Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[FONT=century gothic] [color=crimson] [size=1] What was your first user name CWB? I'm interested, I thought Crazy White Boy was a long enough name lol.

My name comes from a long line of names sent to the graveyard. I joined in v4 as Saiyangohan2002, later, I signed up for a new account and called myself Nuchlear, When James did the name change, I thought i would do something to resemble my manga, so i called myself SunRiZe, after Rising Sun. but, finding that a little girly, a hell of a mistake, I singed up (yet again) and called my self S@bretooth for reasons that stretch beyond me.
-bleh.

[/FONT] [/color] [/size]
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by S@bretooth [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic] [color=crimson] [size=1] What was your first user name CWB? I'm interested, I thought Crazy White Boy was a long enough name lol. [/FONT] [/color] [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]"The Great Frying Pan Man" i believe it was.

A crazy old cat CWB was o.O [/COLOR]
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Rick Hunter is my favorite anime character of all time, and in personality traits acts very similar to myself therefore since I can identify with the character I use his name as my screename, in hopes that I can someday emulate his greatness.

;)
Posted
[color=blue][size=1]Well, when I signed up, my name was Saiyan_monkey (geez, what was I on when I thought up that name? I hate it now ^_^).

When James did the name changes, I got my name changed to Rain. I don't know why, it was the best name I could think of. Plus, I like rain, and we haven't had any for a while...*shrugs*[/size][/color]
Posted
[color=#507AAC]I was thinking of changing my screen name once someone else comes along for this job. But I'm not so sure.

Sometimes I feel like I'd like to use a different name, but then I think that everyone knows me by this name. So I don't know. I do use other names elsewhere though.

My name at GA forums is "Denki". I chose that name because it's the name of the company behind Denki Blocks on GBA. And at the very start of the game, you have a little light bulb that yells out "DENKI!". I thought it was hilarious...and it made the word stick in my head for a while. Plus, one of my favourite Japanese music groups is Denki Groove. So it seemed to fit.

[/color]
Posted
There's how I came up with my name... let's just say it mostly comes from the game [i]Desu Ex[/i] and also occasional run-ins with the dictionary.

Essentially, Deus Ex Machina means somethinng along the lines of "An unexpected solution to a seemingly unsolvable problem" and is mostly used in drama, but sometimes to refer to real life situations as well. When I found that out I thought "cool" (as you do) and "that'd make a great screen name".

Although at first I wansn't aware that you could have spaces in your screen name, so for 10 months or so my screen-name was Deus_Ex_Machina.
Posted
I've always had the name Delian. I just saw the name Del in a book I was reading once and Delian just came from that really. Not much to it. I don't think i'll ever change it. The name has kinda stuck to me.
Posted
[color=#507AAC]Deus...do you know how many times I've read that exact post explaining both your name and the underscores?

That's a sign that these threads are incredibly common. lol[/color]
Posted
:D I am known by varous other names around the net. All of them are based around the character I invented called Blue Tajiri (that's one of them) I am also known as Silverstar, (Blue's ship) and blueelf (Blue is a Blue Elf, yes I am crazy) I also used to go by bluedragon (like the noodles) but my sisters ex-boyfriend used the same name. Oh and martianwerewolf is a name I still use, that is another Blue reference.:D

Just to confirm, I am crazy. In fact I'm a total loonie. But hey, Proud To Be Weird.:p
Posted
[QUOTE][I]Originally posted by Deus[/I]
[B]also occasional run-ins with the dictionary.[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue][size=1]My dictionary says Deus is Latin for God...how cool ^_^

Let's see what Rain means, shall we?
[b]Rain:[/b] Precipitation from clouds in the form of drops of water, formed by the condensation of water vapour in the atmosphere.

o_O...I think I'll put the dictionary away now...[/size][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#507AAC]Deus...do you know how many times I've read that exact post explaining both your name and the underscores?

That's a sign that these threads are incredibly common. lol[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, I doubt it's the exact same post.. it tends to get shorter every time another one of these topic comes up. One day it'll be down to a few words.. and that will be one of the signs of the apocalypse..

