark stare, and Steelix knew that his new master wasnâ??t beyond recalling him and releasing him in the deep lake again, just to teach him a lesson.
Steelix lowered his head, and Sabin boarded his new pet.
â??Go save Cynthia, â?? Sabin though that it would be bad if she died, heâ??d never get to finish his interview, and who knows maybe heâ??ll get a reward â??kill as many of the others as you can on the way. Once she is safe on your head, get us back to Celestic town. Above all elseâ? No one was around to hear this so he could be as honest as he wanted â??do not let any harm come to me, if we fall into danger, you are to take me to Celestic town, even if it means sacrificing yourself, understand?â? Steelix did. It charged forward, teeth dancing with electricity again. Before it reached the prefect Cynthia it managed to rip through two Gyrados, a swarm of Zubat and Golbad, and remove the head of a Milotic. Cynthia was quick to board the blood stained pokemon, recall her own, and they were off. Steelix was tunneling but spinning his head like a drill very fast (Sabin and Cynthia moved to the center of his body to hold on) and was using an iron tail attack behind him to collapse the tunnel, to prevent followers. They were back in the semi-safe town after 30 minutes of an uncomfortable trip through the earth.
Sabin recalled the newest addition to his â??teamâ?. He had planned on letting it drown in a lake somewhere on the way back to his home in Veilstone, but had decided to keep it. It followed his orders very well and seemed to be quick powerful, useful if he ever needs to fight off pokemon. Cynthia questioned about its apparent blood thirst while they were in the pokemon center healing their pokemon.
â??Yeahâ?¦ it did kill a lot of those angry pokemon, I didnâ??t tell it too. It must have still been under whatever influence made it attack us in the first placeâ? Sabin was good at lying, he did it every hour of everyday â??I guess when I asked it to save you, it just redirected its rage towards the othersâ? Sabin looked up at his prefect story (He thought about how much taller she was than him, it made him feel inadequate), his career maker. This story would make him even more famous, if there were even any humans left to listen to it.
â??I guess Iâ??m going to journey back homeâ? he said smiling as best he could â??hopefully nothing goes wrong.â? They were back at her motherâ??s house, they had just finished telling her the tale.
â??I want you to have this, as a thank you for saving meâ? Cynthia handed him an egg she took off of a soft looking pillow that sat under some sort of heated light. â??One of my friends had an egg, but I donâ??t have time to raise it, with all my league duties and now thisâ?¦ attack on humanity I am going to be busy trying to fix the problemâ?
â??But I donâ?? really want aâ?¦â? Sabin was cut off by the Champion, he had to show her at least a little respect for her title.
â??I couldnâ??t live with myself if something happened to this egg because I am out on a dangerous mission! Iâ??d like for you to keep itâ? She calmed down a little â??besides, you donâ??t strike me as the kind of person who would go on some dangerous adventure, please, just watch over it. Youâ??re so good with your Phioneâ?
[i] Because itâ??s parent and itself saved my life. [/i]
â??That it just feels right to give it to you.â? Cynthia wasnâ??t taking no for an answer.
â??Fine, fine, fineâ? Sabin grabbed the egg â??Iâ??m going to start heading backâ?¦ Iâ??ll be fineâ? Cynthia had given him a look â??I have Steelix and Phione to protect me.â? Sabin walked out of the house and onto the main road, where his car was parked. She didnâ??t want him going on an adventure, but to him that sounded like the best thing to do right now, how often does something like this happen, being part to of the solution might beâ?¦ fun. As Sabin drove the road back to Veilstone (the only car headed in that direction, though there were so few that he passed he didnâ??t notice) he thought to himself
[i] I didnâ??t even ask what pokemon is in that egg [/i] He looked in the rear view mirror at the egg sitting in the back seat next to his muddy clothes.
â??Guess weâ??ll have to find out when you hatch.â? Edited by Lawliet

I'm not sure if you wanted us to add to our previous situation or just come up with something new. This is what I have come up with. And as a warning...its pretty lengthy. Sorry.

