OtakuBoards

We need a few more mods for the Otaku Anime Forum.

Domon

This sugguestion comes from a couple weeks ago. I was going through the Yu-Gi-Oh forum an i noticed a weird thread, so i went into it and i was surprised by how a member insulted someone else, so i did the normal thing and notified a mod, but since Altron wasn't on then this thread was up for a while, then i noticed that Adam had finally logged in so i notified him and then the next day the thread was gone. What i'm saying is that we need a few more mods so as to deal with [u]any[/u] incidents that may occur in the forums. i know that we have Super Mods but sometimes they aren't on all the time because they may have prior engagments etc. What i'm trying to say is that maybe two or three mods per forum would be okay and one Super Mod for each of the sections is fine. This is just something i thought i should bring to the attention to the board.

I do not intend to offend anyone. If in some way i have then i would like to apologize.

That's exactly what i mean. We have one maybe two mods for a forum and when they aren't on due to prior obligations then the entire forum could be screwed up. I mean James and Adam are on quite often but i think we should give them a break because they are always working overtime trying to keep things clean so thats why i think we should at least have two mods for the threads that have only one and three for the ones that have two. How we should do this is by selecting some canidates and then having the members vote for them and in what forum they think the canidates would best be suitable for, well, thats just an idea.

[color=royalblue]Super Moderators are required to be online at least once every 24 hours or so. Even if you see spam, it is mostly deleted or closed within due time.

However, on this occasion I agree with you. And I assure you that I'm doing all I can to find suitable staff for the area.[/color]

[size=1]Well, the only forum that really needs a mod right now is Yu-Gi-Oh. I have been trying to spend as much time there as possible, and hopefully the forum will be cleaned up soon. It takes a lot of effort to turn something spammy (Our Digimon forum last June) and turn it into something great (Our Digimon forum today).

And remember that you can always send [i]me[/i] a PM to help point these sorts of things out.

-Shy[/size]

I guess you are right shy, i was just sugguesting that we should have mods in some areas that need them, for example the Yu-Gi-Oh forum, if it weren't for you it would have a lot of spam etc. I know that Altron does his best to be on whenever he gets the time but i think a lot of the mods, super mods, and James and Adam are overworked and that we should have just a few more mods thats all, for a couple of the forums in the gaming area and in the Yu-Gi-Oh forum. Thats all i would like to say right now.

[color=darkblue]
I myself have thought about this and think that HyperShadow would be a great mod for the Yu-Gi-Oh forum since he knows the game inside and out, and he is on a lot, as well as helping out all of the people new to the game, and even explaining things to people who are good at it.

So, in conclusion, my nomination is HyperShadow.
[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][size=1] It takes a lot of effort to turn something spammy (Our Digimon forum last June) and turn it into something great (Our Digimon forum today).[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]I still feel guilty about that.[/SIZE]

[color=royalblue]No need to feel guilty, Sara. :) You were always one of my favourite mods ;)

(And yes, James does love all his children...ahem)

Anyway, I think it's obvious that as these forums get more popular, they need more attention. People who are experiencing problems in any forum should always PM the Moderator for that forum. Alternatively, you can PM the Super Moderator for that category. These two steps should come BEFORE you PM me about it. I find it very difficult to deal with a huge myriad of complaints every day, when many of these issues could be sorted out by "local" Moderators.

So, yeah...the Moderators aren't there for nothin'. They have the ability to deal with many of these situations. :)[/color]

Yes you are right james, its just that i think that maybe say lets just say that this is one scenario: You and Adam aren't on and the Super Mods have been on and are off and the mod or mods for a forum aren't on either and then someone goes on a spamming or Flamming spree, we'd have to wait from an hour to maybe a day before it was dealt with, thats why i think that there should be 2 mods for a forum that has only 1 mod and 3 mods for a forum that has 2 mods thats all i think we should have. Just as a precaution that's all in case of that worse scenairo or just in case no one of higher authority is online thats all.

