Corey
Members-
Posts
2330 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Corey
-
I'd definitly agree with the American T.V. statement. This made me feel physically sick to my stomach. I was at a concert once and somehow got dragged into the moshpit by my friends. I moshed for a good five minutes and then witnessed someone go down. If anyone doesn't know, when a person goes down in a moshpit they can get seriously hurt. One of the moshpit objectives is to stay up. The man curled himself into a ball and just sat there. I attempted to make my way over to him to help him up but I couldn't. No one was helping him up. I contiues to try and get over there for another three minutes or so. Thankfully, the band noticed the downed man getting trampled and momentarily stopped the show. I thank them with all my heart. The man was taken to the hospital with slight internal bleeding and a broken leg. He would have died if they hadn't stopped the show. People that don't help make me sick.
-
Having personally experianced this, with the sexes switched, in eighth grade I will definitly say that if you keep it up you will lose him. People that know you like them tend to try and act on it. But if you shut them out at every turn then sooner or later they will simply stop trying. I'm assuming that the person also likes you. Correct me if I'm wrong.
-
About two nights ago I was walking to my local conviniance store to purchase a 2-liter of Coke at 8:30 pm (My Time). I was approached by a man that looked to be in his middle twenties. He was dressed in a beige trenchcoat, a large green scarf, and other assorted clothing which was obscured by the darkness. Automatically I thought of being robbed (childhood in a very bad neighborhood has messed with my mind) so I slipped my wallet into my very deep back pockets. He approached me and asked how I was doing. I told him that I was fine. He then struck up a very good natured conversation with me. We talked about where we were going in life, where we were in school, among other things. I learned he was majoring in meta-physics at a nearby college and often took night-time strolls. About ten minutes later, he said that he had to get going. We said our farewells and went in our respective directions. I never caught his name, nor he mine, but if I ever were to meet him again I'd definitly treat him to a dinner or a cup of coffee and thank him for giving me an experiance I will remember for the rest of my life. The moral of this little tale: Don't be afraid of people you don't know. Unless you know so, don't assume they are a bad person. From the look of this man, I would have never talked to him. I now know better. Has anyone else ever had an experiance like this?
-
Very good. I remember the last one. Coolies.
-
I shot my gaze at the man sitting on the wall. My knife was at his throat in an instant. [b]Ryan-[/b] "Which one is it LeFlorre. I know you know." He smiled at me and laughed. [b]Allen-[/b] "I do know, but I won't tell you. Burn in hell." LeFlorre whipped out a needle and shoved it into his arm. He dropped like a sack of potatos. I cursed him under my breath. [b]Orien-[/b] "Which color..." I looked at all four again. My favorite color wasn't in there. [b]Ryan-[/b] "Red..." Orien reached toward the red wire with his clipper...
-
[b]Ryan-[/b] "Very true. My father was never made know to me." I gave John a patronizing look and walked back into the room where the uncosious man sat. I searched my sneaking suit and found a small box. I took it out and grabbed one of the pills inside. Rali propped the man up on a wall, mopping at the blood flowing from a cut over his eyes. We needed him to see. People that couldn't see tended not to comply. I snapped one of the pills open and held it under the mans nose. He jerked awake and blinked the remaining blood away. He caught sight of Rali, John and I, and his eyes widened. [b]Man-[/b] "They're here! God-dammit ,they're he-" He caught sight of his dead accomplices. "Oh fuçk..." [b]Ryan-[/b] "Indeed. Now, if you would be so kind as to answer our questions, we might consider letting you go. Of course that all depends on how much you tell us." The man looked at me blankly as his skin paled. I sighed and drew my thigh knife. The man wimpered. "Does this help? Does this wonderful piece of metal make you feel better?" He shook his head violently. Rali chuckled quietly behind me. I sheathed my knife again. "Is this better?" He nodded. "Good. Now talk. Who are you people." The man looked behind me and stared at John and Rali, both of which were gripping their weapons. [b]Man-[/b] "My name is Allen. Allen LeFlorre. The two you killed were Siergio Lopez and Morris Sloat. We are mercenaries. We were hired by the company that makes THOR to take you guys down. They got wind of your little break in and wanted us to nuetralize you when you got back. We obviously failed... But. We do have a backup plan." The man touched a small button on his rifle. It was the excess plasma dump. He had a full cell. When one dumped the entire cell, it acted like a bomb. [b]Ryan-[/b] "ORIEN!" The man came into the structure in a full run. [b]Orien-[/b] "What? What?!" I pointed at the gun with a shaky hand. It would be useless to try and run from it. "Sh!t." He dropped to his knees and began to work on turning off the makeshift bomb.