[b]Im continuing what I had previously:[/b]

The city has been overrun and destroyed for the most part. The remaining survivors were rounded up by Claire and her grandfather in a shelter room underneath the Dragon Shrine. We had been surviving for awhile until things took a turn for the worst. Food supplies got very short and people were passing away every few weeks or so. After seeing enough, Claire took it upon herself to find more food and to get in contact with Lance to plan a way to meet up. She left with a message: "Those of you strong enough, help those who are struggling. I understand very few of you have Pokemon so those who do, take charge and take care." She left into the night....

That was weeks ago...now the 3 people who had Pokemon were desperately trying to stay strong but even they feared what faith might fall upon them. Hiro, Ryu, and Jun got together and decided it was time for action. He stepped forward and began speaking to the groups of people. "We cant wait here anymore for Claire. Now I'm sure she is coming back but for now we have to find some food to hold us over. Now,one of these trainers and I will go out and search the town for some food. We have to travel light and fast so only two of us are gonna go. We will try to be back as soon as we can with as much supplies as we can. You guys will be in great hands with Jun here. She is a very good trainer. And for some extra protection I'm leaving my Scizor and Hitmontop. (grabs his pack) Alright,we're leaving now. (turns to Ryu) You ready?"

*They both head out of the underground location.*

(Hiro look around to ensure safety.) "Ryu, we're gonna have be very careful on this trip. We can't afford to make any mistakes because we have people counting on us. Here is the plan, We first check the Pokemart and Pokemon Center for food and supplies. We get all we can from there and then we check some of the homes to see if there are any survivors. Got it." (Ryu nods in agreement) Both trainers set out and come to the small lake separating the city from the cave. Hiro and Ryu release their Floatzel and Empoleon and begin surfing across the lake, making sure not to make too much noise. They arrive in town and immediately seek coverage behind a building. Ryu searches around the side of the building and finds the unpleasant sight of a group of Ursaring and Granbulls roaming the town. "Oh crap." Ryu exclaimed as he pointed around the corner. Hiro peeked around the corner to see and a dejected look came across his face. "What in the world do we do now?" Hiro whispered to Ryu. Ryu began thinking to himself. Hiro then jumped on him to cover themselves behind some trashcans. "Hey what di-..." Ryu started to say. "Shhhhhhh" Hiro signaled. Floatzel and Empoleon also dived behind the trashcans with their trainers. A Granbull was wandering around, looking for people most likely. Hiro and Ryu waited quietly as the pokemon walk on looking elsewhere. As they waited for the pokemon to completely go away R came up with an idea. "I've got it. I will cause a distraction and draw all the pokemon I can towards my direction. Then while Im doing that you sneak into the Pokemon Center and gather all that you can." Hiro had a shocked look on his face "What are you crazy...they will tear you apart if they catch you." Ryu began to snicker."Dont worry...I won't stand out in the open, I will make noise that will draw them away from the town and hide when they get near me. And once you get through gathering all you can, signal me and I will make my way back towards you. I know it sounds dangerous but dont worry I can take care of myself." Ryu handed his empty pack to Hiro. Hiro sighed and nodded in agreement. "I will signal you with Flygon's Sunny Day....speaking of which Go Flygon. Lets do this."

