OtakuBoards

.hack//SIGN

James

[color=#507AAC]Hehe, it's not called "hack dot". It's called .hack//INFECTION vol. 1

And Cyko..the first ten episodes or so are rather boring. When you reach 11 and 12, you'll start noticing that the story uncovers dramatically.

This isn't for the average Dragonball lover; it requires patience and attention to understand what's going on. [/color]

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I can finally speak about this show. ^_^ Anyway, I just got finished watchin the first episode on Toonami, and so far, it looks pretty decent. Confusing...but decent.

The main flaws I saw in this was 1. They didnt truly introduce the characters, 2. They didnt mention how the kid got into the game in the first place, and 3. Some of the music was annoying. Mainly that one that sounded like some stuff Steve Urkle would listen(it was only played in 1 scene, but still)

Now the good points I've seen is awesome animation, the battle with that kid and that guard(I dont even know their names, and I didnt search the entire thread to see the names of the characters)towards the end up the episode was pretty decent. Short, but good. And finally, that scene where that thing that boy was ridin kept runnin into the walls(lookin for the door)was pretty funny.

But all in all, the first ep was pretty good. Hopefully within the next few episodes they'll explain it more(or I may just ask James or somethin. ^_^). But this was a pretty good openin ep. Cant wait to see and record the rest. :D

[color=#507AAC]Hehe, glad to hear that you liked it.

You won't actually find out why Tsukasa is stuck in The World until at least halfway through; and probably a bit later than that, too.

The first ten episodes or whatever actually provide some background and set up the characters' relationships with one another.

However, once it gets about halfway...it starts getting [i]really[/i] intense. Just wait. [/color]

[spoiler]You know the ending, where you see the girl laying in her apartment by the computer? And it's all freaky and stuff? Well, you'll be seeing that a [i]lot[/i] more later on. And just wait 'till you see how they talk and stuff during those sequences. It's really freaky. lol But it's very good...also; when you see more scenes like that...please pay close attention. Some of the early scenes show some extremely important visual details that flash past in a matter of seconds. Those who pay attention will be greatly rewarded. [/spoiler]

I saw it as well, and recorded it. ;)

Overall, it was pretty good. The animation was the smoothest I've ever seen in a series, but there wasn't too much action. I suppose that's a good thing though, to take a break from constant fighting and focus more on the story at hand.

I'm with Jinzo in the sense that they should have provided more background information. Granted, the series has yet to unfold, but in my position, I would have really liked to see how he got into the World and such. They play out the first episode like your suposed to know what's going on. On the other hand, it's kind of cool that they do that, and then axplain the background later on. We shall see...

[spoiler]As for that end scene, I thought that was really cool and mysterious, as it's impied that she went unconscience from playing in The World. At first, I guess I wasn't looking at the face too well, and thought that it may have been the kid who was stuck. Thanks for clearing that up, James.[/spoiler]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=teal]
I just saw it, and now i want to make a banner :P. It's a great anime, and I'm going to watch it alot now. I didn't catch the names, but thats what the internet is for (Not really...) And my favorite seen was with the Puchiguso ^_^.

I'm surprised your not making a RPG james *elbow.*

[/size][/color]

I watched it today and i agree they should have had background information.And just like you guys i liked the animation and i liked the main character he seems real weird!:DI will be watching this show for now on.But we have to wait a week for the next episode that sucks:( I cant wait to find out who that cat is!:D

[color=#507AAC]Okay, let me clarify a little.

Tsukasa "got in" to The World in the same way as everyone else -- by using a computer and VR headset.

The difference is that he can't log out or even reset his computer.

At this point, there is no [i]need[/i] to know why; because the first part of the series dedicates itself to the relationships between Tsukasa and his other online friends. During that time, you will see some flashbacks/black & white videos, however, which will provide some valuable insights into real life.

As for an RPG...you'll just have to wait and see. ~_^[/color]

Saw this show on Saturday too. Thank god I beta tested Everquest Online Adventures, otherwise I wouldn't have understood this at all... Anyway, the show was really interesting to me. Tsukusa (sp?) is one usual character, also the fact that he can't log out of "The World" intrigues me. Story wise I can tell this show is gonna be great. After watching the dub (which didn't sound too bad) I went ahead and got the next 2 shows subtitled. As James said, the beginning deals with the character development and alot happens within the next 2 shows. So far I only picked up one downside to the show and that is it isn't very long. 26 or so episodes to boot however there seems to be a second season being aired in Japan. I don't have the patience for once a week series like this so expect a later post for the whole package. Love the art and the music.

[COLOR=blue]Okay, I have another question for you guys. Since it's out on Toonami, (and I can't watch it. I don't have cable.) Do they have a release date for the DVDs? And would you recommend buying them, or should I spend my money on another series? Thanks for the help.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I don't know the release dates. Sorry, but I do know that it is a great series. As James said, buy 3 when you do get some. That way, you don't get bored with the first 9 eps. It's a great series though.

