Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Japan

Members
  • Posts

    1679
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

Everything posted by Japan

  1. [COLOR=Navy][U]Gundam MS 08th Team[/U] My most favorite series. I t is short, sweet, and good all around. The love story in it was captivating. The music was really awesome and well done, and there was plenty of action. The Gundams weren't treated like gods as they were in a sense in Gundam Wing. This series had such a good plot and storyline. It didn't drag on forever and ever like the others did. I enjoyed each and every episode. All tweleve of them were breath taking. [U]X Gundam[/U] I only saw about fifteen episodes of this, but I like what I have seen so far. It hasa love story brewing, and the main character is so funny. It has a different type of gundam compared to the usual gundam series like Gundam Wing, yet, the Gundams aren't as far fetched as some of them were in G Gundam. There were lots of intense action and a lot of comedy. [U]Gundam Wing[/U] This was the first gundam series I've ever watched. I've seen the series through about 4 times, and the Endless Waltz about three times. Though the series was great, I enjoyed the movie more. Mainly because there were more action than in the series, and you don't see the usual pattern of: Relena: "Go ahead and kill me" Yet, Relena always follows Heero around. What is she, obsessed? Though, there is one more favorite of mine. Yet the title of it escapes me. All I remember from it is that there is this young boy who has a mother and no father. There is this one Gundam pilot that becomes like a father to him. It is one of the old school Gundam series. So if you can think of the name, it is greatly appreciated. [/COLOR]
  2. [COLOR=Navy]I don't know anything about Code Lyoko as I've never seen it before. So I can't help you there. As for your other questions, I'm sure that you can find the beginning theme song of InuYasha easily. You just have to do a search in Google. For channels that showcase anime, The International Channel, and the Action Channel(if you have digital cable). They play a lot of cool anime that you don't normally see on Cartoon Network or Adult Swim. Also, if you don't have a crappy internet connection, you may download anime as well. You can even go out to the store and buy some if all else fails. I suggest that you rent anime before you buy so you know what you're buying and to see if you like it. I hope that this helps you.[/COLOR]
  3. [COLOR=Navy]I guess that not much have changed since I lived there in 1998. It is sad really. Back then, Sailor Moon was popular in Germany. I don't know it is still. I feel sorry for all of you guys in the UK. There is always the internet you know.[/COLOR]
  4. [QUOTE=PainfulLife]How could you say that! I've known him as a friend for a long time now! I find all of your advice pretty helpful but some is just plain mean... I really wish love wasn't so complicated... A school girl crush, infatuation, or whatevre you want to call it I really don't care as long as he knows that I at least have those feelings for him... I find it unfair to just forget or not do anything because what if it is meant to be? Maybe not right now but later when we are older! *_* I really don't know what to do with some of you people... :angry2: :twitch: :nono: :nope:[/QUOTE] [COLOR=Navy]It is called being 18 and having experience. Every time I thought that I liked a guy, or had a crush on a guy...whom I've known and are my friends...I told them.... I either lost my friendship with them, or they teased me. I'm just saving you some trouble. You can't say love because...look at it this way. Do you truly believe and feel that you'll be with the guy the rest of your life, and that he'll feel the same about you. Also, there is a major chance that he'd just see you as a friend and nothing else even if you don't scare him off. Seeing you as more than a friend would have the guy feel weird. [B]Don't go looking for love, have it find you![/B] Don't do anything about it. Just continue to be the best friend you ever can be to the guy. If it turns out to blossom to something more, then it will come. If not, just be a good friend. If you tell him how you feel now, then there is a major chance that you'll scare him off and ruin any chance of being with this guy...or continue being his friend. That, depends on how mature he is. I'm just saying that for your own good. Whether you take my advice or not is up to you. [/COLOR]
  5. [COLOR=Navy]Keep your feelings to yourself. You don't love him and you'll end up forgetting about him in a couple of weeks anyhow.[/COLOR]
  6. [COLOR=Navy]It's kind of hard to decide which specific anime character is my favorite. There are so many. Though, these have to be my most favorite anime characters as of now: InuYasha from [URL=http://www.regnodelleanime.com/Videosigle/sigla_inuyasha.jpg]InuYasha[/URL], [URL=http://www.excelsis.com/1.0/pics/yuki.jpg]Yuki[/URL] from Gravitation, [URL=http://www.absoluteanime.com/trigun/vash01.jpg]Vash[/URL] from Trigun, and [URL=http://strangeplaces.net/fandoms/rk/Kenshin.jpg]Himura Kenshin[/URL] from Ruriouni Kenshin. All of them have an aura of mystery surrounding them. You learn something new each day as you continue to watch the series or read the manga. They are all funny as well...except maybe Yuki. I enjoy all of these shows very much. They are fun to watch.[/COLOR]