Ryu sent out his Manectric and Houndoom, and along with his Empoleon began running towards Route 45. "Empoleon, use Flash Cannon. Houndoom, use Flamethrower. Manectric, use Thunderbolt. The attacks caused a huge noise to ring over the town. All the Ursaring and Granbulls noticed the noise and immediately began racing towards it. Ryu got to the woods on Route 45 and hid in some bushes. Hiro saw his oppurtunity and ran towards the Pokemon Center with his Flygon and Floatzel. He peeked inside the window to check for safety and snuck inside. He ran into the storage room and began packing as much supplies as he could. He then ran to the kitchen and began packing food. "I think this all I can get for now." Hiro then noticed an emergency radio in kitchen. "I bet we can use this to get in touch with someone out there to come and help us." He grabbed the radio and packed it as well. He handed a pack to Floatzel to wear and began to make his way towards the exit. But on his way back he encountered a big surprise in the lobby of the Pokemon Center. It was a RHYDON!!! The Rhydon noticed Hiro and attacked him. "Flygon, hit it with Supersonic.... I have to do this as quick and as quiet as possible so that I dont attract those other pokemon back here. The SUpersonic attack confused the Rhydon and stpped its charge. "Now finish it with Faint Attack." Flygon quickly struck the Rhydon and knocked it out. "I hope we didn't make too much noise" Hiro said as he headed back towards the Dragon Shrine. After delivering the food and supplies to the Dragon Shrine, Hiro ran back outside to signal Ryu. He gave the signal of Flygon's Sunny Day and hopefully waited for Ryu's return.

*Away in the forest*

Ryu looks up to see the sky getting brighter. "Thats the signal. I better stop fooling around with these guys and get back to the Dragon Shrine. Return Houndoom, Empoleon, Manectric. Go Gallade....I need to get back quickly so I better teleport. Just as he was about to teleport back to the shrine, he was discovered by an Ursaring. It growled very loudly which attracted the other pokemon towards it position. Ryu did what anyone would do in this situation....HE RAN. He and his Gallade took off towards the town being chased by a rabid pack of pokemon. Ryu didn't move fast enough and got surrounded. The Ursaring wasted no time in attacking Ryu's Gallade. He tried to fight back but was overwhelmed too easily. Ryu sent out his Houndoom and used its Flamethrower to clear a path. He began running again but not before suffering a deep cut from a Ursaring claw. Ryu got away for a moment but the blood trail he left was easily discovered. He began running again but didn't notice he was coming upon a dead end. He ran past the Pokemon center and was in front of the gym. The pokemon caught up to him and began attacking again. "Flygon, Hyper Beam....Electivire, Zap Cannon" a voice came from behind Ryu. It was Hiro. Hiro looked at Ryu. "You were taking too long so I thought something was wrong. Go on back to the shrine, Im right behind you." The pokemon had been halted for a moment but began to attack again. " I need to get away from these guys.....Flygon use.....SANDTOMB!!!!!" Flygon summoned up a huge storm of dust and engulfed the pokemon with it. "That should distract them long enough for us to get away." Both Hiro and Ryu made it back to the shrine.

*back in the Dragon Shrine*

"Hey someone get Ryu some medical attention, this cut looks really bad. Jun, did you get anyone on the radio while I was gone." Hiro said as he rushed back into the secret room of the Dragons Shrine. "No, I couldn't hear anyone on this thing." Jun answered. Hiro sighed heavily and began to think to himself. He went off to himself ,taking a small candy bar to eat, and he began working with the radio. He tried all the channels for all the cities he knew but he got the same answer every time: nothing. He then thought of the code for his hometown of Sunnyshore and tried that...but again, he got nothing. He looked up at his pokemon and nodded towards them. He got up and turned to the people in the room. "Hey everybody...look...we can't keep living like this. The pokemon in the town are getting more clever everyday and its getting harder to gather food. So the only thing I can think of ne thing to do. Im going to Goldenrod to see if there are some forms of communications there. We need someone to get us all outta of here. I hate to admit this but Im not strong to get all of you outta here safe and sound. I dont want any of you to get hurt on my account so Im going alone so that I may travel faster." Jun got up and shouted "You dont have to go alone. We can help you get to Goldenrod together." Hiro answered her "We cant all go. Someone has to stay here and protect these people. The pokemon out there might find this place one day and if there no one here to protect these people then they are doomed. Im going alone. As soon as I get there, I will try to find Claire and send her back here. She will lift the spirits of these people up and can protect them as well. She may also have found a place to take them. Alright Im going." Hiro picked up his pack and filled it with a couple of Revives, Potions, Full Heals, and one X-Speed. He hugged Jun and shooked Ryu's hand as he head towards the exit. He looked back to the people. "I promise I will get some help for all of you. Wish me luck." He smiled at them but then turned away from them to reveal his face filled with doubt. With a quick wave, Hiro was gone, heading to Goldenrod with the hopes of all those left in Blackthorn. Who knows what may become of him.

