OtakuBoards

Red Alert: Siegecraft

Flash

[I][B]10:36pm, Soviet Atlantic Command Centre, New York.[/B][/I]

[I]A man strode through the corridoors of the facility. Open commander's Jacket, laden with medals, exposing a white T-shirt beneath. On his forehead sat a pair of large goggles, the type used by gunners on the field. His pants were a dark red colour, baggy, and he wore a pair of black combat boots.

A door in front of him read 'Weapon Research and Development'. He entered, and was greeted by a group of labcoat wearing scientists. Most of them were males, in their mid to late forties, but there were a few younger men and women in the room. One man, with short-cropped grey hair, and round glasses approached him, smiling beneath his moustache.[/I]

[B]Dr. Vchekon:[/B] Good evening, Comrade General.

[B]Flash:[/B] Good evening... Doctor, do you have my weapons ready?

[B]Dr. Vchekon:[/B] Of course, Sir.

[I]Another Scientist walked up to Vchekon and handed him a briefcase, black, with a Red Hamer and Sickle printed on one side of it. Dr Vchekon nodded, and handed it to General Flash. Flash grinned as he recieved the package. Opening it, he found three pairs of weapons. For him, Twin Tesla Magnums.[/I]

[B]Dr. Vchekon:[/B] The very finest in design and power, Sir. The power cells have enough energy to fire roughly fifteen shots. The clips are rechargable.

[I]Flash nodded, and shifted his gaze to the next set of weaponary; A pair of .45s.[/I]

[B]Dr. Vchekon:[/B] Ah, the Forty-fives. It was hard, but we made them work. With Tesla-powered Electromagnesis, we've achieved a weapon that fires bullets at ballistic speeds. And the best thing is that it takes standard ammunition, eighteen bullets a clip.

[I]The General nodded. These weapons were for his Brother, Arano, most commonly known as Blank. He shifted his gaze to the final set of weapons. Two Uzi-sub machine guns.[/I]

[B]Dr. Vcheckon:[/B] The 'special' you ordered, Sir. It rapidly fires small pellets of Tesla energy. The clips each hold approximately one hundred rounds, but be careful, it does chew through them quickly.

[I]Flash grinned, and closed the briefcase, gripping it tightly with his right hand. Casually saluting the Scientists, Flash left the R&D lab, the briefcase held securely next to him. He walked through the near-empty corridoors, passing the occasional guard, heading for the offcers lounge. He knew his brother was waiting there.[/I]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=crimson]OOC: Duo, you didnt make the final cut on the RPG.
---

[b]Ken[/b]: Ah Amerikans make horrid cafe'..

Ken sipped his steaming hot coffee slowly, grimiacing at the taste of it, and glanced at the set of computer screens infront of him, various reports appearing infront of him.

He was set up in an empty hotel in northern New Jersey, a small town called Mawawah [30 miles from New York], now mostly devoid of life, except for the few looters that were now takeing the stocks of whatever they could break into. News of what had happened in New York, and in many other areas across the United States had sent shockwaves through this, and most every area of the country.

[b]Ken[/b]: What a mess.. This is horrible. New York.. We didnt zee it coming..

[b]Commando[/b]: Ze commander will be back from his scouting soon. We will strike back soon enough, Capitain.

Ken shook his head slowly, setting his empty cup of coffee down on the dresser in the quaint room, getting up and walking slowly twards the window. He pulled the curtain back slightly, glancing outside, sliding against the wall to hide himself from veiw if anyone was out there.

[b]Ken[/b]: Mmm..

Grabbing his pistol, Ken jogged to the door and opened it, running to the stairwell. The door to the stairwell flew open, as his superior came out, glancing to Ken and nodding.

[b]Ken[/b]: Ah. Commander Hardy, What is ze good news?

[b]Commander Hardy[/b]: What good news?

Ken frowned and Hardy closed the stairwell door slowly and quietly, motioning for Ken to follow him into the Command Center. Following Hardy, he walked in and sat down..[/color]

[i][b] 11:22am, The Dragonia Estate, Marseille. [/i][/b]

[i]A man sits on a beach chair, the shade of his pergola protecting him from the scorching sun. This was one of the only places left in France not riddled with empty bullet cases, and stains of blood on the once innocent cobble stoned streets. Now they tell a story, a story of a countries hunger to dominate, and a story of one mans mission to dominate, Romanov.

The man is dressed in shorts and an open shirt, with a laptop resting on his knees. He takes a sip of his drink, whilst browsing through the CNN website now riddled with pictures of the people fallen victim to the soviets gas. Pictures of school children still at there desks, but no longer at this world. The gas was invisible, odourless, and fatal. To think... this man helped to invent this gas. Now only he knows a way to stop it. It is only a matter of time before he is required to...[/i]

[b]Cellphone:[/b] *Ring ring*

[i]The man powers down his laptop, and picks up the phone.[/i]

[b]Cid:[/b] Cid here...
[b]Colonal:[/b] Cid... it's here.. It?s reached America, we need you.
[b]Cid:[/b] Funny how you didn?t need me when it was killing millions in Europe, or England, or Iceland...
[b]Colonal:[/b] Cid, this is no time to **** about the bush. Either you will co-operate with us or not, we have some guys who are highly trained in Bio-organic-gases and wi..
[b]Cid:[/b] I don't care how many Harvard graduates you have there, i work alone. and i work under my conditions.
[b]Colonal:[/b] Fine, see you at 0900 tomorrow, New York. I trust you have your own transp...
[b]Cid:[/b]*Beep... beep*

[i]Cid stood up and turned to a small metal staircase at the side of the deck, he pressed a button on the handrail, opening a panel on the wall with a small slot. He reached behind his neck, and unclipped a golden Halberd, previously hanging around his neck, he inserted into the hole and proceeded down the stair case through the open doorway in the woodpile, into his underground hanger.[/i]

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Lacroix dropped to the ground, taking the sentry out with him. The high metal fence, now behind him, rocked slightly as the body hit it, then settled. Lacroix monkey ran to the left, heading for the largest building in the compound.

