Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted January 3, 2003 Author Posted January 3, 2003 No...you're not vain. I was just joking anyway....0_o I can tell a joke from someone trying to be serious.....most of the time anyway.
ZeroBlade Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 Ah... I don't think too much about this subject either but if I have a boy. I'll give him my name Marcos Antonio Guerrero. Since I'm the 3rd in my family, might was well keep it going so they'll know the names of their elders and tell how long the generations has gone. Maybe Slade for a another boy's name. I have no clue about a girl's name.... maybe Rei :)
Syk3 Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 If it's a boy, I'll name them Spike Spiegal. If it's a girl...Faye Valentine. :) Just kidding, but I do feel sorry for some of these kids that you all are going to name. :(
conpiracymonki Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i] [B][color=deeppink] Roxie, I was reading your post and I REALLY like the name Diego. For some reason it reminds me of an animal that was personified in an animated movie, but I think it's an awesome name. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [b][size=1]o_o Diego from Ice Age? Anyway, I've never really thought seriously about real names before.. But if I do choose to name my children (my family has a tradition of letting relatives suggest names first), I might name one of the girls Jan. Which'd be short for Jannah, after my eldest little sister. Which means Heaven/garden.[/b][/size]
Manic Webb Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 I've [b]never[/b] want to give my kids a very common name. If I had a dime for every Mike, Joe, or Mary I've ever met (and that includes Michelle, Miguel, Jose, Marie and Maria and any other translation of those names you can think of) I'd be rich enough to be the new Bachelor. Anyway... There are names I'd probably give to my son... [b]Cyrus[/b] (I also named a character in my story this) [b]Kobe[/b] (Ko-Bey. Like the Iron Chef, not the basketball player) [b]Ken[/b] (after my father) And for my daughter... [b]Jordan[/b] (or possibly [b]Jordanne[/b]) [b]Leona[/b] (my mom's middle name) [b]Angela[/b] (was going to be my older sister's name, but my mom had a miscarriage)
SaiyanPrincessX Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 Though I like Japanese names, I'm not going to name my kids any. I like the names.. Rachel for a girl, and Alex, or Jonathen for a boy. Those three are related to The Mummy Returns.:D
BabyGirl Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJeh [/i] [B][b][size=1]o_o Diego from Ice Age? [/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=deeppink]So [i]that's[/i] what it's from. Thanks :D I'm with you, Endymion, I don't really want my kids to have 'traditional' names. Anna is obviously the exception to that thought, but not if I spell it 'Ana' ^_^[/color]
Spikey Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 How about after the Admins, James, and Adam. I just thought of that. I think I only named 2. Eh...I was scrolling down and I keep seeing the name Anna. So I finally thought, yes that's it. So that's what I would really want to name a girl. Sorry...
Anna Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i] [B][color=deeppink] I'm with you, Endymion, I don't really want my kids to have 'traditional' names. Anna is obviously the exception to that thought, but not if I spell it 'Ana' ^_^[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Anna may be traditional (and universal; there's a form of "Anna" or "Ana" in like, every language so I've found out o.o) but it's not very common. In my whole life--and I've seriously recalled all the way back ot my kindergarten days and 'til now--I've personally met only 8 people that share my name. So if you are worried about the name being too common instead of traditional, "Anna" won't have that problem. :)
BabyGirl Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i] [B]So if you are worried about the name being too common instead of traditional, "Anna" won't have that problem. :) [/B][/QUOTE] [color=deeppink]Oh good ^_^ I just like the name a [i]lot[/i]...you're lucky to be a bearer of it :)[/color]
Anna Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i] [B][color=deeppink]Oh good ^_^ I just like the name a [i]lot[/i]...you're lucky to be a bearer of it :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] :blush: Well, thanks! Gee,....... I feel kinda honored now.. ^_^ ::hugs BG::