-
I watched Kenratu fly into the air. What was that large pillar of flames? I shook my head and took to the air. Perhaps the Bind was not as effective in the skies. I pushed yself faster, hoping to break through the barrier. No success. I felt the twisting of reality, just as I had before, and appeared back in front of the podium. I spat out a black glob of blood and walked over toward the blacksmiths hut. No one was in line so I stepped in. [b]Blacksmith-[/b] "Welcome my comrade. You're my first customer. What can I do for you?" I took out my blade and set it down in front of him. [b]Ikturu-[/b] "A warming spell if you please." The man smiled and looked at me oddly. [b]Blacksmith-[/b] "Surely you realize that we are in the center of the desert. Why would you have use for a heat oriented imbuing?" I narrowed my eyes. [b]Ikturu-[/b] "Can you do it?" He smiled again, realizing that question time was over. [b]Blacksmith-[/b] "Yes. I can. It will take a few hours for the magic to seep in." He was coating my blade with a fine red powder which was already dissipating into the metal. "Come back tomarrow." He placed my blade on an upper shelf and gave me a claim slip. I pocketed it and walked back out of the store. [b]Ikturu-[/b] "...Wha..." Something ran through me. Not physically, but magically. My body suddenly seemed very heavy. I wavered across the ground for a good ten feet then sat down hard. I heard my teeth clank together. I keeled over into a laying position and breathed in small gasps. It felt so evil... I closed my eyes and slipped into an uneasy bout of unconsciousness.
-
I logged onto the boards this afternoon, and to my amazement, there are over 4000 members. Another great milestone in the Otakuboards History Book has just been logged. Congrats to the boards and to the creator/s. And let's all hope that this wonderful site continues to grow.
-
[b]Ikturu-[/b] "Smoking's bad for your health, sir." I plucked the cigarette from his mouth and tossed it into a puddle of water. "You'll want to watch it, your not as young as I." Kenratu gave me a menacing look and lit another one. [b]Kenratu-[/b] "What do you want Ikturu?" I smiled and did a half-a**ed bow. [b]Ikturu-[/b] "I want nothing more than to aid in the destruction of the humans. And how am I to do that if I keep getting pulled back here?" [b]Kenratu-[/b] "If I knew what you were planning, I may allow you to go off on your own without interferance. But I know how your mind works, Ikturu. Your planning somehting and I'm not sure if it's for the benefit of our kind." I gave him a harsh little smile and sat down. [b]Ikturu-[/b] "You know what I plan to do. You have read the same books as I. You know what's in the far north." Kenratu's eyes widened as he finnaly realized. [b]Kenratu-[/b] "Why would you go after somehting like that? It cannot be controlled. It one of the reasons that the artifact was placed up there in the first place. I will not permit you to do it." Kenratu's eyes pierced my gaze. I looked at the ground. [b]Ikturu-[/b] "Listen Kenratu... Humans are awakening. The first ones are already beginning to harness their powers. If they mature we will not be able to win. You know this as well as I. Let me travel north. I promise not to activate it untill you tell me. But I must discover how it works if I need to put it to use. Allow me this Kenratu, and I will surrender it to you once the call for it is needed."
-
I really like the last one. It makes me want to hear more. Sounds like the beggining of an epic or something. The first one made me feel sad, as I'm sure it meant to do. The second made me wonder what exactly was going on. Very good Mitch. A fine writer you'll be.
