OtakuBoards

Otaku Awards

Sephiroth

[color=#507AAC]I'm still thinking of holding it (I discussed it in detail with CWB and Rick Hunter among others recently).

I think it's best to hold the awards in January and have them based on the prior 12 month period (kind of like the Oscars lol).

That way we have time to plan for it and to organize a prize.[/color]

As you can tell I am pretty new here. I have [b]no[/b] clue what it going on here. Well, I understand there will be an "Otaku Awards" thing. But not much else.

What will the winners actually win? A custom title, or something of that sort?

What categories will there be? Best Grammar, Best Moderator, Smartest, Best Newbie, what?

Also, who will decide the winners? Will we the people vote? Or will you people hand pick them?

As you can see I have allot of questions, and I am hoping to get them answered! :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final Flash [/i]
[B]Which is happening in the next twenty minutes. Be thankful. [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Oh, I am.

Cyko, I can brief you on what happened last year, if you'd like...

Safer posted a thread, there were a bunch of categories. Best female member, best Zelda member, most likely to become a mod, best signature, etc. People went through and 'voted' someone for each category. Gin and I tallied the results, Kuja later did the same. The winners received....recognition, I guess.

One of the problems was people voting for multiple people in the same category. A typical post would be:

Best female member: Babygirl, Anna, Ginny, Cera, Lady Mac, Queen Asuka, Lotus.
Best staff member: TN, Kuja, Adam, James, Babygirl

So people ended up getting fractions of a vote...it was messy.

I know kuja's results thread is still around....along with some other dark history of GD, heh...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#507AAC]I'm still thinking of holding it (I discussed it in detail with CWB and Rick Hunter among others recently).

I think it's best to hold the awards in January and have them based on the prior 12 month period (kind of like the Oscars lol).

That way we have time to plan for it and to organize a prize.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

A prize you say, hmm, maybe I should have thought of that one last year, lol

Sounds cool, I'll keep an eye out and see what you guys do with the awards this year

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I know kuja's results thread is still around....along with some other dark history of GD, heh...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Heh. In case anyone wanted to see the results thread, the url is [url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=6709[/url] I believe the actual threads were deleted, but the results remain *points to thread link*[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue]I remember how close i came to Safer in the best Final Fantasy member category. Good times, good times.

I'd definately love to see another round of awards this year! [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Harlequin [/i]
[B][font=gothic][color=crimson]
I would love to some really big flame war get started over some petty argument to do with this....[/font][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#507AAC]I don't think you're in luck. We don't see too many of those around here these days. And when we do...just about everyone involved is usually banned. So good luck. ~_^

Anyway, yes...the Otaku Awards could be considered frivolous. But on the other hand, they are also a public recognition of behavior and achivement...by members, for members. So in that sense, it's a pretty significant set of awards for many people.[/color]

[color=#9933ff]Eh. I'm already an idiot, so I'll just ask anotehr idiotic question! Lol. Anyways, Flasheh said that the awards would be up in 20 min., an that was a couple days ago. Unless I'm blind I haven't seen any threads pertaining to the Otaku Awards in the Adventure Arena or the General Discussion. Is it not up yet, or am I loosing my mind(I wouldn't be surprised if I was, lol.)?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MistressRoxie [/i]
[B][color=#9933ff]Eh. I'm already an idiot, so I'll just ask anotehr idiotic question! Lol. Anyways, Flasheh said that the awards would be up in 20 min., an that was a couple days ago. Unless I'm blind I haven't seen any threads pertaining to the Otaku Awards in the Adventure Arena or the General Discussion. Is it not up yet, or am I loosing my mind(I wouldn't be surprised if I was, lol.)?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]What Flasheh meant was that OBBII would be over within 20 minutes. And it is! [/COLOR]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Tch. *Waves a sign saying "James is no fun" for a while. Then gets hit by a large projectile...* Yeah, I know. But still, I just think that kind of reaction would not only be incredibly amusing, but also validate my inherent mistrust of strangers....

Actually, I wouldn't mind an Otaku Awards. There a few members I respect somewhat, why not stop insulting them and actually show them... [/font][/color]

Guest cloricus
[spoiler][color=#00ff00]**Joins Flynn and gets a sign... *Jamez is boring...* **
BTW Flynn isn't an individual, he has Raven joined at the hip and Newt joined at the mouth. (As in the say the same thing, not that "[b][i]other[/i][/b]" thing...)

I think we should have a most annoying category, it'd be thought but I think I could just pull in front of menolth(sp?) and win...
I think I?d win because I've been doing it longer and haven't been banned... yet...

But yeah the prize for the lower categories could be a thing above their avatar like for when I win I?d have ?Most Annoying Otaku?! (Can I have that now Jamez?)
[/color][/spoiler]