About twenty metres away from the single door, Lacroix stopped, alighting beside a military jeep. He could see two pair of boots, about 17 metres away. Lacroix silently got to his feet, ducking back into the shadows. Calmly, he waited. Several privates walked past him, only three metres away, laughing and talking amongst themselves. None of them noticed a thing. Lacroix looked up, estimating the time of night. About time for a watch change, certainly. Some high ranking officer walked past, and the sentries snapped to attention. Lacroix sidled closer, keeping low. The sentries stayed fast for several moments after whoever he was left, in case he should look back. Lacroix took his chance.

The first guard spun at the slight scraping noise behind him. he was greeted by Lacroix's foot. Lacroix had rushed in, leapt, and snapped off a right leg turning kick in the air. The guard's head snapped back, and the fool brought it up just as Lacroix spun, his left leg trailing, to strike the man's temple with his heel.

Lacroix dropped and rolled, coming up in front of the second guard. The man hesitated, and Lacroix smashed the side of his head with a right inner crescent. As his foot touched the ground, he leaped off it and spun, a right outer crescent taking the second man down, hard. Lacroix gathered the two bodies up, throwing them under the jeep. Both seemed alive.

The next two sentries would merely assume their predecessors had left early.

Lacroix opened the door slowly, and darted inside. Three corridors opened up in front of him. Without thought, he took the centre one. A large, important looking door stood at the end of it, unguarded. Lacroix leapt, and the door shattered inwards under a side kick. Lacroix rolled, and came up with a drawn katana. A spin and a lunge put his blade at the throat of a surprised looking general.[/I]

Lacroix: That makes it me 7, you nil, my esteemed General Riggs.

[I]The general pushed the point of the sword away and stood up, looking rueful.[/I]

Riggs: Alright, you win. Wasn't it best out of seven originally? Then you stopped playing and did it for real...

Lacroix: Basically. And you still lost, even without orders not to kill.

Riggs: That said, did you kill anyone?

Lacroix: There are three unconscious bodies out there. One near the fence, the other two underneath that jeep out there.

Riggs: That a record?

Lacroix: No. Fifth time I got in here, I came in without having to incapacitate anyone.

Riggs: Did you have to this time?

Lacroix: No. I was just cutting down the odds.\

[I]Riggs sighed, and looked around. He pointed to a stern looking gentlemen seated at the far end of the table. The man got up, and walked up to Lacroix, looking at him in disgust.[/I]

Man: You think you're a bit of a hotshot, don't you? Well, I must say a few years of intense service might give you a bit of reason to claim that.

[I]Lacroix smiled ironically, and the man kept talking.[/I]

Man: You realise I could kill you, right now, without any diffic....

[I]He looked down at the knife poking into his solar plexus. The man looked incensed for a second, then relented, and started laughing.[/I]

Man: Let me guess, as I was walking over to you, when my eyes flicked over at General Riggs here.

Lacroix: Yes. The one up my other sleeve came out when you reached me though.

Man: But you're not in a position to strike with it...

[I]Lacroix nodded once, and looked at Riggs.[/I]

Lacroix: Well?

Riggs: This is Wind. He's your new superior.

[I]Lacroix looked back at "Wind". He was slightly taller than Lacroix, about 6"1. He had blond hair, unfashionably long for the military. He was quite thin, yet moved with an easy grace. His eyes took in Lacroix's gaze for a second, then surveyed the rest of the room within his arc of vision. Lacroix suddenly spun his hand up and out, a looping backfist to Wind's head. Wind caught it an inch away from his face, and twisted. Lacroix went with the move, throwing Wind over his head and freeing his hand.[/I]

Wind: You're right, he is good. So, when do we get started?

Riggs: Now.

Lacroix: Started?

Riggs: You're aware the Soviets have been giving us some problems. You're part of the group that is going to fix them.

Lacroix: Pain in the ***. Forget it.

Riggs: What else do you have to do? Practice breaking into this place?

Lacroix: ...shut up.[/font][/color]

[color=darkblue]
[b]15: 32 PM[/b]

[i]A man walks into a building full of young men wearing newly acquired camoflouge. The enlistment office was full of people from many ethnicities and characteristics.

He walks over to the counter where a man is typing rapidly on an ancient computer.[/i]

[b]Enlistment officer:[/b] How may I help you?

[b]Zylics:[/b] I would like to enroll in the army.

[b]Enlistment officer:[/b] First of all, what's your name?

[b]Zylics:[/b] They called me Zylics whilst I was in there.

[i]The enlistment officer looks at him oddly, typing 'Zylics' onto the computer. The engine turns up no responses.[/i]

[b]Enlistment officer:[/b] There is no record of a 'Zylics' in here.

[b]Zylics:[/b] Well, of course you silly boy, it was a nickname given to me in there. I thought people had some sense, really. My real name is Jonathon Griffin.

