Hyper Posted November 17, 2002 Posted November 17, 2002 Ususally, when someone PM's me, I get the little windows that pop-up. But now I don't get them anymore. I've had three Messages sent to me, and It took me a while to notice them because I never got the message. I have the option selected for the window yo pop-up, but none of the messages have come that little window. Could someone help me?
Sandy Posted November 17, 2002 Posted November 17, 2002 I don't need any "pop-up"-windows, because every time I come to these pages, I just look at the bottom of the "home"-page, and there I can see if any new PM's have arrived.
Semjaza Posted November 17, 2002 Posted November 17, 2002 Are you sure you haven't accidently deactivated pop-up windows in your options?
Kinetic Posted November 18, 2002 Posted November 18, 2002 [color=darkblue] The same thing is happening to me. I have the pop-up box and when I get messages it doesn't come. It's probably just the new skin though. [/color]
Axel--Ignition Posted November 18, 2002 Posted November 18, 2002 It happens with me sometimes as well.
Hyper Posted November 19, 2002 Author Posted November 19, 2002 Wellt he new skin is better though. It has the little gadget thingy (Don't know what to call it) at the top with your avatar etc. And it shows new mesages. But I sometimes use the old skin, and I don't get pop-ups there. I just wonered where they pop-ups went, because it helps me discover the little mail I have. lol
Warlock Posted November 19, 2002 Posted November 19, 2002 Strange, the pop ups haven't disappeared for me. Quite strange indeed...
Lady Asphyxia Posted November 19, 2002 Posted November 19, 2002 [color=darkred]I don't get them either, however, I just activated the get emailed when you get a private message thingy. That way I know.[/color]
vegeta rocker Posted November 19, 2002 Posted November 19, 2002 This is no problem for someone with no messages............. maybe its because you don't log off completely each time you leave the boards.
Mitch Posted November 19, 2002 Posted November 19, 2002 [color=red] Rather strange. It's either the new skin, or you haven't checked a pop-up window in options...that's all the extent of answers I've come to.[/color]
Guest boogeta Posted November 20, 2002 Posted November 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kinetic [/i] [B][color=darkblue] The same thing is happening to me. I have the pop-up box and when I get messages it doesn't come. It's probably just the new skin though. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Yay the same thing happens to me but it mut be the new skin
Sara Posted November 21, 2002 Posted November 21, 2002 [size=1]It's happened to me a few times in the past. Not often, but enough that I automatically glance at the bottom of the main page to check for them.[/size]
Axel--Ignition Posted November 21, 2002 Posted November 21, 2002 I started doing that too, sometimes it tells me that I don't have any when I really do.
Semjaza Posted November 21, 2002 Posted November 21, 2002 What' browsers are you guys using? I find that it doesn't seem to work properly in Phoenix, which is based off Mozilla. I'm not sure if that means Netscape 6/7 might have problems as well. I've never had this problem in IE6 though.
James Posted November 21, 2002 Posted November 21, 2002 [color=royalblue]For all its many faults, I use IE6...and I've never noticed any real problems in terms of compatibility with OtakuBoards. So, I guess I'd recommend Internet Explorer for browsing these forums. I don't know if this is a browser issue though...but the code that the boards use is the same for everyone. So if everyone is getting a different result, then I can only assume it's a compatability issue of some kind (or a problem with browsers/PCs).[/color]
Axel--Ignition Posted November 25, 2002 Posted November 25, 2002 I use AOL and occasionally IE6. I get the same problems with both servers.
James Posted November 25, 2002 Posted November 25, 2002 [color=#507AAC][size=1]It could even be something to do with your cookies. I really don't know. Some of the problems that arise on the boards are really bizarre -- and since I'm not a technical person, I really don't know how you can fix the problem. I would recommend sending a PM to Shift. He might be of more help to you.[/color][/size]
Mnemolth Posted November 26, 2002 Posted November 26, 2002 Do the people with problems have pop-up killers installed? Just a thought.
James Posted November 26, 2002 Posted November 26, 2002 [color=#507AAC][size=1]That could very well be the case, Mnemolth. Especially considering that the lower bar doesn't flash if you receive a PM (due to the gradient used). Hopefully we can fix that though. ^.^;[/color][/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now