-
I pulled John very close and gripped my knife. [b]Ryan-[/b] "How much noise does a knife make? Very little. How much noise does a big fuçkin gun make," I whispered these words to him carfully putting just the right amount of revultion into each one. "To God-Damned much." I shoved him away and pointed back to the APC. Hatred flaring in his eyes, John stalked quietly back. I looked at Rali and saw he was smiling at me. I mouthed 'How many?' Rali shrugged and slid something to me. I picked it up and found it to be a pair of thermal goggles. 'See for yourself,' he said. I slipped the goggles on and flipped the switch. My vision went red. I peered into the wall and saw brightly lit figures on the other side. Three... Heavily armed. Plasma rifles from the heat signatures. I held up three fingers for Rali and tossed the goggles back. I made a rifle gesture with my hands and mouthed 'Plasma'. His eyes widened and then narrowed to a slit. Plasma rifles had a tendance to blow holed not only through you, but through others one hundred feet away. I pointed upward at a window and we both nodded. I jumped up and grabbed the ledge. Slowly I pulled myself up, not wanting to make any noise. I unhinged the window and slipped in. Faintly, there was talk from down the stairs. Rali was already in his window and sizing up the situation. I watched his eyes, tracking the movements of the men. We needed one alive. I hope he knew that.
-
With the ever watchful eye of Mitch I hope this thread actually goes somewhere besides said debate. To add another point, Humans aren't perfect. If, in some completely wierd way, the game does corrupt Christians it's because we really aren't perfect. Unlike the imaginary Gods in the game, that is. ;)
-
What do you do when you don't know what to say to someone?
Corey replied to Rhys Mayiessen's topic in General Discussion
I just be quiet. If the friendship is good, it will mend in time. -
A very good question, but I can see this thread easily turning into a religous debate. First off, I don't play D&D. I'm not sure what is 'exactly' involved in playing but I do have a general idea. As to the statement that it corrupts Christians, I have but one thing to say to that: It's just a game.
-
I don't see them either. I'm really looking forward to putting in my entry once I find out what the objectives are.
-
[size=1]That is certainly one way to do it. Amatros could easily decimate this world by himself. I finnaly lost sight of the dot in the air and turned to leave. I walked thought the stunned ranks of Shades, none of them bothering to part. I pushed my way through. It didn't matter. I would leave, again. I made my way to the very edge of the camp. I could see the road I had originally took. I pushed the last Shade out of my way and stepped back onto the road. The world twisted around me. Up became down. Left became right. Forward, backward. I closed my eyes and swallowed. My feet hit solid ground and I ground my teeth together. I was right back where I started. In the middle of the mass of Shades. [b]Ikturu-[/b] "Damn you Kenratu," I whispered. I looked up at the makeshift podium our race had constructed, and waited.[/size]
-
Walking... Walking... I hated my inability to fly indefinatly... I was to young. Dammit... Just dammit... I slung my head low and walked. The weather was hot. Stuffy. Almost comfortable it it wasn't for the constant winds of sand. I closed my eyes and took to the air. Enough of the walk. I would fly for as long as I could. The air was less chaotic up here. More wind, but less sand. And less sand made for easier breathing. I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes. I could fly and think at the same time. [b][size=3][i]POP[/i][/size][/b] I opened my eyes in a hurry. There were thousands of Shades standing around me. I narrowed my eyes and hissed a Shaden curse at Kenratu. He had just added three days to my journey. Why did he want me back here? He certainly didn't miss me.
-
I gave Marth a look and bailed from the vehicle. I tucked myself into a ball and rolled to a stop once I hit the ground. I stood up slowly, catching the breath that was knocked out of me. One I had returned it to my body I broke into a run directly toward the compound. The APC was already there and firing, very carefully, at the criminals. Even as fast as I was going, it took me another minute to reach the walls of the Dug Labs. I activated the grips of my suit and began scaling the walls. I broke into a window with one of my knifes and jumped through. I was in a research room. There were stacks of paperwork and charts. Probably the effects of the drugs... I quickly made my way through the room and out. The hallway was taupe. Why were all hallways taupe... I guess because it's a soothing color... I shook my head and walked down the stairs. Quietly I turned on my ear and mouth piece. [b]Ryan-[/b] "Marth, I'm almost at the entrance. How many are there..." [b]Marth[/b] "Six... No, five, Rali got one. What do you plan on doing?" I smiled and turned off my ComD. The doors were normal sized but pure titanium. I slid the locked latch open and peeked out. A bullet grazed to door mere inches from my face. I stepped through and walked up to the closest gaurd. I grabbed my waist knife and quickly slit his throat. Another fell from bullet fire. I walked up to another and stabbed him in his left lung. It deflated with a dull rush of air. I stabbed the other one and watched him drop. Immediately he started gasping for air in vain. I tossed his weapon away and moved on to the next man. He dropped like a fly from bullets. I stabbed the fifth in his neck. He bled out very quickly, must have been a user... I sliced the last mans weapon in half. He turned in surprise and I grabbed him by the neck. [b]Ryan-[/b] "A very good try, but you will all fail eventually." His head exploded, spraying blood all over me and the nearby wall. I dropped the headless corpse and looked at a faraway glimmer. I turned right at it and held up my middle finger. Soundlessly I mouthed '**** you Rali.' I jumped over the Thor and went to meet back up with the others.