[i]The enlistment officer runs the search once more and many records and files show up. He pulls up one and starts reading the screen. His eyes widen.[/i]

[b]Enlistment officer:[/b] I'm sorry, but I cannot allow you to join here, at least not today.

[b]Zylics:[/b] And why is that?

[i]The officer's hand tighten's on his pistol and his eyes narrow.[/i]

[b]Enlistment officer:[/b] I think you know why, sir . . . now if you would kindly leave without any trouble.

[i]Zylics nodded and picked up his heavy bag, walking out the door. He had no clue what to do from here on.[/i]
[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]She stretched luxuriously, refreshed for the shower......then Lethe stood and pulled on her usual black leather suit, boots, and gloves. Her weapons were quietly latched on here and there, but were not visible to the casual observer. Normally, she would appear to be a leather clad Chinese woman with a chip on her shoulder and a dangerous smile.

With a few quick movements, she slipped downstairs and landed in front of the door. It was time to go back to work.[/i]

Jenica: Still off killing people?

Lethe: What if I am?

Jenica: Don't let 'em catch you.

Lethe: I'm not that slow.

[i]With an easy stride, she walked into town....ignoring several stares. The door to the café opened and she sat down in her usual corner. The waitress didn't even bother asking, but brought the bagel and the tea.....then went back to work.

The feelings of the people around her were harsher than usual, but that was to be expected. What with all the fighting and shock....something was bound to happen. Flashes of red and orange flickered here and there, while one man's remained a calm blue.

This would be interesting.[/i][/COLOR]

[i]Flash opened the door quietly, a slight grin plastered on his face. He instantly looked to the left at the huge meeting-style table. Most of the room was dim, but the table had a soft light over each seat, twenty in all. A small holoprojector was lodged in the middle of the table. But next to the table, some ten feet away in this room that would make a Corperate CEO drool, was a huge hundred foot wide, eighteen foot tall, plasma digital screen with full infrared interactibility.

A map of the overall continental United States was show, political lines highlighting the white boarders on the black background. In front of this multi-million dollar map, was a tall figure, relaxed like nothing could touch him. His white General's shirt was unbuttoned, making way for a black undershirt to be seen. Black, baggy Carpender jeans were barely still at his waist, and polished combat boots were tightly laced at his feet. Through his left sleeve, a Hammer was not-so-clearly shown with twisted, gnarly spikes at the end of the handle.

Blank turned to his brother, a small, cocky grin stuck on his face. He then turned back to the screen, and held his hands behind his back, fist against fist, remote in his left, ham-sized paw. A click of the button, and a red color oozed over parts of the map. Nearly the entire Atlantic Seaboard was covered in the crimson color, along with most of the Pacific Seaboard. The red color denoted the Soviet's areas of control.

Little by little, however, the red color was forced back here, and advanced a little there. The map was in real-time; the complex Communications uplinks delaying the progress of troops by a mere two minutes.

Blank finally chuckled slightly, as he turned the screen off with the remote. The view instantly shrank down into a thin line all of the way across. In another split second, the line focused into a tiny dot in the centre, before disappearing.

Flash had sat down at one of the more luxurious chairs at the rounded 'top' of the table, one of the only areas where a light did not shine over. Blank silently walked over to his brother, who propped his feet up on the table and stretched back in the heavy-duty leather chair. The briefcase was next to his feet which were crossed over each other.

Blank opened the case, and peered at the weapons inside. He looked at the Magnums, aligning the sights more correctly with the angle of the barrels. He set them down in their imprinted spots in the soft, satin red interior of the briefcase. He then picked up his two .45 automatics. The sights, actually, were already in alignment. He took the clip out of the first one, and counted off the bullets. Seventeen. He pulled the slide back, and caught the round that popped out. Eighteen each, just as planned.

He put the bullet from the slide back in the clip, and loaded it back in. He pulled the slide back, putting one in the chamber. He holstered his weapons in two miniature holders, specifically to keep the weapons at bay with only the finger guard held.

He smiled at his brother, grinning a mix between sadism and innocent delight. Flash rolled his eyes jokingly, before he picked up a secondary remote to the plasma screen, aimed in the general direction of the reciever, and turned on the screen. Blank went and sat at the other side of the table, an exact duplicate of Flash's chair was Blank's usual spot for briefings.

Now they only had to wait for the rest of their officers to show up on time [The brothers were early] and they could then begin the next part of this siege...[/i]

[color=indigo][i]In an U.S. Army base, somwhere a few hundred miles in from the Atlantic coast, Ripper strode independantly into a cabin, not even closing the door on his way in; it closed on its own. He approached a desk near the back of the room where a man was seated facing the opposite direction speaking with another solider. Ripper put his hands on forcefully on the desk, forcing the officer to his attention. The man looked at him crudely in retort to Ripper's rudeness, and finished his words with the soldier who then left the cabin. The officer turned in his chair to Ripper who was decked out in a military fatigues, aside from the black sleeveless t-shirt and sunglasses.[/i]

[b]Officer:[/b] Back up off my desk, soldier.

[i]Ripper picked his hands up off the desk in a mocking manner. The officer turned back to a file cabinet and began rummaging through files.[/i]

[b]Officer:[/b] I suppose you would like to know why we brought you here... We are sending you on a training mission.

[i]Ripper snapped his head to the officer...[/i]

[b]Ripper:[/b] Like hell you are...