Name: Archer

current location/situation: Goldenrod City

[i]S**t![/i] The explosion ripped a hole in the side of the building a meter wide. The debris nearly did Archer in, but he managed to only get hit in the arms as he covered his face. He dove behind a pile of rubble and looked for Ray. The Raichu fell over dead as a door knob, a hole to match the one in the wall through its belly. He was now down to just four of his original six.

Archer cried out as he simultaneously tossed a pokeball into the air and jumped out of the way of another fireball. An Alakazam flew out and met eyes with the Rapidash.

"Pysbeam!" Before Chazz could do anything the Rapidash was moving in Archer's direction, zigzagging in an attempt to dodge the attack.

"Aw hell." Archer threw himself through an already broken window as a large stream of fire flew. The Pysbeam hit the Rapidash square knocking it to the ground. Chazz's feet hit the ground and he closed his eyes. A soft melody filled the air as he invoked his hypnosis power. The Rapidash slowly fell asleep. Archer threw out another of his pokemon, a Zangoose with a nasty scar across his chest.

"Max, kill 'im" The Zangoose started to tear into the Rapidash until Archer finally called it to stop. He returned Max back to the pokeball as he looked at what was left of the Rapidash. He smiled. [i]You ain't the only ones that can be brutal[/i]. Chazz looked at him with sadness in his eyes.

[i]We have lost both Babs and Ray, Master[/i]. Archer nodded, he didn't say anything else, but Chazz was a mind reader, so he figured all the extra stuff got across. Chazz's telepathy had been weird at first. It was just a tad bizarre to hear voices in your head. He was used to it by now. Archer tapped his temple.

"Keep your mind open my friend." [i]Yes Master[/i]. The walk about through the city was hairy. Bodies lay everywhere, both of pokemon and of people, its amazing how fast you get used to seeing death when its on such a grand scale. When the attacks had first started Archer had been one of the few with any response time whatsoever, everyone else had been too stunned to do much else.

[i]Master, humans approach. Nine of them[/i]. Archer hid behind a stand of what used to be hot dogs, the smell still lingered, but Archer kept his eyes on the entryway to a clothing store. Chazz stood against a concrete barrier with his back to the approaching humans, his eyes were closed as he concentrated. The group of humans looked ragged, wore thin and several of them were injured, amazing the lack of pity that a single person can have, even for survivors of the same attack. When things get tough, the tough get brutal.

[i]Master, they're supplies are limited. However, several of them are trainers, one of which may be of use to us[/i]. Archer smiled, he careful pulled out his pokeball and tossed it on the ground, Raps hopped towards him and looked up at him.

"See if you can get us a good view Raps." I threw out its large wings and flew into the air, not without attacting some unwanted attention on the other hand.
[i]
Master, they heard that. They only think it is the attackers[/i].

"Good, keep em thinkin'"

pokemon team:

Alakazam: Chazz

Raichu: Ray (deceased)

Gyarados

Zangoose: Max

Fearow: Raps

Blaziken: Babs (deceased)

personality: Archer's a survivor, he looks after himself and his team first and above all else, but he's not above working with others if it suits his purposes. He deals with every situation as if it were a battle, winners and losers, he'll do anything that he needs to to win. This makes it sometimes hard for other people to relate to him

Pack: food and water, flashlight, pocket knife, small gas powered cook stove, eating and cooking utensils, machete and a single potion Edited by The_letter_L

Okay, looking good, everyone. I'd say everyone's in so far (although Lilt, please remove the teleportation part; see the Backstage thread for more information). The RP will probably be going up sometime in the next couple days, but sign-ups will remain open for the time being. Edited by GuyYouMetOnline

