Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Is the removal of the Newbie Lounge good or bad?  

34 members have voted

  1. 1. Is the removal of the Newbie Lounge good or bad?

    • Good!
      19
    • Bad!
      9
    • No opinion.
      6


Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=royalblue]Oh we're [i]still[/i] dragging this out? lol

Remember, Newbie Lounge isn't exactly anything we've had for a long time. It was introduced with v6. o_O

In any case, we've pretty much gone over this again and again...it was removed because it was utterly spammy. It had really become our "spam forum". And that is definitely not good.

When My Otaku has some content, I think everyone will find it a far more useful resource. :)

[/color]
Posted
Well the removal of it was I guess good and bad.

I would've rather had a warning stating that the Newbie Loungue was becoming spammy and that we needed to stop, and if there was I didn't see it and I apoligze.

However this "My Otaku" thing. I don't like it at all. It just, I don't know. I don't think its going to be used at all, and its not quite as friendly. See what I'm trying to say?

Oh well, its still Otaku Boards so I won't complain TOO Much..



[b]EDIT:[/b]I posted then saw James post. So there is gonna be some content in My Otaku. I guess it could work out. You never know. It prolly will though.
Posted
[color=royalblue]I would wait to pass judgement on My Otaku if I were you. ;)

Remember, it's empty afterall. lol

But when you see what we include in there...I'm sure you'll find it useful.[/color]
Posted
Yeah I thought about my post after I posted it and was actually going to edit it but found you've posted again.

Yeah when I put up my Edit I ment to say that I was wrong. I beleive that seeing as you are putting actual content in My Otaku then it prolly will be a good forum.

I still question the fact that people will go to it, but thats just members not the forum itself.


Anyway you guys normally do a great job, so I guess I can trust ya'all on this one. Oh and sorry!
Posted
I'm glad because all the people just kept on posting there just to get post for there post count, and that is spamming. And as you can see James hates that.
Posted
[size=1]If I have to read/write another word about Newbie Lounge I am going to go insane... good riddance.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
I don't mind at all...I think it'll encourage new people to become a part of the community faster. And offering My Otaku as a easy hand guide will prove very useful instead of laying out the FAQ or rules all in one page. (If it's going to be designed that way...)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B]I'm glad because all the people just kept on posting there just to get post for there post count, and that is spamming. And as you can see James hates that. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]You post count did not rise if you posted there. Nor in the Suggestion forum.[/b][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B]I'm glad because all the people just kept on posting there just to get post for there post count, and that is spamming. And as you can see James hates that. [/B][/QUOTE]
No actually post counts didn't count in the newbie lounge, I suggest you do a little research before you speak. :p Anyway, NL was a cool place to hang out but some of the things were just stupid. I couldn't go intoa thread without hearing eat a green bee that tastes like jelly, or beware the sheeps.

EDIT: Woah 3 people posted while I was posting my post.
Posted
lol, is it just me or was this what the suggestion topic was all about? o_O

Oh well, it's gone, and I'm glad. MyOtaku is going to be much more resourceful to newbies than first spam.

The sooner this topic can deminish, the better.

EDIT: Acid, there's basically a post every minute, haha. You all got three in during my short one.
Posted
[color=royalblue]Yep...this way, newbies are encouraged to start posting right away. The first places they see are My Otaku and Otaku Lounge -- much better examples of post quality.

Oh and...they get to meet OtakuBot when they visit My Otaku. But I'll reveal him later. ^_^[/color]
Posted
I don't really need to tell everyone where I stand on this. Almost everyone has seen my rants about that forum. It had more spam than the discount lane at Save A Lot.

It wasn't a good forum. No, it was a naughty little place. Now, we can march side by side with newbies and free our brothers and sisters from the captivity of segregation. Can I get an Amen?! I said, can I get an Amen? Amen!
Posted
[COLOR=green]I think the removal of the newbie lounge will have little to no effect on the general behavior on newbies.

The ones who sign up and truly want to follow the rules and post intelligently will stay, and the rest...[/COLOR]
Posted
well it was good cause it stoped them from introducing themselfs in the other lounges and starting spam. but i still dident like it. it made them feel more powerful if ya understand what i b sayin
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Oh we're [i]still[/i] dragging this out? lol

Remember, Newbie Lounge isn't exactly anything we've had for a long time. It was introduced with v6. o_O[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Yeah, but we had Intro before that, yes? Because 6 is the most recent, isn't it? And I know it used to be called Intro, and be further down....

:: plots to bring up this topic routinely in the months to come, just to see who snaps first::

[after Shy, o' course.]

Eh. I don't really care one way or t'other. It was a fun place sometimes and a pain sometimes. I've been on both ends.

::waves goodbye to Intro::

And hopefully y'all poor mods dun get too many lost newbies saying hello to ya in the wrong places. [/blessing][/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Oh and...they get to meet OtakuBot when they visit My Otaku. But I'll reveal him later. ^_^[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]OtakuBot?? *remembers SmarterChild from AIM* Similarities? As fun to screw around with??[/b][/color]
Posted
personaly i dont care that the newbie lounge is gone. i only went in it once, and that was by mistake. I dont see the big fuss over this or why you care cuz non of you gies are acatually nebies!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by isawis [/i]
[B]put it back but make it so any posts in there dont count...i remember you did that to a forum before... [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Darling, posts [i]didn't[/i] count in the NL. Do your homework.[/SIZE]
Posted
[color=red][b]Like the one that was just deleted?? lol[/b][/color]
Posted
[color=royalblue]I know your banner is only tongue in cheek, but I don't think it bodes well to insult 80% of newbies. ;)

I want everyone with these silly NL banners int heir signatures to remove them. It's over now, let's get on with what's left of our lives. lol[/color]
Posted
[color=red][b]Aww.....I thought they were funny.[/b][/color]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...