OtakuBoards

Worst Final Fantasy

Guest Tyco

[size=3][color=crimson][font=centruy gothic]mystic quest, then 8, then 7, then tattics, then 3, then 2, then legend 3, legend 1, adventure, 9, and the best was the original

and 7 and 8 were bad cause they had no class sytem... everyone was the same got annoying now that i think about it[/font][/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B][COLOR=blue]Thats a lie! mistic quest never "started" final fantasy. Final Fantasy 1 did[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
ok and what system might ff1 be on? i have mostly all the games 4 snes so it couldnt be snes

[size=3][color=crimson][font=centruy gothic]yes MQ was on the snes and FF original was on nes... but MQ sucked sooooooooo bad they almost cancled he series, and then decided to make FF 2 and try over, so in NO WAY did FF MQ revive anythin, it did not start the series it almost killed it, and anyway between FF and FF2 wasnt all that long so i dont know where you think MQ made the series.... tell you the truth BoF helped make the series more than MQ did just cause they were the same company[/font][/color][/size]

Guest Majin Gohan
I'd have to say 8 because I haven't played the original 3 on NES or any of the side ones like MQ and Legends

[color=indigo]I can't really comment on the older generation of FF games, as I haven't had enough play time with them all.

For the modern ones, it's hard to say. FF Tactics wasn't really a part of the main series and I think that it's visual style really turned a lot of people off. But the underlying depth hasn't been matched by any other game out there.

Out of the modern three, I'd say that FFIX was the worst. It had absolutely no character or plot development whatsoever. The story was dry and cliched and had the most predictable plot twists.

Sure, it had the nicest visual style and battle systems, but the core of a FF game is its storyline. And in that department, FFIX was incredibly weak.

[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I can't really comment on the older generation of FF games, as I haven't had enough play time with them all.

For the modern ones, it's hard to say. FF Tactics wasn't really a part of the main series and I think that it's visual style really turned a lot of people off. But the underlying depth hasn't been matched by any other game out there.

Out of the modern three, I'd say that FFIX was the worst. It had absolutely no character or plot development whatsoever. The story was dry and cliched and had the most predictable plot twists.

Sure, it had the nicest visual style and battle systems, but the core of a FF game is its storyline. And in that department, FFIX was incredibly weak.

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i have to disagree majorly w/ you there... tactics... while not the best grapics... was what i have to expect from a FF game... FUN... and 9 while not the deepest game... i had a lot of fun... zidane is a lot like me... that whole happy go lucky idea... i mean... how many people can have there fiance cheat... and not give a shiit? and even have a new gf in 2 weeks lol...
whereas FF 7 was a shock to the system... it only had the storyline for me... cause i had known for a while what the system would be... and 8 was flat our boring... i still not sure exactly what happened there... too much storyline... and a very bad battle system w/ the juntion... plus neither had the best thing about FF... the class system... i didnt notice it when i played it... but now that 9 is out... and i have thought about it... they suck w/o it... it would be cool to have them, can you see... cloud is ur knight, tifa your white mage, barret your "dragoon", yuffie ur ninja, vincent another knight, red 13 and cait sith... beasts... and aeris your summoner... that would have made the game better[/size][/font][/color]

you people are crazy, how could you not like ff tactics? it is one of my favourite ff games....

and I agree with kuja, a class system in ff7 would have made it even better than it already is, maybe the class system will be added to the ff7 revamp for the ps2....