  7. [COLOR=Navy]Each book that you specifically listed except for Harry Potter all teach you a lesson. I mean...Fahrenheight 451 teaches you to think about stuff more closely, and question whether or not certain rules are good. I don't really know why anyone would want to ban Huck Finn. It was just written at that time period. Classics should not be banned, nor should Harry Potter. Harry Potter is just a story, and if you are not old even to realize that, you shouldn't read it. If you don't like the books either, there's no stopping you to just not read the book, and leave well enough alone. As for the health books, I can certainly understand why they should be banned. They are pretty erotic for young people, especially for pre teens and teen agers.[/COLOR]
  8. [COLOR=Navy]How could I act like a whole country? Is that humanly possible?[/COLOR]
  9. [COLOR=Navy]What you could do is have a Cos play Halloween party where everyone dressed up as their favorite anime or video game character. You could hold a contest for the best costume too. Another thing you could do is hold an anime drawing contest as well. As for the anime, just bring random anime in that you know is good and that your school approves of, and show it to the people there. Have it be an anime that they never really heard much about...like Evangelion, X/1999, and many others. You could also go and play video games there. heh[/COLOR]
  10. Japan

    Red Vs. Blue

    Oh man, I love Red vs Blue. My favorite episode is when, [spoiler]One of the sides get a tank for the first time. It is so funny. [/spoiler]
  11. [quote name='Charles']My birthday is the 23rd, as well, by the way. My golden birthday.[/quote] [COLOR=Navy]Yay! Anywho, my brother is coming home for Thanksgiving, and Youth Group started up again. Other than that, I am not happy.[/COLOR]
  12. [COLOR=Navy]I drew InuYasha and Cloud from Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children obsessively three weeks ago or so and I finally scanned them in. What do you think? Comments please.[/COLOR] [IMG]http://img29.exs.cx/img29/7578/InuYasha_squat.jpg[/IMG] [URL=http://img22.exs.cx/img22/9238/InuYasha_kagome.jpg]http://img22.exs.cx/img22/9238/InuYasha_kagome.jpg[/URL] [URL=http://img26.exs.cx/img26/4613/Instant_ramen.jpg]http://img26.exs.cx/img26/4613/Instant_ramen.jpg[/URL] [URL=http://img22.exs.cx/img22/7931/Advent_Children-Cloud.jpg]http://img22.exs.cx/img22/7931/Advent_Children-Cloud.jpg[/URL]
  13. [COLOR=Navy]My school has a dress code where girls can't have bra straps showing, spaghetti straps, midrifts or cleavage showing, can't have underwear showing, you can't wear flip flops, and you can't wear short/mini skirts either. The people at my school dress that way anyhow...heck...a teacher wears flip flops to school every day.[/COLOR]
  14. [COLOR=Navy]I read all of this thread thoroughly and carefully and I think that it is my turn to say something. I am voting for Bush. As simple as that. For one, I don't want a president like Kerry that is always changing his mind. Having a president like that can only bring trouble. You never know. He may say one thing, but go behind your back and do another. Also, from what I last heard, Kerry wants to cut down the funding for the military. He wants to make the military smaller. Do you really think that's a good idea? My father is in the military, and I can already see the numbers of the military lowering in size. The Air Force is not taking in any more eligible people. Lowering the funding and the military itself is not a good idea. When you lower the military's size, it makes the country more prone to attack. It also gets people without jobs. I am for the ban on abortion. Abortion means murder really. If you have sex and get a baby, then you should deal with that baby of yours, and not hurt it in any way. My father is also a nurse, and from reading his magzines about birth control and such. Those pills can be dangerous. I think that having the birth control pills as prescriptions only is a good idea. Those birth control pills are not to be taken into consideration lightly. About the current war in Iraq. It is a good thing, in my opinion, that we went to war against the terrorists. We had to go against them sometime in future right? I am glad that we got right to work to look for Bin Laden and Saddam after 9/11. You don't expect America to allow to get walked all over by terrorists do you? I respect Bush's choice for the war in Iraq. I don't like war either. I am also very sad for those that died. Though, I try to remember what this one teacher from school said. He is in the National Guard by the way. This is what he said. I believe in it 100%. [QUOTE]War is bad. Seeing your best friend get blown up in front of you is bad. But.... if we left now, there would be a whole lot more bloodshed.[/QUOTE] He is still in Iraq now. I want to vote for Bush because I like how he is running things for the most part. I don't believe that Kerry will do as good a job as Bush next term...if any.[/COLOR]
