Mist Posted November 29, 2002 Posted November 29, 2002 [color=crimson][size=1] First of all, I would like to say this poem means very much to me, and for the first time, I would rather no criticism on this one. Okay? Okay. [B]Next to Nothing[/B] [i] You barely even know, yet you say you care. You haven't even seen me, but you're always there. You never question what I say, or tell me what to think. You suprise me in so many ways, it's hard for me to speak. You never tell me lies, and I somehow fell to trust you. You seem to know what I'm really saying, even if I told you not to. You can always read my thoughts, and know when something's wrong. And yet you never pressure me, but I know you're for the long... Well, I guess this is getting sappy, and I guess little weird, maybe even a little gross... but I just wanna say thanks. What you may say might be little to you, but next to nothing it's pretty much everything.[/i][/color][/size]
Deedlit Posted November 29, 2002 Posted November 29, 2002 [color=009966]That's a great poem, Mist. ^_~ Not surprising though since you're one of the best poets on here. ^_-[/color]
Boo Posted November 29, 2002 Posted November 29, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarkOrderKnight [/i] [B]A very good poem Evelyn. :) [/B][/QUOTE] You said it how it is DoK
Dan L Posted November 29, 2002 Posted November 29, 2002 That was great. There's a very specific reason why I think that poem is.. well.. [i]brilliant[/i], and really touching.. but I won't go into it ^^. I'll just stick with "great poem" ;)
Mist Posted November 29, 2002 Author Posted November 29, 2002 [color=crimson][size=1] Deed...for the [i]last[/i] time, I'm just like any other poet, kk? Thanks DEM. I'm far from brilliant, but I'll take the praise. ^^ D_A, thanks. ^_~[/color][/size]
Dan L Posted November 29, 2002 Posted November 29, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mist [/i] [B][color=crimson][size=1] Thanks DEM. I'm far from brilliant, but I'll take the praise. ^^[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] Brilliance is a very subjective thing. I loved the poem... someone else might hate it. I thought it was brilliant ;)
spike speigel Posted November 30, 2002 Posted November 30, 2002 I agree with Deus ex Machina. The poem was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
Mist Posted November 30, 2002 Author Posted November 30, 2002 [color=crimson][size=1] Thanks, SS. I appreciate the praise.[/color][/size]
RicoTranzrig Posted November 30, 2002 Posted November 30, 2002 [color=darkblue]Good poetry always comes from the heart :D That person must me a lot to you.[/color]
Mist Posted November 30, 2002 Author Posted November 30, 2002 [color=crimson][size=1] Yup; he's family! ^^[/color][/size]
BearsBaby635 Posted November 30, 2002 Posted November 30, 2002 [color=blue] It's SOOO cool, Mist! I love it! ^_^ you keep it up.[/color]
Mist Posted November 30, 2002 Author Posted November 30, 2002 [color=crimson][size=1] *salutes* Will do, captain![/color][/size]
Mitch Posted November 30, 2002 Posted November 30, 2002 [color=red] I liked it all except the last stanza. The last stanza seemed a little drawn out, but all in all, I liked it. It's very thought trodding. Oh, and it's also nice to finally see you back. I hope your moving and all went well.[/color]
Mist Posted November 30, 2002 Author Posted November 30, 2002 [color=crimson][size=1] Oh, I'm not back. I only have internet access for a coupld of more hours before I dissappear into thin air again. Actually, I liked the last stanza. I had to have something out of order; I don't like the perfectly in-tuned poetry that a lot of Otaku members prefer. Perfection drives me nuts.[/color][/size]
::Ex-Soldier:: Posted December 1, 2002 Posted December 1, 2002 I'm not a very good poet, so I would never know if it was a great poem or not...but I liked it. Nice effort.
Juu Posted December 1, 2002 Posted December 1, 2002 [color=deeppink] [size=1]Was this one of the poems you were telling me about? ^^; Or... were they something else? Anyway, graet as usual Evelyn! You need to post more of your poetry here!! Get back here!! ><;;[/color] [/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now