[quote name='StarShine']Believe me, I'd love to have my music known all over the world...but I just don't see that happening. I've been playing for five years and I've written many songs, but when it comes to my style, it's a male-dominated world. I don't want to have to use some sort of sex-appeal to get people to listen to my music, or any other sort of mass-marketing scheme. I wouldn't make it as a musician, I have too much pride and I don't like taking off my clothes in public.[/quote]
Personally, I've never believed somebody should use sex appeal to win in any industry. You might be interested in self publishing. You hook up a decent website with a free mp3 of a song or two you've done, then you get a bunch of pretty good quality CD-Rs and copy your music on the CD, and sell them. You can even buy programs that'll let you add a label on top of blank CDs so that it looks more profressional.
And on a different note, I wanted to be a scientist when I was a little kid(mostly so I would know what to mix together to make stuff blow up). Now, on the other hand, I plan on having my own tattoo shop. So when you see hellpainters tattoo and damnation next to the pizza place in about 6 years, remember you knew the hellpainter when he was a 12 year old punk that hated the world.