I was going to say that there was something fishy in the first episode. I don't know if toonami edited it out, or if it never told you: that he told the girl (Masato) that he couldn't log-out. But I was wandering about that from when I saw it. I know the answer now.

For some reason, when I thought of Sukasa, I thought of Elk from .hack//INFECTION. Maybe because of there face, and there hat. But elk has blu-ish dark-ish hair. It's cool.[/size]

[color=#507AAC]Spikey, the reason that Tsukasa and Elk look similar is that they are both in the same character class.

Remember, the characters you see in The World are the digital creations of real-world players. So, the real world counterparts are obviously different.

For instance, the person who controls the character "Bear" is actually a lonely guy in his mid 40's who writes novels for a living. Though he has yet to get anything published. So he spends a lot of time online.

Early on, you do get to see who Mimiru is in real life. That's very cool; but you have to look carefully. That's why taping these episodes (or better yet, buying them on DVD) is [i]really[/i] worthwhile. I forget which episode it is...I think it's about six or seven, where we see a real life glimpse of Mimiru. It's very cool.

The mystery behind Tsukasa is indeed very complex. I haven't seen the entire series yet (haven't had time to keep watching lately)...but I can tell you that there are some MAJORLY unexpected things happening.

In other words...you will be [i]totally[/i] flawed when you find out some of the details surrounding Tsukasa. I can't think of any other anime with such a massive plot surprise. lol[/color]

ok, i promise i am not lying i had a dream aboght this anme last night.I didn't even no it was a anme .I think that is funny but strange at the same time.Dous the main character have silverish whiteish hare and have scratch like marks on his face ? If he dous i have gone crazy he was in my dream last night.I think i have gone crazzzzzzzzzyyyyyyy.!HELP ME!
Hiei
one eye sees the future the other the past and the third the present.

All right. I know this is a bit belated, but here's what I thought of the first 2 episodes.

Episode 1: Role Play
It was quite interesting. The visuals were flawless, music was beautiful and ethereal, and the dub was good (except Tsukasa's voice sounded a bit strange to me... not to say I don't like it, though). Unlike a few others here, I thought it was *cool* that they didn't give any back-story. That way, it does an even better job at making you want to see more. I basically understood what was going on (my best friend didn't ^_^;;). The only thing I need to rewatch is the conversation between the Crimson Knight Ginkan/Silver Knight and Subaru.

Episode 2: Guardian
Yes! Sora's first appearance! ^o^ *ahem* The visuals and music were, again, quite impressive. My only complaint is that there wasn't that much new BGM played in this episode, except for during Sora's appearance (very goofy song, anybody know the name of it?) and the conversation between Subaru and another Crimson Knight (I don't think it was Ginkan). Well, all in all, these episodes were interesting. I will definitely be buying the DVDs.

• 2 weeks later...
I decided to sign up on this board due to the topic at hand.. I am a BIG fan of .hack//sign, and would like to tell everyone they should REALLY consider watching all of the episodes. The story, characters, and animation are all amazing. This anime comes in second place as my fav. series, falling behind Cowboy Bebop(best anime ever).

I've seen the entire series once, and am watching it a second time as we speak, I am at episode 13 right now. If anyone is interested, I may put them all up on my FTP, unless I can get in trouble for that.. not exactly sure.

Anyway, to the site admin, if you need any help with episode summarys, please let me know, as I have seen it all once, and will be finished watching it again soon.

Its a great anime, and I recomend everyone check it out. Second anime to make me cry, falling once again, behind cowboy bebop.

[color=#808080]Stryfe, I'm afraid we would not allow you to advertise full episodes to be downloaded. It's illegal and we are strongly against any illegal practices.

However, if you're interested in helping me out with the .hack site (which I run at the moment), please email me at [email][email protected][/email]

[/color]

• 4 weeks later...
Hey all. I just started reading the forums here but this anime is the reasons I came to this site in the first place. I'm playing the game, have watched the OAV twice, love the tv show...yeah, I'm hooked. Though Evangelion is still my favorite there is something very powerful and sometimes overwhelming about .hack.

I posted a couple questions on another thread but I'll repeat them here:

1. The little cat creature in the tv show sometimes speaks without sound. Is this normal or is my DVD messed up? I'm asking that you do NOT spoil anything for me. If it starts making sound later or never does, that's fine...just tell me my DVD is normal.

2. Mimiru's dubbed voice is the same as Asuka's isn't it? This is less a question than a plea for confirmation.

OK...love the site! Oh, and James, if you would like any help on the site let me know. I am a writer and would love the chance to not only write reviews of each episode but possible start a series of analytical articles delving into the importance of .hack.