[size="1"][b]OOC:[/b] Had issues with this since I had it close to completion yesterday and was about to save it onto a document when my browser committed suicide, losing all my work T__T
[url=http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1746/50nup4nt.jpg]Appearance Here[/url] â?? Typically seen wearing jeans, sneakers, and a button-up shirt.
She is currently aged 26 but will be turning 27 in two weeks.[/size]

[color="#800080"][b]â??All right listeners, this is Eva on the Air with PokéTalk 92.9, coming to you live with your one stop hit for your music and news needs!â?[/b]

Evangeline â??Evaâ?? Drake settled back into her seat as she adjusted the radio microphone to the correct height. It was good to be back in her rightful place as radio show host after taking a long service leave to travel to the Kanto region.

Her deft fingers shuffled the papers that sat on the desk in front of her. In neat, precise typing were the various headlines for the day that had just come in, each summarised in a quick line or two. Her eyes widened as she glanced down at the very first headline that sat on the top sheet and she quickly scanned it again to make sure she had read it correctly.

[b]â??Attention listeners, this news just in, Vermillion City in the Kanto Region has been hit by a Pokémon strike! Repeat, Vermillion City in Kanto has fallen to a Pokémon uprising! And it seems th-â??[/b] she gasped as an explosion rocked the Radio Tower.

She turned her face upward as all the lights flickered thrice before dying out completely, plunging the tower into darkness. Eva got to her feet and ran to the large glass windows that looked out over the city of Goldenrod. From her lofty position she could see waves of Pokémon moving through the streets, leaving destruction and chaos in their wake. She pressed a hand against the cool glass as she leaned to look further down; what she saw caused her to push away quickly and run for the doorway. A group of the Pokémon had separated from the mass and were headed in a beeline straight for the Radio Tower.

Evangeline threw open the soundproof door and was immediately assaulted by the sounds of screaming and general panic. The control room, which was usually brightly lit by computer monitors and desk lamps, was completely dark. She pulled a pokéball from her pocket and released her Ampharos; his glowing tail immediately lit up the room to reveal several of the employees cowering under their desks and in the corners of the room.

[b]â??Hey! What are you all still doing here?! The Pokémon are attacking, and I suspect it wonâ??t be long before this Tower falls. Get out of hereâ?¦NOW!â?[/b] she shouted.

She didnâ??t know whether it was her voice, or the next explosion that shocked the group into action. The building rocked and dust started to fall from the ceiling as they scrambled to their feet and ran for the stairs.

After a moment of thought, Eva chose two more pokéballs and released her chosen Pokémon.

[b]â??Glaceon, Mightyena, search the rest of the building, make sure that there arenâ??t any more people in here. If there are, make sure you corral them to the exit.â?[/b] the two Pokémon nodded in indication that they understood the order before taking off for the stairs.

[b]â??Câ??mon Ampharos, weâ??d better head toward the ground floor ourselves.â?[/b] she mused.

She was currently situated on the highest level of the tower, and below her were five more storeys. Eva cast a last look around the room before dashing for the staircase. As she descended the stairs, it was clear that the structure of the building had become very compromised, as larger amounts of plaster started to rain from the ceiling. She was running down the stairs as fast as she could, while avoiding the chunks of rubble that threatened to cause her pain.

It occurred two levels down. Eva was taking two stairs at a time and being slightly careless, there was rubble scattered across several of the steps. As her foot came into contact with the material, she lost friction, and her momentum sent her sprawling head over heels. She tried to use her arms to protect her head and curl into more of a ball to minimise damage, but she could do nothing to stop herself until she collided into the wall at the next landing.

Eva straightened and clamoured to her feet with a groan, stretching her back. Ampharos rushed down the stairs to meet her, making sounds of concern and pressing his paws against her arm.