-
[b]Ryan-[/b] "Out of my way little man." The thief stood in front of me and didn't budge. [b]Thief-[/b] "Give me you gold and I will be happy to oblige, kind sir." He withdrew a knife and flashed it in the dying sunlight. I smiled to him. [b]Ryan-[/b] "Let me rephrase," I cleared my throat, "Get out of my way or I will rip the skin from your muscles and your muscles from your bones. Does that sound better?" The theif smiled again and advanced on me. My face turned grave. [b]Ryan-[/b] "So be it." I thrust my hands into the air. A wail soared through the area as a small tear in the fabric of this world ripped open. Demons seeped through into my Runic Staff. The thief suddenly lost control of his bladder and his stern attitude. He turned to run. I thrust my staff in front of me and froze the thief in mid step. I walked non-chalantly in front of him and watched as his eyes locked into me in a genuine bout of fear. [b]Ryan-[/b] "I gave you a chance. Now you will suffer." I touched the tip of my staff to his forehead. His skin rippled and shuddered. He cried out in pure pain despite my freezing spell. In a split second all his skin fell to the floor. His screams hit an octave unknown to normal speech as his muscles and organs liquified. His bones fell to the floor in an eternal scream. I walked away.
-
[b]Ryan-[/b] "Bout damn time..." I reached over my shoulder and grasped one of the knifes hooked to my suit. I brought it out and began to compulsively sharpen it. Smooth rounding motions were the way to go. Some believed in straight movements. I knew better. To gain maximum sharpness you had to use the rounding motions... I sliped my current knife into it's holster and grabbed another, this one connected to my upper thigh. Sharpen... They must be sharp for battle. Silent kills... The only way to go. Sneak up behind them and slide the blade through their veins and arteries of the neck. Feel the life force drain from an individual... The rush was unbelievable... I shuddered and looked at Marth. He requested me. I had been in fort MacMillan in New Colorado, honing my skills. Very strange. His eyes held a secret. One he wasn't going to share willingly... I wouldn't force it from him. I only cared to kill. But the others...
-
Well, a newbie you may be, but I certainly hold you in high recognition. The poem is great. I really do like it. *Prints It Out*
-
[b]Name:[/b] Ryan Schezar [b]Age:[/b] 29 [b]Description:[/b] About 5' 11" and very skinny. Shoulder length brown hair is usually tied in a pony tail and secured under a covering of sorts. Has a short stubble and piercing hazel eyes. Wears a black sneaking suit. [b]Speciality:[/b] Stealth/Infiltration [b]Weapons and Armor:[/b] A very small silenced pistol. Four Knifes attached at different points of his suit. His sneaking suit is resistant to any extreme temperature and can handle small and medium rifle rounds.
