Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=royalblue]I was reading an issue of Nintendo Official Magazine, also called NOM for short and I came across and article which was about a Nintendo gaming Modem, now as I read on I read that Phantasy Star Online 2 would have online capacities.

It then occured to me that other games would have this ability, does anyone know about other games. Or what games would Otakuboarders like to see coming to the Gamecube[/color]
Posted
[color=indigo]I'm not sure if the 56K Modem Adapter and Broadband Adapter are out yet, but the only game that I know of that's been announced to use them is PSO: Ep. I & II. I don't think it's been announced that any other games will use them, so far.[/color]
Posted
[color=royalblue]It would be great if you could play the likes of Timesplitters 2 and Jedi Outcast on it. Though still a good RPG will help[/color]
Posted
Nintendo has yet to say about what they are doing with the network adapter and such. I too only heard PSO 1 and 2 to use it. I do hope they say soon because I want to try out PSO and anything else Nintendo comes up with. Their games are wild. Can you imagine an online Super Smash Brothers Melee?
Posted
[color=indigo]*drools at the thought of an online Smash Bros.* I hope they release a sequel to SSBM and fix it's little annoyances *cough*cheap CPU*cough* and add online play.

F-Zero would also be very cool with online play. Racing games are always better against other players.

We'll just have to wait and see, though. Hopefully Nintendo will say something soon, though. I also want an online Mario Party, dangit![/color]
Posted
I also heard the Mario Kart for GameCube will be online, as well as an online Animal Crossing. I must agree with Desbreko about the online SSBM thing too. Another thing, 2 years ago, Shigeru Miyamoto said he was working on an online game called Marrionette. But it's not a Mario game, it's actually stick and string puppets. Of course, this has probably been canned, as I have not heard about it in a long time.
Posted
The latest rumors are actually saying Nintendo will be making use of piconet and Bluetooth technology... Which theoretically could connect everyone's GCs wirelessly over airwaves. I doubt it's true, but Nintendo has said it's been looking into Bluetooth in the past (2001 abouts).

Anyway... Miyamoto hinted that the next AC game would be online. I really wish more companies would try adding online stuff to their games though, it would be no different than with Sony's system.
Posted
[COLOR=royalblue]Wouldn't that just be great?

I'd love to see how some of you poeple here at OB can play Mario Party 4, SSB:M, just about any 2+ player game. It'd give people something to do too. You'd be talking to someone on AIM and you'd be able to say "Ya wanna play SSB: melee?" and you could!

I'd definately get one... no matter what. [/COLOR]
Posted
That would be nice to play Melee online, but then I still have my crappy 28,800 connection. I wonder if that would make it choppy like it it when I try to play computer games? Any way does anyone know if my Pannasonic Q will work with a regular 56k modem?
Posted
Melee would be so mega fun online and although I really enjoy Mario Party 4 I think it would be too slow to play online and may get bored or would ave to go before the match finishes. Im sure they will do like Tony Hawks online and Resident Evil which would be cool.
Posted
[color=royalblue]True enough SSBM would have been an excellent addition to an online start up of games however I would be most intrigued by the possibility of Animal Crossing Online, though I haven't played the game because it not out yet, A LIFE RPG of that magnitude would be immensely entertaining

Just think about it. You go to a town populated by both CPU's and Human players that would add vast amounts of variety to the game, I mean the first time you play, you get taken advantage of by a human player but then manage to outsmart him. The possibilities are endless[/color]
Posted
Well, Animal Crossing 2 is official (confirmed last week), and the director has frequently said that he's interested in online gaming. I wouldn't be too surprised if we are all cutting each other's trees in early 2004.

*Goes to sharpen his axe*

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...