OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network turning into ANIME Network?

The 8th MS Team

Anime in the US is only a money maker.... once they abuse it enough people will stop liking it and it'll just become a fad of the past.... much like pogs......

Anime should be treated with more respect by dubbing companies, but as we see with FUNI, it's obviously treated as a pile of crap, and for that aime will not be as prominant here as it was and STILL is in Japan.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Just a figment of the past.... a little month or 2 month long fad about 5 or so years ago.... oh boy, it was a craze..... if you didn't have pogs you weren't cool! hahahaha American fads... some Japanese ones are worse though 0-0; [/B][/QUOTE]

I have no idea what a pog is... Fads are funny everywhere... Overly cute fads are lots of fun... :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Anime in the US is only a money maker.... once they abuse it enough people will stop liking it and it'll just become a fad of the past.... much like pogs......[/B][/QUOTE]

What? You mean pogs aren't cool anymore? No wonder everyone looks at me funny when I ask them what kind of slammer they have. Oh well, atleast the startrek is still cool.;)

[SIZE=1]I [i]wish[/i] CN was turning into an anime network, but it still shows more normal American cartoons than anime.. :(

I didn't really like pogs, or at least the actual pogs. I collected the slammers! Ya! I had one that weighed 2lbs! (which is heavy for a slammer) but then I sold em all and came out with around $30, woohoo! :D[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I [i]wish[/i] CN was turning into an anime network, but it still shows more normal American cartoons than anime.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
That would be so cool though. Anime all day. Stay tuned to watch your favorite shows. I would probably never get any work done then. *Smiles* :)

I could never fathom pogs myself. My litttle brother had some until I cleaned the room. That the operative words Till I cleaned the room. AS far as anime gos yes it would be nice to see more anime on cartoon network. But remember also that it is devoted almost exclusevly for kids and that some anime no matter how cool is just too rough for kids. However for those of you who have sattelite and get the action channel thay have anime pretty regularly on there.

GUNDAMS KICK @$$
VOLTRON WHIPS TAIL!!!!!
and
GOKU RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :cool: :p :tasty: :laugh: :devil: :angel: :cross: :rolleyes: :eek:

• 3 years later...
At the rate of things the Cartoon Network is going to end up as an anime network. I'm all ready hearing rumors of Naruto and Evangelian coming to the network so it may be only a matter of time till the majority of the programing is anime

Please do not bring back long dead threads. This thread was last active in 2001. Not only that but it isn't even in the correct forum by today's forum regulations. Because of this I am going to lock this thread. The information in this thread is several years old and no longer current.

-Panda