OtakuBoards

.hack//SIGN

James

[color=#808080]I'll be happy to do what I can to answer.

1) Maha does indeed talk without sound. Don't worry, you don't have any problems with your equipment. ^_^

2) I honestly have no idea; I haven't seen the American show.

3) I'm so happy to hear your comments on the site! I haven't had ANY time to work on it lately and as such, it's been REALLY difficult to do updates.

If you'd like to help, please email me at [email][email protected][/email]

I'd love to recruit some staff for theOtaku.com: .hack//SIGN [/color]

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BTW, James> Great banner! I'm not sure where you are in the world but the Wind Waker comes out tomorrow in my neck of the woods.

Thanks for getting back to me so quick. I am more interested now that I know my DVD isn't busted! LOL. Project .hack is so incredible. I think the people who aren't diggin' it haven't tried to experience the whole thing. Once you've watched the OAV, played the game, and watched at least the first five episodes of the series I'm not sure if it's possible not to be, at the very least, intrigued! :)

Now, I wonder -- have any of you caught the influence of Evangelion in this series? This might be a rehashed topic but I'll ask just the same. The character design, if I'm not mistaken, is from the same team that did the Eva characters and I find a number of simlarities between them. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

[color=#808080]Let's remember to keep things under the spoiler tag in here too, if we start discussing things in a deeper fashion.

Anyway, Vorvodoss...I know what you mean about the whole Eva thing. The guy who did character designs in Eva was one of the key designers in .hack//SIGN. In my opinion, character design in this series is just astounding.

By the way, are you still interested in writing for our .hack//SIGN site? I'd love to get some .hack//INFECTION stuff up there too -- once again, if anyone feels they can help out, please email me. I'd greatly appreciate it.[/color]

Did you get my email? Hmmm...

Yeah! I'd love to write for the site. I'm about ten hours into "Infection" and have some thoughts. Are you planning on a Spoiler Section for those so inclined? That's where I'd put some of the analytical stuff I want to write. I could also do a FAQ on the game for you...assuming people want to write in and actually ask the questions! Hehe.

The character design is astounding, I agree. In the dubbed version (I've only seen the first episode subbed so far) the voices sometimes get on my nerves. However, certain characters are designed in such a way that they grate on your nerves if they are meant to (Sora(sp?)) and totally endear themselves to you if intended (Subaru...such a cutie). Much like Rei Ayunami in Eva, great care went into the characters and it pays off.

Since I have only yet seen the first five eps of "Sign" I can't spoil too much...LOL. As far as what the "Guardian" says: that's a really vague question. Tsukasa has a guardian that protects quite physically. Without spoiling, I just want to clarify that his actual "Guardian" does not speak. As far as the other two characters that might be construed as Guardians, one speaks without sound intentionally (see an earlier post on this thread and/or James's .hack//SIGN site for more detail) and one is admittedly cryptic. If you want to send me a private message then we can figure out what's confusing you without ruining it for everyone else, K? Great question though...has me thinking about a lot of things.

OK...I'm going to go watch my demo copy of the first episode of Saiyuki again. What is Saiyuki you may ask? Well, I'm gonna post that in a different thread soon! ;) TTFN

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vorvodoss [/i]
[B]um...did this thread just die out? oh well...bump! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=teal][size=1][b]Wow I didn't know a thread that hasn't been posted in for 2 days was considered dead.Don't spam[/b][/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tsukasa/Squall [/i]
[B]It's a nice banner.I like the backround.Aah,oh yeah getting back to the point.Is .hack Infection a good game to get,because I'm thinking of buying it or Zone of The Enders(?). [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=teal][size=1][b]His/her banner has nothing to do with the topic.PM Vorvodoss if you want to tell him/her that you like the banner.[/b][/size][/color]

Um...wasn't trying to get anyone mad. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "spam" Psyco. The post I made about no one posting was mostly a joke...so sorry if it offended you.

Tsukasa/Squall> .hack//INFECTION is actually a very good game to get. It quite accurately simulates the idea of a MMORPG (for those who don't know: Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) and is fun in that respect. My only warning to you is that the battle system gets a little confusing and so much happens on the screen that it gives me headaches from time to time. But, then again, most games do that to me.

What I will say, to everyone, is that if you are interested in .hack at all then I suggest going all the way. There's no harm in just watching the anime or only reading the manga but I think the story is a little incomplete (not to mention confusing) if you don't see it from all angles. .hack//SIGN takes place before the events in the game but you miss some things (bet you didn't make much of the mention of "Lord Orca" in the series ;)).

Let me know if you get the game and if you enjoy it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 17sniper17
Cyriel=This guy is a jackass he said Gene Starwind sucked! He implied bad things about outlaw start! I SHALL KILL HIM WITH A RUSTY SPATULA. Oh, yeah, .hack//sign. It's currently my favorite anime. I watch(ed) betterman but now it has become silent mobious which isn't as good. Techtv should just show betterman over and over lol. Trigun is cool too. ANYWAY again .hack//sign is cool because of the fact that it's about video games, which I love. Also because of the music, the characters, teh plot. All that corny stuff. Wait, what exactly was the point of this message? Oh well, HENTAI IS EVIL!

• 2 weeks later...
I hated Betterman! It was so stupid! even though Jonathan Love played that one freeky deeky guys voice. but anyways, .Hack//sign is one of my fav. animes. I really like Krim/Crim, he kicks some butt. Iv been downloading as much music from .Hack//sign as i can. Its a very good anime, i just wish that they would put it on Toonami. It would only take about a month to go threw the series. ]
Iv never seen Trigun, but Vash looks cool. Vashstampede,member, keeps on drawing him at school.

ive never seen hack sign but i was thinking of getting it and the ps2 game but i dont want ta waste my money so would any of you reccomend me buying them, my friend has seen it she says it its great, but i need more than one opion

• 2 weeks later...