-
Indeed I would like to join, or attempt to join again. ---- Your name - Corey Roos Your character name - Ryan Schezar Your email address - [email]darkorderknight@yahoo.com[/email] Location - Either Ob, AIM(DarkOrderKnight0), or E-mail... ------------- Character: [b]Name-[/b] Ryan Schezar [b]Appearence-[/b] Ryan is about 6'5" tall. He is thin and not very muscular. His hair is a dark blonde and his eyes are a blazing orange. Hiis hair hangs around his ears and eyes sometimes obscuring his sight. [b]History-[/b] Ryan was inducted into the practice of 'Streaming' at a very young age. 'Streaming', as the word may suggest, is the practice of making things run smoothly. Streamers help the world contiue on as smoothly as it possibly can while avoiding cataclysmic events. Great magics are needed to make these cataclysims 'dissapear'. For this, Streamers tap into the veins of the spritual world. They draw energy from the land of the dead and save the living. Ususally, only certain people can draw. And usually, they can only draw from certain points. Ryan is different. He has a strange chemical imbalance in his brain. This allows him to draw necrotic energy from anywhere. Dispite all of his wonderful gifts, Ryan is prone to bouts of unconciousness. The chemical imbalance becomes too much. He simply drops. Something is happening, though. The periods of unconciousness have been happening fewer and fewer, and a strange force in the spirit world whispers in the ears of the Streamers. Something big... Something... perhaps... to powerful for the Streamers to stop... [b]Unique Features-[/b] Traditional Tatoos all around his body. A large scar running the length of his spine. [b]Items Carried- Draw Ball[/b]( A Streaming tool used to store energy from the spirit world) [b]Linik Knife[/b]( A Knife tipped with poison) [b]Herbs[/b]( Magical healing medicine)
-
[b]Ikturu-[/b] "A waste of time..." I shugged and began my journey to the far north. They were doing nothing but wasting their time fighting the humans face to face. The north held a secret. Something that would speed up the conquest of Earth. I would walk most of the way, not wanting to exaust myself flying. The north... The cold north so different from out world. I needed to go there. I needed to prove myself to Kenratu... He knew me well, but I needed to put my mark on his mind. Never enough... Nothing I did was ever enough... Even when I was young, my trainers said I wouldn't make it. My parents said I wouldn't survive. I showed them all... Another vehicle in the distance. A large one, clad in beige camouflage. I slunked behind a rock to the side of the road. Surprise was still the best type of attack. It roared closer. Fifty feet. Thirty. Ten. I jumped out from behind the rock and ripped through the tires of the vehicle. They exploded and the vehicle tumbled off the road. The humans crawled out as the truck came to a stop. One was almost dead. The other gripped his gun firmly, pointing it at me. I touched my tattoo and activated my magic. The man fired just as I turned on my powers. The bullets slowed to a crawl. I walked over to the man and grabbed the weapon away from him. I threw it away, it was still launching volleys of bullets. I walked up to the man and punched him in the gut. I touched my tatto and the magic switched off. The man flew into the air. Landing with a thud, he exhaled a spray of blood. I walked over and watched the blood coagulate on the sand. [b]Ikturu-[/b] "Not very smart. Are you a straggeler? Left behind by your friends? Now you will pay the price that all of this world will eventually face." I extended my claws and sliced through his head. His brains leaked out in nothing more than a blended grey mass. I sliced off one of his fingers and pocketed it. A trophy to prove myself.
-
[b]Name:[/b] Ryan Schezar [b]Age:[/b] 43 [b]Race:[/b] Human (Black Wizard) [b]Weapon:[/b] Rune Staff [b]Bio:[/b] I've been needing to get this out of my system for a while. Ryan is a wizard. A wizard of the Black Arts. At an early age his parents revealed their true lineage to him. They were of the same bloodline as one of the greatest Black Wizards ever. Despite popular belief, Black Wizards are not generally evil. They simply bend the evil parts of the world in their favor. Some of the orginals drew power from the demon world but that was stopped after possesion became regular. When he was five his training began. He was forced to read an entire library and to learn physically exausting spells. At one point, he bled from the eyes for an entire day. Age ten. Ryan was tested against a senior wizard. He faired well, but lost the use of his left hand. It does no more than hang limp at his side. Age twenty. Ryan sets out from the compound and went on a quest. That's how he thought of it at least. He traveled to the town of Beville. In the great library that was there he learned of the Dragon Armory. Slowly thoughts of greed probed their way into his mind. He stayed in the library gathering every scrap of information on the Armory for nearly three years. His magic became focused. His power became godlike. He turned evil. Age forty-three. Twenty years... Twenty years of searching for the Armory. No luck. The lack of discovery has only made Ryan a sullen individual. He is quiet and calculating, preferring to stay away from people than to be in a group. Rumors have been growing on the horizon. Rumors of the Armory being sought after by a great warrior. Ryan plans to follow the path of this warrior and steal the Armory from him. It the demon can stay subdued, that is... [b]Description:[/b] A black cloak. A thick stubble on his face. Dark eyes and hair that's slightly graying. Far to thin for his age.