Many people loved Arkham Asylum, but I'm one of those few oddballs that never cared for it. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game by any means. The stealth part of it was spot on, and the combat portion was good for the most part, but for me, someone who comes off of playing games like Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden and God of War, Arkham Asylum just felt like it was lacking in comparison. I could never explain what that "something" is that it's lacking, but I just know it made me not really care for the rest of the game even though I did beat it. Now Arkham City blows its predecessor out of the water. While I never finished the game, I hear that it has a new game + as well (something else that AA is lacking), and then, playing as Batman just made me feel like I'm that dude you don't want to mess with.
Anyway, my brother-in-law got back to the U.S. about 3 days ago, and today we ran a set in [b]Super Street Fighter 4: AE 2012[/b] (about up to 10-15). Out of that, I won about 4 (yeah, I'm still pretty bad at the game). The characters I ended up winning with was Cody, Cammy, and Evil Ryu (2, 1, 1). And because I won with those 3 characters I decided they are going to be my primary and secondary characters. I actually put in a lot of time with Cody so I can see some of that work is actually paying off now, granted I still don't really FADC all that well in the midst of matches, nor do I tech throws (I'm terrible at that), and that's what caused me to lose a lot of my games. Cammy on the otherhand, I never really used played with her in an actual match, but her frame traps are something else, and she's a lot of fun. Evil Ryu, I don't know, I gotta have a shoto character, and besides, I like his moveset. I murdered my brother-in-law's Makoto with him. Other characters I tried using were Ryu, Akuma, Yun, Yang, Guy, Juri, Ibuki, Abel, and C.Viper. I see potential in my C.Viper, Yang and Juri, but the other characters, I have no hope, at least not on a d-pad lol.
I also started playing [b]Asura's Wrath[/b] yesterday. It's definately over-the-top, and while I don't mind QTE's I wish Capcom did somethings a little differently; mainly give us more opportunities to play as Asura, but for the most part I got this game simply because I was in need of some serious anger management, and this game was really curing that, but like I said, if there were more opportunities to play as Asura, say like God of War or Devil May Cry, this game could've been a instant favorite.
Now I'm thinking about buying a PS2 again (Gave my old and busted up ps2 to my sister-in-law) because I'm in the mood for some JRPG's and the only JRPG's I want to play right now are the Shin Megami Tensei games, and since Atlus don't seem to be making any HD remakes anytime soon, this is the only solution I can think of.
Edit:
Once again, my brother-in-law and I played quite a few rounds of SSF4:AE today, and I got bodied, and quite frankly, I'm furious. I don't know if he found a way to do unblockables, or if I wasn't holding down + back, but some reason I wasn't blocking good at all. Execution errors out the wazoo which wouldn't let me do my Ultra's, poor attempts at tic-throws. The only thing I got good at this time was anti-airing and even that wasn't all that successful. My air-to-air suck too. Anyway, I decided to take a break from the fighting games for a little bit, at least until I come back from EVO.
In the meantime, I finally got my hands on a PS2 again along with some of the Shin Megami Tensei games. [b]Persona 3: FES, Persona 4, and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1[/b]. I'll probably start playing one of those soon, and then I have Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga 2 coming in the mail.
I just hope I don't get burned out on these RPG's again since it's been a long time since I've played a JRPG.