  15. [COLOR=Navy][u]No Doubt-Tragic Kindom[/u] This album helped me a bit through tough times during my Freshman year of high school. Specifically, the song, "Don't Speak" helped me realize things the most, and helped me identify the problem that was going on during that time. My best friend were having some arguments and I was really depressed that year. The lyrics described my friend and I perfectly. All in all, it also reminded me of the good times, and the bad times. [u]Rammstein-Mutter[/u] This German album helped me calm down a bit when I was angry or depressed. When I was angry, I mostly listened to the song, "Sonne." When I was depressed, I listened to the song "Mein Hast Brient." The album is very great and it helps me to calm down. [u]Linkin Park-Live in Texas[/u] This is ultimately the best album for me....ever! It changed me in so many ways. It helped me to become a stronger person, and helped me to have more self esteem. (something I lack a lot of) It helped me to forget about my troubles, and it helped me feel better about myself. It also gets rid of all of that unwanted stress from the day.[/COLOR]
  16. [COLOR=Navy]Homcoming is a waste of time. This year will be my senior year. School starts in two days, and the whole date thing is messed up. I mean, you can't even dance to rap. Hard rock like Nine Inch Nails and Marylin Manson, and also various dance and techno music are the best music to dance to...not Ludicris or Nelly. Sheesh! I think that it's a waste of money. You have to pay a lot in order to get a nice dress, and if you are male, you have to buy the dinner, tickets, and other things as well. I may just go to my friend's house that night and play video games. My school's Homecoming is at the end of October as well. There are no parades and junk because of living in a big city, but we do this one thing where we decorate the halls with the Homecoming theme in mind. (The themes are always so stupid, nothing cool...just something about football football football. No creativity whatsoever.) Anyways, only the jocks, cheerleaders, and popular kids are allowed to decorate the halls. You can see why I think everything about Homecoming is stupid.[/COLOR]
  17. [quote name='Deimos']Hey japan I think you are mistaken I think its in the third movie they kiss not the second.But thats just what I head on every website I see that has information about the 3rd movie.The 3rd movie is all I am intrested in lol.Also I have a question japan are you japanese and bought it in japan or are you english and bought it somewhere with subtitles.Also if your japanese and you are going to say couldn't you tell by the name I am going to say no I couldn't.[/quote] [COLOR=Navy]lol...That last sentence there confused me at first. Nope, I am not Japanese. I just have a vast knowledge of Japan and it's culture. That includes the language and anime. I've been studying Japanese for about 4 years...whether it be on my own time, or actually taking a class.[/COLOR] [QUOTE]The two-part TV anime series finale: "The Bond of Two - Using the Shikon Shard!" will air in Japan on September 13. So this is it, everyone... let's get ready! [/QUOTE] [COLOR=Navy]Anyways, I according to Ear-tweak.com, the InuYasha anime series are coming to a close. There are about 167 episodes in total, and they are going to end it. The last episode, 166 and 167 are going to be the finalle. They are both going to be the last episode. T_T There is no say that the manga is going to end. The manga is way ahead of the anime anyways.[/COLOR] [QUOTE]INUYASHA MOVIE 4 NEWS AND INFORMATION! April 16, 2004 - The fourth Inuaysha movie has been announced, and will be released in Japan this coming December. The fourth movie has been titled "Inuyasha: Guren no Houraijima" INUYASHA MOVIES: US DVD RELEASES JUNE 11, 2004 - The first two Inuyasha movies have been given release dates by vendors. As always, dates may be subject to change, but for now, they are as follows: Inuaysha Movie 1 ("Affections Touching Across Time"): September 7, 2004 Inuyasha Movie 2 (no English title given yet): December 28, 2004 JULY 9 - Adult Swim has announced that it WILL NOT be airing Inuyasha: Affections Across Time on October 23. This is because there is certain amount of time that a movie must be out on DVD before it is aired on television. The earliest indication of when the movie will be aired is sometime in spring of 2005. Source: ICv2 News, Ear-Tweak [/QUOTE] [COLOR=Navy]I know that the second movie has an English title...which is Castle Beyond The Looking Glass. I don't know when the third InuYasha movie will be available for sale in the US. I got the second and the third movie by BitTorrent. I will buy the movies once they come out for sale, so don't worry. Here are third and fourth movies titles. [QUOTE]INUYASHA MOVIE INFORMATION MOVIE 3 Inuyasha: Tenka Hadou no Ken English Title: Swords of an Honorable Ruler MOVIE 4 Inuyasha: Guren no Horaijima English Title: Fire on the Mystic Island [/QUOTE] [spoiler]The second movie is where they kiss.[/spoiler] I know because I've seen the second movie seven or eight times now. I tell you what. You guys are in for a real treat. I hope that helps you guys out.[/COLOR]
