OtakuBoards

The Two Towers!...

Kent

Damn! this game is beautiful.

I couldnt believe it.

Tons and tons of enemies, no slow down.

Amazing graphics.

Flat out, this is one of the best ps2 games out there.

I couldnt believe it.

Only beef... too short.

I rented it tonight at about 10. Its two o'clock right now and Im on the final level.

Even with the short gameplay, its amazing.

The game tops the list in games to buy, well, atleast for right now.

No matter what, I suggest this game to everyone.

I know that the people here havent played much of it, because if the boards had, there would already be a thread.

So, have you played it? What did you think?

If you haven't, ask your questions.

Bottom line. out of ten, I give this game 8 or 9.

I have heard that the had excelent ghraphics. According to gameplay, this game is very confusing at the begging. Although, that's just because you have to complete something very hard.

I have never played the game, I just read about it. I'm sure it's very good.

Yea, I dont even think I can stress enough how much I liked this game.

I beat it now, and Ive gotten a bunch of stuff. Im working on beating it with the other charactors too.

Its really a great game.

As for the begining, its not really all that hard.

And the gameplay itself is actually pretty nice. It doesnt bog you down with lock-ons that are hard to control. But it doesnt give you a hard time trying to attack the correct target.

It really is one of the best hack-n-slash ever. All I have to do is get my hands on dynasty warriors 3 so I can figure out what the diffinitive game of the genre is.

Even if one is better than the other, lotr:tt is still an awesome game that is going to be in my personal collection first chance I get.

I must say that its an odd type of replay value. The kind thats not based around unlocking hidden stuff (which there is a little of), its more like the replay value of a tetris. Just plain out fun to play, keep you coming back for more, no need for secrets, replay.

Im not gonna go on too much because I wanna see what everyone else has to say.(threads are no fun with just one person)

So, whats up?
-------------------------------------
Came back to mention that I have beat this game down now, and its mostly all unlocked. Ive got all the codes, the hidden charactor and of course that means all the levels including the secret are beaten.

I haven't however, beaten the game with all of the main charactors, most of the moves and what not are unlocked for the elf, and the dwarf is still getting work, but the human has gotten everything.

Now I have to beat the game with the elf and the dwarf, its gonna be alot harder.

Oh well, keep the post on the game coming I love it.

Hmm I read that this game had very lengthy Gameplay but I guess it depends on how you play it.
On my list of games I want to buy or have bought for me for Christmas, it is at the top. The reviews look excelletn and I just cant wait to get it, well I hopefully should have it. I hope it is a lengthy game but thats a decision I'm going to have to make for myself.

Well, actually, the game really is a bit short on the side of completion.

But, I cant stress enough the replay value of the game. Not for unlockables, but simply for the fun.

As for who you can be, I will try with names but I will also give descriptions.

Arogon- son of the former king. The man protecting froto, who gets it on with liv tyler.

legolas- the elf with the awesome bow skills

gimli- the dwarf with the mean beard and strong axe.

Then there is a secret charactor, youll have to rent it and beat it to find that one out.

But I do wanna stress, rent the game first.

Although I have nothing but praise, it is short enough that you can unlock almost everything in two frantic days of playing while locked away in your room. (not that I did that... uh, ok, I did.)

But still the game is great, the graphics are really, really the best Ive seen on a ps2 with out going into cell shading.

And the show that gave the game 5 out of 5 was extended play.

That should speak for itself.

Guest QuickSilver
I love this game, sadly i have nearly done everything possible on it :) but the replay value is great and love doing the thrid part of the battle of helms deep

Im willing to bet that you could find out from a reliable source called tech tv, extended play. They usually tell it like it is, and might even have pictures on their web site. Im sure with a little looking around you could find something.

The odd thing about the quality of the graphics is that the game play graphics are better than the cut scenes. No Joke!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I was rather pleased with this game for only two major exceptions, one of them being the game is really really short took me 2 hours to beat including the secret missions. Another major gripe with this game is the fact that it basically contains major spoilers of the movie Two Towers....overall its a decent game.

Guest QuickSilver
Yeah it did contain spoilers but if you had read the books then you would have known what was going to happen. A funny story- this boy i know said the grahics were the same as Crash bandicoots 0.0 so i hit him.

I wouldn't have even taken a second look second glance at this game, seeing as that it's a game based off a movie; such titles usually arn't that great. They are made by companies who put the game together quickly and figure that they'll make a lot of money with the title anyway.

However, from what is said here, and accounts from friends, it seems like a decent game. I'll rent it first though, heh.

Actually, the truth about the game is that if it was longer, it would be worth buying hands down.

The game is amazing, no doubt about it. Its just too damn short. Other wise, its an awesome game for which I have nothing but praise.

[color=deeppink] [size=1]My cousin didn't let me play for more than a few secs, but the graphics were awesome! ^_^
The battle for helms deep really made me feel as if I was watching the movie again, only [i]in[/i] the battle! I'm really excited for the game for 'return of the King'. I'm really anxious to see what the game for it will look like.

If they make a game, that is. ^^;[/color] [/size]

Well I've been playing for a while and all I can say is the last part of Helms deep is painful. Also on it's plus side is you can reinact parts of the film without spending tons of money on the Games Workshop tabletop battle game.

• 2 weeks later...
That game is evil, I tells ya. Evil!!

If you would've asked me a few days ago, I would've told you that it was one of the best game I've ever played. However, since having to defend that rickety old gate with less than a thimble of life at Helm's Deep (and losing just before destroying the catapult), I have decided that this game is the most evil of all video games ever made. I don't know how you "gamer" types beat that level, but I still think it's evil.

[color=navy]I just got the game for christmas and I love it! My favorite character to play would be Legolas because well...I love elves! I admit that I have never tried Gimli just because I didn't really want to...My cousin almost beat the whole game in a few days so now I know that its really really short...[/color]

[color=indigo][size=1]This was the first game we got on the PS2 and I thought it was fun at first. But then I got bored with it really quick. I mean sure, it's beautiful and you get to play as Legolas, but it's so EASY. I mean, it's TOO easy. They could have made it a little more challenging and a bit more interactive.[/color][/size]