[i]The officer sighed and removed an unopened yellow envelope from the cabinet, and then slapped it on the desk. The big bold letters reading "CONFIDENTIAL" stamped across. Ripper picked it up with his fingers and paced away from the desk a bit, opening the envelope and pulling out its contents. The top sheet was a letter from 'higher authority' which forced him to do this assignment...[/i]

[b]Officer:[/b] That is all I needed you for. You may leave.

[i]Ripper looked coldly back at the officer, and proceeded to leave with the documents in hand.[/i][/color]

[I]The door opened, and several officers walked in. There they were, uniforms all proper, hair cropped short and kept tidy. Nearly all of them were older than Flash and Blank, in their thirties, forties and fifties. There was the occasional officer in his twenties, but they were all rookies.

Flash grinned as he watched the officers file in, one after another. He could see the envy and disapproval in their eyes. They hated having a pair of such rebellious young Generals. Their procedure was totally uncouth, going out and fighting on the frontline, such sloppiness with their uniforms. Of course, none of them dared to say anything. Not that Flash didn't already know. He knew virtually every thought that ran through the heads of everyone in the room. Psychic powers were a blessing indeed.

Once the officers had all sat down, Flash and Blank stood up. The two Commanding Generals activated the Screen, and the massive map of the world reappeared. Europe was dominated by the Soviets. The Allied defences were breaking in Germany, and South Korea, Japan and China couldn't hold out for much longer in the East. In Africa, Libya and some Iraqi forces were pushing south, easily conquering the continent. Mexio was held, with help to Russia's Cuban allies. the Soviets held various points in the US, and it was time to Siege the rest of it.[/I]

[B]Flash:[/B] Good evening, Gentlemen. I trust you're all well?

[I]The room remained silent. No-one spoke. Flash and Blank just grinned. Flash continued with his speech.[/I]

[B]Flash:[/B] We hold territory in New York, Mexico, and Maryland. More troops are currently arriving in California. We shall have San Fransisco by the morning, if Commander Mezinov's strategy goes as planned.

[I]Flash looked at a middle-aged man sitting at the middle of the table. He nodded to the General, and Flash nodded back.[/I]

[B]Flash:[/B] Troops will be advancing into Texas soon. We have Naval forces in the Gulf of Mexico ready to strike.

[B]Blank:[/B] Our next step is to take the capital, lower the morale of the Americans. Also, if we can capture the President, the nation will be in shambles.

[B]Flash:[/B] But obviously, this will be a difficult task. The Americans have an entire army posted here. We'll need to weaken their defences from a distance at first. This is why we're rolling in V3 Rocket Launchers and Dreadnoughts, along the coastline.

[B]Blank:[/B] Soon after that, we'll roll in a force of roughly sixty tanks, along with a hundred-some infantry. We have decided not do use Kirovs... The Americans have far too much air defence.

[B]Flash:[/B] I'm leaving this operation up to you, General Golovach. Arano and myself have business to attend in Mexico. We will be in charge of the operation into Texas. Now, if you'll excuse us, we have a plane to catch...

[I]Flash and Blank casually saluted the officers at the table, before leaving the room. Heading towards their room, they only needed to pick up a few personal items before leaving to the Cuban Operations Base just below the American border.[/I]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]He approached her, looking calm and collected. She watched him out of the corner of her eye, but didn't turn around to look at him. The man was tall, strong, with a perfect build. Perfect..... He smiled and tapped her shoulder.[/i]

Lethe: May I help you?

----: I think so. Are you the Hellcat?

Lethe: Who wants to know?

----: Adrien of the Triad. We need the help of a proffesional.

[i]She gestured and he sat down in front of her, pulling a file from his overcoat. Lethe picked it up between her fingers and quietly opened it. The information was basic enough, told the details, the time, the place...everything. She folded it in her hands and handed it back.

Her body language spoke volumes.[/i]

Lethe: You want me to kill a man that is not only genetically enginered, but a genius as well? And has a monster for an accomplice?

Adrien: ...I think you could do it.

Lethe: Why should I?

Adrien: .....

[i]He reached into his coat and pulled out another letter. She read it to herself, then folded it and handed it back.[/i]

Lethe: Deal. See you later.

[i]She pulled on her jacket and walked out the door, leaving the man behind...with the check.

Several hours later, she stepped off the plane and looked around.[/i]

Lethe: I hate hot weather...[/COLOR]

Sorry Im posting a little late...had a field trip today..

Flash, why would Yugoslavia be defected...I mean I will still change it but I would realy like to be my country in this..

The Yugoslavian base is set up in Charlotte, N.C. Camps were put up. In a slightly bigger camp was a General reading the reports from the other Allied Nations.

Ogi: My god, they are already invading 1/2 of America. Damn it... How? Just how can we stop this?

Suddenly a Luitendant jumps into the camp.

Ogi: What's the matter Luitendant?

Luitendant:...We...We...We have sight of the Soviet approaching.

Ogi: WHAT???!?!?!...Tell everybody to prepare for combat!!! And keep it quiet!

Luitendant: Yes..Yes, sir.

The Luitendant saluts and runs off to warn everyone to prepare themselves while the general sends out a warning to the other Allied countries up north.

Ogi: "North Pole"...come in.."North Pole" ,over.

"North Pole": We read you "South Pole" ,over.

Ogi: "North Pole", I have soviets coming in and it looks like they are heading North ,over.

"North Pole": Copy that "South Pole" , I want you to back off, do not try to fight them yourself, I repeat DO NOT try to fight them yourself, over.

Ogi:..sigh..."North Pole" the last transmission was interrupted...I did not recieve it ,over.

"North Pole": "South Pole" I repeat do no-.

