Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
You know, I dont really get touched by movies very often, but today I watched American Beauty and I have to say that I think it is one of the most brilliant movies out there. It conveys a great story, it has great actors and actresses(Kevin Spacey = the man), and the camera work is awesome. Nothing can really top it in my book. So what Im trying to say is(to give this thread a point;)), do you guys have any movies that make you feel this way?
Posted
[color=red][b]...I [i]loathe[/i] that movie with a pission. I saw it, and thought it was a pointless movie. I just didn't like it[/b][/color]
Posted
[color=red][b]Band of Brothers...well...it's not really a movie....o well. :p[/b][/color]
Posted
The few movies that have had a effect on me would have to be the following:
Mississippi Burning
Philadelphia
Life is Beautiful
Evita
The Hurricane

I'm sure other movies have had an effect on me, but not like the above. I also have to agree with Matt. Band of Brothers did have an effect on me. The first episode especially, was quite emotionally shocking. Lets just say I've been through half a box of tissues for almost every episode.
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=purple][FONT=arial]There is only onr movie that has really had an affect on me, and I can't remember its name.

It's about a little boy who wants to be a hero when he grows up. He accidently kills his best friend's mom by hitting a baseball to hard and it hits her in her head. In the end, on some school trip, the bus swerves off road and into a river. The little boy saves everyone by getting them out, but he is to late for himself. In the last scene, you see him dying in a hospital bed with his best friend sitting next to him. They talk about how the little boy became a hero, then he dies.

It was the only movie I ever cried in. It was really touching:)


P.S. I think I almost cried when I first saw Orlandy fall out of the helicopter in Black Hawk Down, but not as much as the other movie;)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
[color=blue]I'd have to say the movie that affected me most was Schindler's List. That was the most powerful movie I've ever seen. I've never cried in a movie before. And we were watching it at school, so I'm sitting there biting my lip, trying not to cry.[/color]

EDIT: Wait, I nearly cried in another movie...Monsters Inc. What!? It was sad when
*SPOILER* (i think this is a spoiler...)



At the end, where Boo had to go back and they couldn't see her again...



*END SPOILER*

Ok, you can stop laughing now...
Posted
Well, I couldnt really even begin to name all of the movies that got me to feel super emotional.

For starters I would say...

Braveheart
Akira (long story)
The cowboy bebop series
And well too many countless others.

I guess Im just a big wussy. Oh well, but as I remember more Im gonna come back and edit.
Posted
To this day, only one movie has ever gotten to me: Edward Scissorhands.

At the end when she tells Edward that she loves him, the face he makes is priceless. The fact that her saying that just once to him basically makes up for his lonely life up to that point means a lot to me for some reason.

Johnny Depp is an amazing actor, I've never seen anyone else show so much just by facial expressions in a movie before, or since, then.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Delian [/i]
[B]The few movies that have had a effect on me would have to be the following:
Mississippi Burning
Philadelphia
Life is Beautiful
Evita
The Hurricane

I'm sure other movies have had an effect on me, but not like the above. I also have to agree with Matt. Band of Brothers did have an effect on me. The first episode especially, was quite emotionally shocking. Lets just say I've been through half a box of tissues for almost every episode. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]
I liked The Hurricane a lot, but it just didn't have that effect on me. Not the movie, but the story itself was just captivating. We went over it in class and it was one of the best stories I've heard.

The only movie that really got to me this way was A Beautiful Mind. That movie was great and tricked you until near the end. It's great how they captured his life story.
[/color]
Guest boogeta
Posted
Hardball realy touched me I liked the actors in the I think that they did a good job acting and how that is the real life people go through every day
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]To this day, only one movie has ever gotten to me: Edward Scissorhands.

At the end when she tells Edward that she loves him, the face he makes is priceless. The fact that her saying that just once to him basically makes up for his lonely life up to that point means a lot to me for some reason.

Johnny Depp is an amazing actor, I've never seen anyone else show so much just by facial expressions in a movie before, or since, then. [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]yeah, he's awesome. there was this one movie I saw that he was in where he was......I dunno, kind of mentally crazy, I guess. well, he ends up falling in love with this one guy's sister, who also has mental problems. it's a really good movie, I just can't remember the name of it for the life of me, and it's driving me nuts! [/FONT]
Posted
The Cure
The War
Edward Scissorhands
American Beauty
A I Artificial Intelligence
Life as a House
Adventures with the yellow dog
homeward bound
black beauty
the black stallion
fluke
Suicide Kings
There are more but i can't think of them right now.

ahhhhhhhh

To walk with Lions.
Posted
Amibasuki, the movie is called "Benny and Joon."