[color=royalblue]In all reality, it's highly unlikely that the boards will ALWAYS have someone online who can deal with mass spamming. It's just not realistic. Everyone has different time zones and many staff come from similar time zones (in America), which means that it's impossible to always have someone here at all times. Unfortuntely that's just a reality.

The only way I could possibly counter that would be to have one person from every continent in the world modding each forum lol. I mean, there are limits on staff.

And if there are ANY Super Moderators online (even if they aren't responsible for anime), you can always PM them as well, as they have the power to deal with other areas if necessary.

Other than that, all you can do is be patient. We are aware of these issues and we try our best to create a secure environment that is as spam-free as possible.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]No need to feel guilty, Sara. :) You were always one of my favourite mods ;)

(And yes, James does love all his children...ahem)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]I don't know which is worse...the fact that I find that faintly disturbing, or the fact that I find it [i]only[/i] [b]faintly[/b] disturbing. I think I'm becomeing a bit jaded to the weirdness of this place. ^_^

And as long as there's an open topic, I might as well add that there have been a few mentions of the need/nicety of having another Digimod. [Even from the members of the anti-Shy club.]

Tho I guess you're aware of that, anyhoo.[/SIZE]

I find it impossible to believe there's an anti-Shy club.

A few more mods wouldn't go amiss.

I have a suggestion- Free mods. That is, mods who are able to go almost anywhere and moderate. Sort of like how you and Adam do, James, except without the administration. That way, if the forum-specific mods are away for any reason, they can be contacted about it. It's just an idea, and it could mean a heck of a lot of work. Or we could at least have some substitute mods, who become activated if another's going to be away for a while. Again, it's just an idea.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]
And as long as there's an open topic, I might as well add that there have been a few mentions of the need/nicety of having another Digimod. [Even from the members of the anti-Shy club.][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

You must mean my mentionings, C-gal.;) But just to let you know, there is no "Anti-Shy club" anymore, and even if there is, I'm no longer a part of it.
I think Shy is a great mod, he just got a bit carried away in the summer... erhm, by-gones!:D

But digimon-section STILL needs new mods. One mod isn't enough AT ALL, because D_M can't possibly read ALL the posts people send there. After all, Digimon-section IS one of the most popular sections at the boards.

I'm not saying it's absolutely obligatory to have one, because the section is pretty clean nowadays, but just in case...

Spammers aren't going to stop coming to this boards ever, so we can well be prepared if a new "menace" rises.:naughty:

Oh well, I can't believe I'M saying this, but James, would you consider giving us another digimod? Pweeease....:blush:

Idealy, EACH generic forum should be led by someone with a little expertise, and wise judgement on that particular, uh.. *brain freeze* Forum sujbect? hehe, anyway, we have a good amount of moderators here at ob, everything is generally run VERY smoothly in comparison to most all other boards. Sure we could use a couple more in some key places but generally, this is a very well moderated slice of intra-communital network. :)

I think the boards are run quite well.. the only real problem is that there are certain times- typically around 12:00-4:00 UK time, when there aren't any moderators on at all, most of the time..

but then, there isn't much to moderate at that time, either..

Well, I think the digisection needs a new mod, seeing as in American time, I think D_M is in school or something at that time.

We have some new digimon fans, and they're quite nice, but they fail to realize 'opinion.' One of them does that is, don't truly know about the other, but I guess it's nothing to worry about right now. I'm sure these new ones are fast learners. I just felt like adding my opinion....

[color=#9933ff]I agree wholeheartedly. I think we need one more Digimod, because as people ave said, D_M can't possibly read all those threads(she does have a life), and Shy is busy reading through EVERYTHING in the Anime section.

Admittedly, I haven't been posting as much in the Digimon section as I used to, but it doesn't mean I don't [i]read[/i] the threads, and I know what you guys are talking about.[/color]