Ogi shoots the radio with his 9mm hand gun.

Ogi: I didn't hear that one either...

Ogi arms himself and goes outside.

Ogi: How long do you think it will take them to find us, Luitendant.

Luitendant: I dont know, sir...maybe 15 to 20 minutes.

Ogi: ...Are our snipers ready?

Luitendant: Yes, sir.

Ogi: Ok, then put the first and second squad in the West building and the other two squads into the East tower.

Luitendant: Yes, sir.

The Luitendant puts the squads in their places while Ogi orders the rest of his army to get ready for combat.

Ogi signals the snipers to fire.

[color=indigo][i]In a matter of hours, Ripper had gathered a small troop of nine women and eight men, excluding himself. He sat himself upon a table set up outside the Mess Hall as his regiment gathered around him. Ripper was not in full military fatigues, minus his helmet, which was placed at his side, and the shades he still wore.[/i]

[b]Ripper:[/b] Ladies... Gentlemen. Attention.

[i]The soldiers stopped whatever they might have been doing and gave Ripper their undivided attention.[/i]

[b]Ripper:[/b] I have received order for myself, and all of you, to proceed in wilderness training. I have been appointed as the leader of you all, hence me gathering you here. We are to take off from helipads five and six at 1700 hours. From there we shall be taken to a wooded area a few miles from a base in southern West Virginia. Several troops from the Virginian base are being lpaced in the woods for training, just as we are. Even though we are both from the same soil, the Virginian troops are now considered enemies. In these woods, there are no places for the helicopters to land, so we are going to be dropped just outside of them. We, as well as the Virginian troops, will be armed with real weapons, but fake ammunition. You are going to feel the hit, and you are required to stay where you are once you do. Obviously, that is where you failed, so that is where you must stay. We shall receive our arms and further details on the way over. For now, I suggest you gets your butts in gear and prepare to go. I shall see you all in an hour and a half.

[i]Ripper stepped down from the table and parted his way through his troops. When he cleared them he turned and saluted, dismissing them and heading off to prepare. He did not enjoy the idea of being the leader. He has only been trained as a hitman, not a soldier. He has had numerous training experiences training like he was going to in the wilderness, but he was never anything exceptional at them. He usually got pretty far before he was caught.

He arrived at the tent his bunk where his bunk was located and stormed inside. He tossed the envelope onto his mattress and plopped down right beside it. He looked at it with slight disgust and then brushed it off into his bag which was open on the floor below him. He layed back with his eyes closed, resting for the mission.[/i][/color]

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Lacroix sat silently beside Wind, inside the military jeep he had earlier dumped the bodies of two soldiers under. It was a particularly jolting ride, yet Lacroix ignored it. Wind was somewhat more voluble. The size of the ditch or bump could be measured by the amount of profanity that came out of his mouth. Eventually tiring of it, Lacroix attempted to engage him in conversation. Being somewhat inept at that field, and searching for a subject, Lacroix latched onto the only area that seemed relevant.[/I]

Lacroix: Any further information about what I'm doing?

[I]Without a word, Wind pulled over, and turned the engine off. He sat silently a long moment before answering.[/I]

Wind: Despite what Riggs said, chances are you'll never see a Soviet.

[I]Lacroix too was silent a long moment, before erupting with a very annoyed series of exclamations.[/I]

Lacroix: That's it! I'm going to kill him! I'll cut him open, hang his guts on a fence, and let him watch as the vultures devour him!

Wind: Calm down. He didn't know any better. What you're really doing is coming with me.

Lacroix: What for?

Wind: Simple. From what I've heard of you, patriotism is not a major part of what drives you.

Lacroix: State your point.

Wind: I'm quite sure however, chaos appeals to you.

Lacroix: It offers opportunity.

Wind: Then what we are going to do is destabilise the region.

Lacroix: Just the two of us?

[I]Wind didn't answer, just got out of the jeep, and pulled two large black containers out of the area behind the seats. Opening them, there were several weapons inside. A katana, a wakisashi, and four handguns, semi-automatics by the look of them. Wind looked at Lacroix, silently gesturing for him to arm himself. Lacroix did so, the weapons disappearing about his person in short order, asiding the katana, which was strapped to his back, and two of the guns, which he left for Wind. Wind got back in, turn on the engine and driving off the trail into the wilderness.[/font][/color][/I]

[i]Arano was mainly silent as he walked down the hall with his brother. He needed not speak. His brother knew what he was thinking; he didn't have a good idea about this mission. Something about extreme heat and troops designed for blizzards thrown together did not stir will with Arano.

But Christov was mostly confident. They both had thus-far successful track records in the Southwest, but you never know. Even psychics knew that. While you may be able to see people's thoughts, and see possible outcomes of the future, you never really can tell what the future will bring; a human's free will was probably the most dangerious item in warfare.

Arriving at the upper-level barracks, the Les frères d'Armageddon went directly to their room, taking what little they had packed in advance in arm.

Arano took mainly clothes and extra munition; he wasn't one for not looking sharp on the battlefield or for running out of bullets. Christov, on the other hand, took only his Chrome Suitcase. What was inside of it, was unknown to most. Sometimes, not even Arano knew. Flash changed it about so damned much...

Within a few minutes, they were already on their plane and in the air. About five hours later, they were preparing for landing on a secured landing strip at the Soviet-Cuban Operations Base.[/i]

[color=crimson]The French Commandos all sat in a circle in the hotel room, Hardy discussing with them the bad news of New York, and their new orders to regroup with allies in West Virginia, and to cooperate with them in full.

