OtakuBoards

Moderators and members?

Barrel_Dragon19

You become moderator through hard work or a very high lever of knowledge about a subject, ie Anime and Gaming.

But in the end, it's really up to the Admin's to decide.

Also, word of advice, you do not become a moderator by asking. If you ask, any chance you had flies out the window

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:) Well it's some of what you guys said and well the only way to really answer that or best describe it is probably this sentence in the rules.

[quote]Staff are also members, but with greater responsibility. Staff are chosen from within our community and are usually chosen for their close following of the rules and their relationships within the community.[/quote]

I think that probably best answers your question. ;)

You also asked how to become a member. Member, among other things including Newbie, Junior Member, Otaku, etc., are based on number of posts - someone who is at one of the higher levels should be able to tell you. EDIT: There's a thread "Ranks" in this forum.

[quote]I'm just asking if it's a number of posts or is it a friend basis...[/quote]...Either? Posts dont matter, neither does friendship. I'm sure it is probably just noticable dedication, and James notices, or has been informed of, and decides to appoint the position if its needed.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Barrel_Dragon19 [/i]
[B][FONT=arial]How do you get to be a moderator or member?[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] I'll tell you something right now--being a mod is much more than it seems. It may seem cool having power, to the corrupt I suppose, but it much more than it is taken to be. You have to deal with people getting sometimes rather defensive and angry for doing your job, and a lot of responisbility is also in the job.

I don't do it for the power, I don't do it for the reverence, I do purely out of my love and constant admiration for these wonderful boards I stumbled onto.

How do you become a mod? Well, I'd say one the main things is how you act on these boards. If you are yourself, and you are respectful, and kind, and considerate, then you have a chance. If you have good things to say, good thoughts, interesting ideas, then you've got a chance.

But, most of all, you have to fully understand the impact of your placing as a mod. You have to see not as being on top of everyone else--but giving back for what the boards have given you.

So, to say it bluntly, you don't become a mod, you sort of earn it over long periods of time. And as I said before, being a mod isn't all it's cracked up to be. But, as long as I can say I gave back to the boards, and that I made a difference, and that I learned something, then, it is worth it.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][color=red] I'll tell you something right now--being a mod is much more than it seems.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]You got that right. @_@'
I'm not a moderator here, or on any other boards, but I have to put up with some strange people everyday at theotaku Chat. I'm a op there, so I have to put up with people like that all the time.

It might sound cool, but if I kick someone for misbehaving, you don't know how many hate pm's I get. @_@
And, it's alot harder than it may seem. Like what smi- *cough* mitch said. ^_^'[/color] [/size]

Okay. That's enough. There was another topic stating much of what this is about, and the main question has been answered as well. Don't anyone post in here again. Anything you say will most likely be repeating what someone else said.

[color=#507AAC]Moderators should really stick to moderating in their own forums. Medra is right though; the discussion has run its course. But because he does not moderate this forum, he is unable to close the topic.

So I'll do it for him. ^_^[/color]