[b]â??Iâ??m fine, Ampharos. Just a little soreâ?¦â?[/b] she felt something wet on her cheek and lifted a hand to see what it was. She hissed when her fingers came in contact with a cut across her left cheek. She lifted her shoulder and wiped her cheek against it, smearing blood across her shirt. When she noticed that Ampharos was still staring, she reaffirmed that she wasnâ??t badly injured, which seemed to finally placate him.

She decided to walk with one hand braced against the wall since she was a little shaken up from her tumble. As she made the turn to the next set of stairs, Glaceon and Mightyena were coming up to meet her. They immediately noticed the state that she was in and started to jump around her feet and yip in worry.

[b]â??Enough! Iâ??m fine, okay? Are you sure that thereâ??s no one left in the building?â?[/b] When they nodded their assurance she was satisfied. [b]â??Okay then, now weâ??d better get out of here ourselves.â?[/b]

The group of four continued their journey for the exit. Glaceon and Mightyena were in front, followed by Eva and Ampharos. There was a large explosion which sent them into the wall, as the tremors and swaying of the building became increasingly more violent. They were about to make it to the landing of the third level when there was a blast that surrounded the building and the roof chose that moment to cave in, blocking off the rest of the pathway down, and from the sounds of it, the whole route down to the exit was blocked off too. The party was just able to jump out of the way of the falling debris, but inhaled a load of the dust that came with it, causing them all to sneeze and cough.

[b]â??Damn it. First day back at work, worst day [i]ever[/i]. Donphan, Roll Out! Make a hole to the outside!â?[/b] she yelled as she released the fourth member of her Pokémon team.

Donphan came forth with a loud trumpet, before spinning and break out to the left, crashing straight through the walls without problem. Evangeline stepped into the wake of Donphanâ??s attack and stared along the path he had created, seeing the fires burning outside the walls of the building. They all ran for the exit hole and glanced down. The ground was a fair way away, and that made them all shirk from the edge just a little. Donphan had crashed straight through and waited for them on the ground, sitting in a crater that had been made when he landed.

Her fifth Pokémon burst forth when issued. [b]â??Blaziken, grab the others and jump them to safety.â?[/b]

The flame Pokémon scooped up the other three and moved to the hole. They all glanced back at Eva, who made shooing motions with her hands. Blaziken nodded and crouched, before using his powerful legs to propel them from the building and land them safely on the ground below.

Evangeline looked around and could see that some of the attacking Pokémon were starting to head in their direction after hearing the commotion that Donphan caused breaking out. The pressure was on, and she had to hurry. Finally she reached into the front of her shirt and pulled out her necklace. On the end of it was a pokéball which she plucked off, she smiled as she looked at the small ball, thinking of the creature hidden within. It was her newest acquisition, and she was very proud of it.

[i]One week ago, while she was still in Kanto, Eva was walking around Viridian City, and decided to move on. She entered the forest nearby and breathed in the cool, fresh air, taking in all of the excessive greenery. There was a constant rustle of grass and leaves as the native Pokémon moved about in their day to day activities. Bird Pokémon squawked from their perches as they peered down at her as she walked below.

Eva loved the forest, it was so peaceful and untouched by humans. She started to hum quickly to herself as she walked, looking around for any Pokémon she would want to add to her collection. All of a sudden there was a loud cry of a Pokémon in distress, her head shot up in recognition and looked around in all directions to see if it was close by. She ran in the direction of where she thought it came from. There was another cry and the sound of cruel human laughter, which made Eva want to find them even faster.

Finally she ran into the clearing, there were a group of teenagers standing around a huddled form, their Pokémon stood beside them and they were torturing the creature for the fun of it. It was obvious that they had no intentions of capturing it, and Eva suspected that it had already been injured prior to the group finding it.

[b]â??Hey! Get away from it!â?[/b] she yelled as she released her Blaziken, Donphan and Glaceon.

Her three Pokémon immediately leapt into action, taking on the Pokémon of the attackers swiftly and efficiently. One of the older boys stepped forward, most likely the leader of the merry band of bandits.