The group all agreed, and began packing up the small base, as Ken snuck downstairs to get them some transportation, grabbing his dual Sub-Auto rifles from the bed as he went. He crotched down the ground as he snuck across the vast, vacant suburban metropolitian area..

Sneaking to a large F350 4x4 truck with ample cargo space in the bed, he flicked out his combat knife and jiggled with the lock. A few frustrating minutes later, he finally just broke the glass in.

The screeching, annoying sound of a car alarm shattered the silence in the area like a bullet through glass. Ken grimiced majorly, unlocking the truck and jumping in, cutting the iginition off and shoving the knife in.

He started the truck, and the alarm silenced itself- But Ken knew it was far too late for that. Flooring the truck, he speed twards the hotel, cursing in French constantly. Skidding to a halt infront of the hotel, he jumped out, listening to the distant yells in Russian.

Jogging up the stairs, he slammed the door open into the base command room, Hardy shaking his head slowly at him. Ken spit on the floor, and grabbing his belt of ammunition out of the closet, running out of the room at high speed.

He crotched behind the truck, as other members of the team filed out, takeing up various postions near Ken. In the far distance, a squad of Russian troops was seen, all of them cautiously glancing around. Several German Shepards were with them, sniffing along the ground as they went.

Ken nodded to the other members of the team, as Commander Hardy walked outside with his 12 Guage Pump-Action shotgun, Nodding to Ken as he crotched down beside him..[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]She closed her eyes and leaned back.....air conditioning. Instant bliss.

When they opened, she didn't realize why, but then it hit her full in the face. Two very strong auras had just entered her sphere of influence. And it was time to discover exactly what was going on. She pulled on her jacket again, covering her curves, and steeled her nerves.

As she walked through the enclosed space, her thoughts slowly narrowed down to her objective, but for some odd reason, they weren't obeying. She kept on thinking about the problems involved, and whether or not she might fail. She hissed through her teeth and banished them once more. This was no time to start day dreaming.

She stalked through the corridors and headed out to the strip.[/i][/COLOR]

[color=indigo][i]The chopping of propellor blades filled the air around helipads five and six. Ripper was seated just the edge of the doorway of one awaiting his troop. He looked down at his watch: 1650 hours. He lifted his eyes forward to see his men and women marching toward the two helicopters. Ripper hopped down from his seat and paced forward a bit as his troop lined up in front of him. He counted seventeen heads; his own made eighteen. All were accounted for. He began to speak while assistant soldiers handed each trainee their AK-47 and .45. Each was full of fake ammunition, and each was given a spare clip for each weapon.[/i]

[b]Ripper:[/b] Ladies... Men. These will be the only weapons you are armed with. I suggest you use them wisely. In five minutes we shall be leaving from here. We are going to arrive at our destination at 1800 hours. Our goal is to get to the other side of the woods. It is a stretch of about three or four miles, and remember that the Virginian troops can be anywhere. Do you all understand what you are going to do?

[i]A resounding "Yes, sir!" poured from the lips of each soldier.[/i]

[b]Ripper:[/b] Very well. I want you nine to go to the helicopter over on pad five, the other eight of you are with me here on six... Dismissed.

[i]The selected nine soldier marched off to pad five which was a short distance away. Ripper watch his soldier climb in one by one, and pulled himself in last. The pilot gave the word to the pilot of chooper five and they lifted off into the evening sky. As soon as they cleared the area of the base, all soldier immediately witnessed the damage the Soviet threat had been causing along the coastal area...[/i][/color]

[color=crimson][b]Ken[/b]: This is why you never send me outside alone, Hardy..

[b]Commander Hardy[/b]: No one attack. We're commandos.. Not an assult force. Let's try to get out of this with some.. 'style'.

Ken nodded to his superior, and gave a few hand motions to the rest of the team to relay the orders, each of them giving some sort of recognition back to him.

Quietly creeping low to the ground, Ken snuck into a small janitorial building that was directly outside the Hotel. There was a dirty window inside, covered with a fine layer of dust. Rubbing it lightly with his arm, Ken flattened against the wall, out of veiw from anyone outside.

The other commandos found various hiding places as well, each with a good vantage point of the area around the truck, just in case a firefight would occur. Silently, they waited, as the sound of the troops got closer.. Intill they were finally here.

There were around 15-18 Russian Infantry, each dressed in the same common uniform, but each having differing rank medals on their chest. The Commander of the Infantry group spoke something in Russian to the others, two of the infantry nodding and carrying out the orders.

Both of the infantrymen ran to the truck, glanceing around cautiously, checking inside it and underneath it. After a complete check of the truck, both of them shook their head, running back to the main group in the meantime.

More orders in Russian came out, and Ken picked up some of the words, having taken Russian in Collage for 'personal' reasons. The Commander's voice was finally coming into earshot, Ken scooting closer to the window to hear better..

He was casually discussing the sad state of America, how the mighty had fallen to mere looters being the main population in the area. The other troops laughed, as the Commander raised his gun and fired at the gastank of the truck..

With a loud explosion accompanied by a fireball, the truck flew some 20 feet into the air, as the Russians turned to head back to their base.

The truck slammed back into the ground, the flames licking the body of the vehicle, debries from the intial explosion falling down onto the ground below.

Silently, Ken leaned against the wall.. Slowly closing his eyes, waiting patiently for some time to pass, and slowly it did. But within 30 seconds, shots rang out in the near distance, and Ken bolted to the window.