[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17504[/url] - There is some more information on it here.
Posted
Nothing, really. I've never cried at a movie,but my cousin, he was about 7 at teh time, was crying at Might Joe Young LMAO! And he was trying to hold it in, 'cause when i turned round he was biting his lip an the light from the screen glimmered off all the tears bubling in his eyes! But Braveheart touched me, prolly because i am Scottish :p. Did you know that Bravehart was mostly false, or true but muddled up ;) Just a piontless fact there.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Amibasuki, the movie is called "Benny and Joon."
[/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]yes, that's it! silly me :toothy:. man, that was a good movie. I still think it's funny that he ironed his grilled cheese sandwiches. kind of a sad movie as a whole (to me anway), but I liked the ending.[/FONT]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
When I was about 9 I was watching Shiloh and I cryed, I tryed to hide it though. I almost cried during The Mummy Returns(which is my favorite movie, along with the first one). When Evelyn was stabbed and she was dieing. It was just so sad.. I almost cryed during a movie I saw in 8th grade about Anne Frank, it was an acual movie, not from the History channel or anything. It was just so tragic. It was at school too so I was really trying to hold that in. I almost cryed during 'The History of Trunks' too. I never noticed how emotional movies can really make you, or that there are so many that I almost cryed while watching.
Benny and Joon.. I remember that movie. I saw it in 7th grade, in math for some odd rason. o_O Anyway I didn't like it, I just thought it was strange. Then again I wasn't exactly paying attention either.:o
Guest boogeta
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]To this day, only one movie has ever gotten to me: Edward Scissorhands.

At the end when she tells Edward that she loves him, the face he makes is priceless. The fact that her saying that just once to him basically makes up for his lonely life up to that point means a lot to me for some reason.

Johnny Depp is an amazing actor, I've never seen anyone else show so much just by facial expressions in a movie before, or since, then. [/B][/QUOTE] Yes this movie touched me to but I didnt cry :bawl: okay maybe I did
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]I know two movies that really touched me and both are really sad...the previously mentioned "Schindler's List" and
"Grave of the Fireflies" (an anime film). Incredibly moving presentations that I probably will never forget.[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B][FONT=arial]I really liked the movie I Am Sam. I haven't cried so hard during a movie like that in a long time.
[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Same here ><;
I really, really liked it. It's one of my favorite movies, and each time I see it, I cry even more. I don't [i]ever[/i] remember crying this much watching a movie before... I don't remember why it was so sad, but I remember having alot of trouble hiding my face during the whole movie. ><

Edit: *sees rico's post*

Ack! Schindler's list... I think I remember crying near the end. Until then, I was just horrified... just horrified...

Which reminds me... Lilo and Stitch also made me cry. They kept metioning the word, 'Family', and that really, really crushed me. My parents aren't together anymore, so I had a hard time paying attention through the movie without crying....[/color] [/size]
Posted
Men of Honor was a really touching movie. I've watched the movie repeatedly. It's just amazing. To see the main character overcome all the injustice and tragedy in his life for the purpose of living up to his father's expectations is unforgettable. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who has not seen it. It's very emotional.

I also thought that Forrest Gump was really touching. Tom Hanks' is just innocent and passive in life and despite his limitations, manages to learn and experience more in life than most people ever could.

Lastly, no one can forget the Rocky films. They're the classic "worst to first" movies. I've never met a person who doesn't like Rocky I-IV.
Posted
[color=#507AAC]Now you've met one. ~_^ Hehe.

Anyway, I'd say that the movie that has touched me most in recent memory would be A.I. I think it's probably one of the most underrated movies of all time. People seemed to be expecting some massive revolutionary film...but really, it's kind of inevitable that you'll be dissappointed if you have that attitude.

Edward Scissorhands was also a really touching movie. He was such a tragic character. Movies like that frustrate me sometimes, because the audience can see the good in the character but the other characters in the movie generally can't. [/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...