..or not..

on a random side note: I like OB.. I can control my font far easier than on AIM ^^

[quote][i]Rain said[/i]
My dictionary says Deus is Latin for God...how cool ^_^[/quote]

Um.. yeah.. I started with this SN long before I knew what the first commandment was.. and I wasn't a christian either *shifty eyes*
Posted
Well I like to pay out religion.
I like to play FF games. Yeah anyway, I was watching Flynn play one of the games and he was on a chocobo. As I watched it he ran across a stretch of water. Now, apparently 'Jesus' could walk on water, and so could the chocobo, which I thought looked like a chicken. And of course, I screamed
"IT"S A JESUS CHICKEN!!!"
If you need any more help with the story that followed...
Posted
[size=1][color=blue][font=century gothic]

*Real Name*
Ryan

*Looks at name up by his avatar*
Ryan

Hmmm......You do the math.

I am kinda like James. Whenever I was under the name NoodleZ, I wanted to change my name to Ryan, which of course it my real name. I wasn't sure though, because even though some did know me as Ryan, and called me Ryan, most others knew me as NoodleZ. I just decided to change it to Ryan. A lot easier to sign in then before. No more confusing symbols and crap.[/size][/color][/font]
Posted
Well, Anna is a Hebrew name, meaning "One of Grace", or "gracious". That's the name I was born with ... so yeah, my name is Anna irl and here. Since some people here explained their old names in the older versions of Otaku, I used to go by SuperRadSkitzo. "Super Rad" is the name of a song by The Aquabats, and "skitzo" (used to be "Schitzo" but people kept leaving the "c" out -__-;; ) is just a little something of my psychology-self thrown in there. No, I'm not schizophrenic but I am thoroughly interested and study psychology, and schitzophrenia is a disease that I'm rather fascinated with...... however morbid that may be. o.O
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[quote][i]Originally posted by MathGuy2[/i]
graphing calculator bulletin-board
[/quote]
[B]You're kidding me. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not. It was the [url]calc.org[/url] website, that at one time was much better than it is now - their server crashed or something. Graphing calculators do have an interesting feature that their screen and programming language make them excellent for Game-Boy-like video games. I don't think it can really be called a bulletin-board in as much of a sense that OB is: it was more like a news-article, reply style board.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]I used to go by SuperRadSkitzo.[/B][/QUOTE]

hontou kanaa... you were back when I was still Transtic Nerve's English impaired little sister.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MathGuy2 [/i]
[B]Graphing calculators do have an interesting feature that their screen and programming language make them excellent for Game-Boy-like video games.[/B][/QUOTE]

Ah, as long as it's about games...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina [/i]
[B]There's how I came up with my name... let's just say it mostly comes from the game [i]Desu Ex[/i] and also occasional run-ins with the dictionary.

Essentially, Deus Ex Machina means somethinng along the lines of "An unexpected solution to a seemingly unsolvable problem" and is mostly used in drama, but sometimes to refer to real life situations as well. When I found that out I thought "cool" (as you do) and "that'd make a great screen name".

Although at first I wansn't aware that you could have spaces in your screen name, so for 10 months or so my screen-name was Deus_Ex_Machina. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] I thought it means something along the lines of God comes from the Machine...or something. Oh well, it could be a multiple meaning.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][color=red] I thought it means something along the lines of God comes from the Machine...or something. Oh well, it could be a multiple meaning.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Literally, yes. But the phrase also has a meaning.

And James: Either these threads are incredibily common, or some peope have just been around too long.[/SIZE]
Posted
It would be interesting to see if anyone has any idea about where my name comes from, excluding those I've told! ;)

And contrary to popular belief I did not one day decide to come up with an impossible name to spell or pronounce. :D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][color=red] I thought it means something along the lines of God comes from the Machine...or something. Oh well, it could be a multiple meaning.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
My friend mentioned something along the lines of a Greek-mythological god that comes near the end of a play out of a descending platform, who fixes things or punishes the bad guy or something like that. I can't remember the exact story, but that's the gist.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...