[b]Ken[/b]: They must have found one of our Commandos..

Slamming the door open, Ken jogged outside, avoiding the seering heat eminating from the truck. He ran into the lobby of the hotel, placeing his back firmly against the wall, quieting his breathing.

More gunfire rattled off, and several other members of the French unit ran past Ken, as he motioned for the others to come around. Running out of the lobby himself, he ran through the middle of the street, some of his counterparts providing cover fire.

[b]Ken[/b]: Grr. Who did they find?

Ken crotched down, opening fire with his two AssultRifles, tearing holes into one of the Russian soldiers. Silence fell, before the distant sound of a rocket firing ripped through the area.

A large, white, V3 rocket roared overhead, slamming into the hotel with great force, a small shockwave ripping the windows of the hotel to pieces. All their equipment had been destroyed, as flames roared out of the windows of the hotel.

Ken quietly took out the cross that hung on a chain around his neck and kissed it, closing his eyes for a breif prayer. The piercing sound of Hardy's shotgun shattered the area, and Ken nodded slowly, as he won the battle with his natural human fear..

Standing up, he ran through a nearby alley to where the firefight had just restarted, thoughts racing through his head about how the Russians could have known that had been their base of operations..[/color]

[I]The plane landed smoothly. The entire area was secure at the Soviet-Cuban Operations Base. So secure, in fact, that Arano and Christov were given a Generals welcome. Red Carpet, Infantry all lined up in squadrons. There were hundreds, maybe thousand of men at the landing strip alone.

Blank was relieved to see that the Soviet troops were appropriately geared up for battle in the extreme conditions. Lightweight, cooled flak armour, and gas masks, supplying cooled, purified air so that the soldiers could fight at their best. All armed with KF7 assault rifles, and DD44 Dostovei pistols at their belts. They all saluted as the Les frères d'Armageddon walked past, along the crimson red carpet.

Holding his Chrome suitcase tightly, Flash scanned the area. There was a large terminal directly in front of them, with several exits. Looked like the carpet and guards were leading them to the southern most one. Standing at the door was a Cuban man, dressed in an officers uniform. He was a captain. Probably the one in charge of ceremonies like this. 'Or maybe he's just our tour guide', Christov thought to himself, jokingly. It was a good sixty metres to the terminal.[/I]

[B]Blank:[/B] I guess Lieutenant General Vaceslav think's he's too good to greet us, eh?

[I]Christov didn't respond. He just stood there, a slight smile on his face. Arano raised his eyebrow, looking at his brother awkwardly.[/I]

[B]Blank:[/B] What's up with you? You've got that look in your eye.

[B]Flash:[/B] Oh, it's nothing. I'm just tracking that assassin to our right.

[B]Blank:[/B] What?!

[I]Blank went to grab his guns, but Flash put a hand on his shoulder.[/I]

[B]Flash:[/B] Don't draw attention to yourself. She's of no threat to us.

[I]Blank was highly skeptical, but at the same time, he trusted his brother. Flash's Psychic abilities were amazing. He could know everything about everyone, as soon as sensed them--And the person he sensed would know nothing of it.[/I]

[B]Blank:[/B] Are you sure? How would she get out to the strip?

[B]Flash:[/B] Cuban guards are slack... And from what I gather, she's quite stealthy. Don't worry about it.

[B]Blank:[/B] She?

[B]Flash:[/B] Yes... She's in it for the cash, quite a large sum. She'll try to strike me when we're alone. With all these guards around, it'd be suicide for her... Then she wouldn't have a chance to spend that fat reward.

[B]Blank:[/B] Heh heh... Most impressive, Christov.

[B]Flash:[/B] I try my best.

[I]Flash and Blank stopped in front of the Cuban Captain, who saluted them, and showed them to their room. It was on the sixth floor of the massive complex, which doubled as a Officer's barracks and an Operations centre. 'Quite impressive', Arano thought to himself, as he threw his suitcase on his bed. Next to him, Christov placed his Chrome briefcase down on a desk, flicking the hinges. The lid rose up very smoothly, revealing documents on one side, and a very neatly stacked pile of clothes on the other.[/I]

[B]Blank:[/B] That all, Christov?

[B]Flash:[/B] Heh heh. Not quite.

[I]Flash pressed a tiny button on the interior of the case, a secret compartment in the lid revealing itself. It it were Flash's Tesla magnums, along with some spare Energy cells, and some other fancy-looking assorted weaponary, Including that pair of Uzi's..[/I]

[B]Blank:[/B] Who are they for, Christov?

[B]Flash:[/B] I'm holding on to them for a friend.

[I]With that, Flash closed the compartment after withdrawing his Magnums, and began sorting through documents. No doubt Lieutenant General Vaceslav would wish to see them soon.[/I]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]She smiled to herself. Not only had the guards put up no resistance, they had practically led her to his room by the hand. Maybe it was the wink. Oh well. Enough about that. She adjusted her shirt, well...if it could honestly be called a shirt, and waited. Then she cleared her throat.

Almost immediatly, the auras in the room changed again. From a calm blue with a tinge of green, to a slight orange. Lethe's energy began to slowly tap itself.....and she willed it away. No sense in adding to the problem. The door opened.

She looked him straight in the eye, arms crossed, hands empty.[/i]

Lethe: Hello Christov, or do you prefer Flash?

Flash: .....how much are they paying you?