  18. [COLOR=Navy]I've seen and own the second movie, InuYasha: Castle Beyond the Looking Glass, and I will see and own the third InuYasha movie in a couple of days. The second movie is so awesome! In the second movie, [spoiler]Inuyasha and Kagome kiss.[/spoiler] How sweet. I know that in the third InuYasha movie, [spoiler]it's all about InuYasha and his family. Also, the long awaited InuYasha and Sesshomaru showdown![/spoiler][/COLOR] [QUOTE=Wasabi][size=1][color=darkslateblue]ULTIMATE SPOILER FOR SESSHOUMARU/KAGURA FANS!! [spoiler]It sucks. Kagura gets stabbed by Naraku's tentacles again through the chest, and is slowly dying. Sesshoumaru comes, they talk, and then Kagura dies and disappears into the wind. >.< No effing hug! He didn't give her a freaking hug!! He better die or she better come back. XD[/spoiler][/color][/size][/QUOTE] [COLOR=Navy]Was that spoiler for the first InuYasha movie or the second? Because, if it was for the second, [spoiler]that definately didn't happen. The fake tennyo demon cast them out and put a spell on them...Kagura and Kanna couldn't move, and they pretty much drowned. Also, there is only one scence with Sesshomaru in the second movie. He has no speaking parts whatsoever.[/spoiler][/COLOR]
  19. [COLOR=navy]This should be in the anime lounge, but anywho... I've seen both of these...including the last one of three part series of Samurai X. The name which escapes me. It is really good. I like how it has a much more serious tone than the more funny Rurouni Kenshin. It reminds me of the old samurai black and white movies. I thought that the movies were very well done, and I reallly enjoyed these anime movies.[/COLOR]
  20. [COLOR=Navy]For me, I was 12 years old. I can't remember whether it was Pokemon or DBZ. Though I really do think that it was Pokemon. There wasn't much of choice back in 1998 in England. When I moved back to the states, I started to watch Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing, and more DBZ...oh goody. -_- I then watched countless others. There are a lot of good ones out there.[/COLOR]
  21. [COLOR=Navy]Ranma may be funny and all, but I hope that they don't replace InuYasha with Ranma if they do. I like the series, don't get me wrong. I've seen the first season of it, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. If Ranma does show on Adult Swim, cool...but if it replaces InuYasha, I would really be mad.[/COLOR]
  22. [COLOR=Navy]My Summer was pretty average. I went to Philadelphia for a week hoping to meet up with a couple online friends. That didn't work out. My older brother got married and I had all of my relatives staying over at my house....all driving me crazy because I am not being a good girl....aka being sarcastic, not cleaning up 24/7, and reading and watching the devil's work: anime, manga, PG-13 and R rated movies, and music videos> That was mostly my aunt and grandma. Anywho, right after that, I had my birthday, I had no party...and no cake....was forced to spend my birthday money on clothes. Then I had my wisdom teeth taken out. >_< I also hung out with my friends during the summer only three or four times max. I made a nightstand too. I went to the amusement park twice, and I've been dying to go back to school since the end of July.[/COLOR]
  23. [QUOTE=MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff]Wow. *is mildly impressed* Ten posts, and it's only the first day. Heh. ^^;;; I haven't included friends or biatches (sorry Japan_86), but never fear, through the mystyfying properties of MS Paint (and some color coding), Solo Tremaine shall be cousins with Kane. ^_^ I wasn't successful in making Kittychan the 2nd cousin of Cysword - because that's just difficult (sorry. If you really want, I might be able to devise something... :( ) I haven't quite worked out how double marriages would be charted (I'd been thinking about that before posting the thread), but I'll come up with something, eventually. (or just leave out extra people? heh? *_*) P.S.: All of you -- Go sign up for Once Upon a Legend -- NOW!! >O[/color][/QUOTE] [COLOR=Navy]Meh...-_- I have a couple more people I forgot to add. The member, [b] tommybdragon[/b] is also a brother, and [b]Ajeh[/b] is my uncle. Drix also just informed me that Siren is his son...so that would make Siren my nephew as well as biatch. [/COLOR]
  24. [COLOR=Navy][b]Husband:[/b] Charles [b]Brothers:[/b] burori, otakusennen, syk3, shinmaru, drix d'zanith, desbreko [b]sisters:[/b] sweetreyes, quad [b]father:[/b] deathknight [b]son:[/b] syn [b]biatches:[/b]Mitch and Siren That's pretty much all of them. My sweet, sweet OB family.[/COLOR]
  25. [COLOR=Navy]She walked over to the window A smile came across her face What she saw below her Was her best friend, Grace Word: [b]West[/b][/COLOR]
×
×
  • Create New...