Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I noticed today, that there are some sig's that are way to long! I mean, there making pages cluttered and annowing(spl?). I think there should be a restriction on the amount of text in a sig. I dont know whata you guys think?
Posted
I agree...siggys probably shouldn't be more than your banner and around 10 lines of text in regular font size after you save and view it. It's great that we have image code and HTML on...but...

...take into consideration people who use dial-up...
Posted
I thought that there was a restriction. I remember seeing something about it in the announcement that was up when we first had banners.
Posted
[size=1] Yes, some people like to make humongous signatures without taking into consider with the people with DIAL UP Like myself... I think it should go back to 8-10 lines like it was before...[/size]
Posted
I've noticed a few sigs that contain entire songs or poems... And each section is on a seperate line... That's just far too much. I didn't know the limit was removed, but on OB5 it always stopped me at 8 lines.
Posted
Well I've been to a message board with a character limit.
You could only have a certain number of characters in your sig.
VBcodes did count as the limit though.
But It might help enforce the rules better.
Posted
[color=royalblue]Unfortunately, as with all our other hacks, the sig line limit was not moved over in the server move (I have no idea why, though).

As a result, the image limit hack and the signature limit hacks are not there right now.

Having said that, Moderators still have the authority to get people to shorten their signature or change/resize their sig image. And I still expect members to abide by some common courtesy -- as was mentioned, many members use dial-up (including myself) and all these massive sigs are problematic for some.[/color]
Posted
I think the sig limits, as they are, are a bit too strict...

Take for example, if I made a banner that was 400x150... this is against the sig size limit because it's too tall.

However, if you take into the fact it's smaller than a 500x100 (50 pixels), it's not really any worse than someone with a 300x50 sig and nine billion lines of text in his/her sig.

So, it's probably good you don't have the code to make those limits, because I think the above example illustrates a time when "bending" the rules isn't such a bad thing.
Posted
As long as the person's signature is not like frikkin a mile long...and as long as it cant get confused with actual writing.. it should be ok ...gosh lol.. I think mine is stretching it when it comes to maximum length...
Posted
[color=royalblue]wrist cutter, I think we're comparing apples and oranges here.

Loading text is a whole lot easier than loading imagery. So that is why we have a very definite limit on images. It also helps to create a more uniform look on our boards.

When the hacks were included, we had an 8 line sig restriction, I believe. And that was fine, because it actually did allow a surprising amount of room for users to put plenty of text, without getting too silly. But with our current lack of tech staff...it's going to be really difficult. We just don't have anyone who can put these hacks back there right now.[/color]
Posted
[color=royalblue]lol

Er, okay. :D

Anyway, yeah...for those wanting software features to be put in place, I think they'll be waiting a while. I'll keep trying to find someone though. :)[/color]
Guest SunRiZe
Posted
how about a 500x400 pixel limit, this does not seen like an overly large size. It's not half a mile long, and doesn't take longer to load that a 500x100

on a condition of only 1 line of text?

Just a quick suggestion, I have a feeling I will be shot down in flames, however :whoops:
Posted
[size=1]::blows SunRiZe up::

Thing is, once you start making exceptions on length and width, ["well, the [i]area[/i] is the same...."] some joker is going to come along with a 50 000 by 1 pixel image that will screw everything up royally.[/size]
Posted
[color=red] Yes, in V.5, there was a limit thing that stopped you from making your sig bigger than needed.

But yes, my sig did grow big, but I resized it. And I still see numerous people with to long sigs, like Rancid's, his has a whole song last time I saw.

But not to many people are going overboard.[/color]
Posted
Im not saying alot of people are, its just some are extremely long, take deedlit's (No offense....), Her's is just way to long I think James, you should make a max...like maybe semjaza's would be a max. He has a pic and 10 lines of text, that seems cool, right?
Posted
[b]Even on broadband, loading massive signatures can be insane, especially when large 500x250 pixel images take up massive amounts of space. Add that to my poor scrolling finger, which takes a real beating on massive sigs :(

10 lines of text and an image is a good idea, but ultimately it should be what's best for a dial-up user, since they suffer the most with large sigs.[/b]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...