Lethe: Enough. But I don't suppose I should do Adrien any favors by doing as he wishes.[/COLOR]

[I]Arano spun around, Forty-fives drawn. He wasn't the type of guy to be hung up on killing someone; Attractive or not. He walked towards the door, where Christov and the assassin were standing, face to face.[/I]

[B]Blank:[/B] This is her, the assassin?

[B]Flash:[/B] Indeed.

[I]Arano looked over her once or twice. He liked what he saw, but he kept his guns aimed. Memories of the incident with a British Tanya flooded through his mind.

Christov gave her a once-over, before deciding on what to do. He grinned, and stood aside, ushering the female assassin into the room with his hand.[/I]

[B]Flash:[/B] Lethe, was it? Please, come in.

[I]Arano nodded to Flash, and lowered his guns. He knew exactly what Flash was upto. 'Heh heh. Good luck, Bro.', he thought to himself. 'Save it for someone who needs it.' was the Telepathic response he got from his Brother.

Christov walked over to a well stocked bar on the other side of the room, and grabbed a glass and bottle of premium Vodka, holding it up to Lethe.[/I]

[B]Flash:[/B] Drink?

[COLOR=royalblue][i]She waved a hand dissimsively.[/i]

Lethe: No thanks, I'm trying to cut back.

[i]Arano snorted. Liar.

She looked at him over her shoulder, a slight smirk on her face....eyes half shut. Lethe leaned against the wall and coughed pointedly. Flash took the hint and pulled out a chair for her. She walked across the room; or, sauntered really. With a quick graceful turn, she sat down, hair fanning around her face, then settling back down. Lethe crossed her legs and folded her hands on her knees.[/i]

Flash: So....what brings you out here? Besides me?

Lethe: I needed to work on my tan.

[i]She grinned. Her skin was almost translucent, for all the sun she got....[/i][/COLOr]

[B]Flash:[/B] Heh heh. I doubt Soviet occupied territory is the safest place for a girl like yourself to work on her tan.

[B]Lethe:[/B] I know how to take care of myself.

[I]Flash smiled, picking up a box of cigarettes. He pulled one out, and offered it to her.[/I]

[B]Flash:[/B] Smoke?

[B]Lethe:[/B] Thanks.

[I]Lethe took the cigarette and lighter he passed her. Christov then called his Brother's name, and tossed the box to him. Arano whipped a similar lighter from his pocket, and lit a Cigarette. Lethe handed the golden flip-top lighter back to Flash. The lighter was engraved with a silver hammer and sickle emblem.[/I]

[B]Lethe:[/B] You don't smoke?

[B]Flash:[/B] Only when I'm stressed.

[B]Lethe:[/B] You're sitting next to a woman who's been hired to kill you, and you're not stressed?

[B]Flash:[/B] I know you're not just all beauty, Lethe, you've got alot of brains as well. And any smart person would know that to collect a bounty, it helps to be alive. If you killed me, Arano would dispatch of you in a second.

[I]Arano smiled, and nodded, in between puffs.[/I]

[B]Lethe:[/B] Confident. What if I killed both of you at once?

[I]Flash grinned.[/I]

[B]Flash:[/B] Heh heh. Well, I suppose I'll just have to deal with that if it comes down to it. But please, let's not talk of such grave matters. You want to work on your tan? I hear there's a Private recreation area on the roof, reserved for the Generals. Would you care to join me?

[B]Lethe:[/B] I guess it couldn't hurt.

[I]Flash and Lethe stood up, and Arano followed. There was a bar on the roof as well, and he hadn't had a good Vodka in nearly a week. He was parched from the heat, as well. 'Vaceslav can wait', Blank thought to himself, making sure to lock the door behind him as he exited. The sun was just coming up, casting a harmonic orange glow over the Operations centre and Coastline.[/I]

[i]Cid opened a large metal door, and stood admiring his beautiful F-14 harrier Custom Fighter. He paced around the plane examining all the weapons, Napalm, Cluster bombs, Air to air missiles, chaffs, this was Cid's Sanctuary, right here. Just one type of weapon missing... he thought to himself.

It had infact been 3 years since Cid had been down here. It had been that long since he needed to be back down here. But now, he was needed again. He climbed the small stepladder, and entered the cockpit. As he looked around he familiarised him self with the controls, all 1985 standard, no high tech computers flying for him, just what he needed, the analogue controls. The extraordinary reaction times, and speed of Cid, ensure that he would have infact better flying without a computer, as his brain was able to process things faster than most super computers.

He started the engines and tossed his head back in euphoria as he heard them roar and power up. He grabbed the throttle, and guided the harrier up through the opening panel in the ceiling. The plane emerged from the top of the house and turned to face the ocean.

The engines grunted into action, as the plane shot forwards towards the US.[/I]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]She stepped out onto the roof, then stretched backwards.....arching until her palms were flat on the ground.[/i]

Flash: Were you always this flexible?

Lethe: It's a curse.

[i]With a quick movement, she righted herself, then promptly stripped down to black lengire. Then she quietly padded over to one of the chairs and leaned back, eyes closed. Flash and Arano stared. Here was one girl who was not hung up on personal appearences. She raised one eyebrow and stared back.[/i]

Lethe: Is there something wrong?

Flash: Nothing.

Lethe: Don't tell me you've never seen anything like this before.

[i]He opened his mouth, then closed it again. Lethe smirked. The aura he was giving off was bright red. Perfect. Arano's was roughly the same, with a few twists here and there. She closed her eyes and let hers calm down to her signature shade of silver. The weather wasn't so bad....once you got used to the heat.[/i][/COLOR]