[b]â??What do you want? This is none of your business.â?[/b] he sneered, recalling his fainted Pokémon.

[b]â??It is my business when I see a group of kids picking on an innocent Pokémon. I suggest you get out of here before I call the authorities for crimes against Pokémon.â?[/b]

The boy scoffed, [b]â??Fine, letâ??s go. Itâ??s pretty much toast anyway.â?[/b] The group of them all laughed as they sauntered off.

Eva growled, fists clenching in anger, but there was nothing she could do about them. When she could no longer see them, she ran forward to tend to the injured Pokémon. She gasped and stepped back when she realised exactly what it was.

[b]â??â?¦Latiâ?¦asâ?¦?â?[/b] she breathed in disbelief. How could those teenagers be so cruel to such a beautiful Pokémon?

The red and white Pokémon opened its eyes to look at her wearily before closing them again. That begged the question, where was Latios? The pair of Pokémon were typically seen together, not apart. Eva approached carefully, drawing a potion out of her pack.

[b]â??Itâ??s ok, Iâ??m here to help you.â?[/b] she placated softly, trying to calm her down.

Latias squirmed uncomfortably and looked like she wanted nothing more than to fly away and leave the Viridian Forest behind. Eva crept up and laid a gentle hand on her, stroking her back. The creature twitched away and turned her head to look at her angrily, as if blaming her for the injuries she had sustained.

[b]â??Ok, ok, I just want to spray this so that youâ??ll feel better, then Iâ??ll leave if you want, okay?â?[/b] she bargained.

Latias seemed to finally accept the proposition and laid her head down again. Eva nodded and prepped the potion spray, stepping back and misting the chemical across the whole Pokémon, making sure to cover every area. She started to smile as she saw it taking effect, the scratches and bruising started to fade away, but since it wasnâ??t a very strong potion, it didnâ??t heal her completely.

[b]â??There, Iâ??m done. Bye Latias, hope you get better soon.â?[/b] she smiled, giving the Pokémon a wave and turning to walk away with her own Pokémon.

The wounded creature watched her retreat for a moment before calling out to Eva, who turned around to survey Latias once again. Her eyes said everything, and Eva moved in on the Pokémon again.

[b]â??Do you want me to take you to a Pokémon Centre?â?[/b] she queried. Latias nodded.

Eva recalled Glaceon and Donphan, but asked Blaziken to help hoist Latias up and into their arms. Side by side they carried the injured creature to the closest Pokémon Centre, which was in Pewter City. Right before they reached the entrance, Latias fainted, which worried Eva tremendously because there was a possibility that she could die from trauma. Nurse Joy whisked her away on a stretcher, and all Eva could do was wait.

Two hours later, Nurse Joy emerged with a fully recovered Latias. Evangeline was relieved and walked out with Latias flying behind her.

Eva turned around with a grin. [b]â??Iâ??m glad youâ??re ok. Take care of yourself.â?[/b]

Latias shook her head and nudged against Evaâ??s shoulder, eyes pleading.

[b]â??You want to come with me?â?[/b] a nod, [b]â??Really?! Well, Iâ??d be honouredâ?¦â?[/b]

She rustled in her pocket for an empty pokéball and held it in her open palm as an offering. Latias called out cheerfully and pressed the button on the front of the ball, and was sealed away immediately. Eva was glowing from the force of her smile as she cradled her newest friend. They would definitely get along well in the future.[/i]

[b]â??Latias go!â?[/b] she called, hurling the ball out of the hole. The dragon creature crowed and flew close so that Eva could climb on; together they flew down to the ground to reunite with the other five.

Eva recalled Latias for safety, since she was her newest Pokémon, no one knew that she had her yet, and she wasnâ??t quite sure she was ready for the publicity just yet.

[b]â??Ok guys, letâ??s move.â?[/b] she whispered as they snuck around the Tower and escaped from the advancing group who were adamant to take down the Radio Tower.[/color]