amibasuki Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kittcat [/i] [B][color=red]If I had a girl, I'd name her Julia. If I had a boy, then I'd name him Sean.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [FONT=arial]0_o' took the words straight outta my mouth. if I had more than one boy and girl though (the thought somewhat frightens me), some other guy names I'd think about would be Adam, Joshua, and William (NOT for the reason you think, QA/Deedlit/Anna/etc., I really [i]do[/i] simply like the name *laughs*). some other girl names I'd think about would be Selene, Bianca and Emma.[/FONT]
Red Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [b][color=003399]I was talking about this with a few friends the other day... Most of my names come from friends I've had over the years or just names I like. Girl: Amber, April, Charlotte (:p), Stacey. Boy: Robin, Andrew, Leon, Xi.[/b][/color]
BearsBaby635 Posted January 5, 2003 Posted January 5, 2003 [color=blue]My husband and I have decided to name out Daughter Kaylee Joyce. I love the name Kaylee and Joyce is a family tradition for three generations so far. At first we wanted to name her Marin, then Rain...but I lost interest in the names because he named everything Marin and Rain..lol...so hopefully it will stay Kaylee Joyce for a long time until she actually is real.[/color]
*madEE* Posted January 5, 2003 Posted January 5, 2003 I just had this conversation with my friends a whle ago... For a boy I would name him Tristan James *insert last name :)*, because that name has been passed down in my family for a long time. I just revised the first name from Tristram to Tristan. And for a girl Isabel Elanor *insert last name*. Just because I like that name, plus I took Elanor from Samwise Gamgee's first daughter's name :D One of my friend said she wanted to name her kids Ben and Jemima. So that when they have kids they would become Uncle Ben (boxed rice product) and Aunt Jemima (syrup). I only hope whoever she marries has more sense :rolleyes: Other than that I would prefer to keep my last name when I get married, unless he has a better last name than mine and I like the way it sounds :D
Senor Ding Dong Posted January 5, 2003 Posted January 5, 2003 I'm naming mine..... Girl:Sakura, or Kimi. Boy, Yamato or Koji.
Chaos Posted January 5, 2003 Posted January 5, 2003 You are some dumb people. I'm going to laugh when your kids go on killing sprees due to their retarded and unreasonible names. If I ever have kids, and I hope I don't, I'd name my son Gregg [After Gregg the Grim Reaper] and my daughter [God forbid], I'd name her...Britty, after Ms. Brijiah...Gwahahahah..!! ><
Rain Posted January 5, 2003 Posted January 5, 2003 [color=blue]Actually, come to think of it, Adam is a pretty cool name...although, if i'm going to name my daughter Evelyn and my son Adam...that's just a bit too biblical for my liking.[/color]
Juu Posted January 5, 2003 Posted January 5, 2003 [color=deeppink] [size=1]^_^' [b]Girls:[/b] Celestine- I've always liked this name somehow... Ashlee- I always remember liking 'Ashley', but not how it was spelled... Kimberly- I want this name.. T-T Aino- It means 'bird' in Japanese, right? Sylia- Kinda reminds me of 'Silver', but has a little serene sense to it. ^^ [b]Boys:[/b] Justin- I've always liked this name! ^_^ Bryan- :whoops: Orlando- *snickers evily* Jinho (Korean)- Prolly one of my favorite names... not to mention one of my cousins' name is Jinho.. I've caught myself thinking about this a few times. A Korean name for a girl is pretty hard, though...[/color] [/size]
liamc2 Posted January 5, 2003 Posted January 5, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i] [B] It just so happens that I like those names, only a few of them I have specific relations to their Biblical namesakes, like Isaiah and Joseph, and Ammon (but Ammon is in the BOM ;)). [/B][/QUOTE] darn you. Just as I started to think about it. I wanna put dibs on Ammon. Hm, fine then. Whatta bout Alma (now that'd be cool) or Ammoron (o.O now that is a eternal curse upon the child you give it to) I've always found Mormon to be a cool name...but that might as well send your child instantly into the 'inactive' zone when they hit the teens...
Manic Webb Posted January 5, 2003 Posted January 5, 2003 What does everyone think of unisex names? You know, names that both boys and girls have. Personally, I'd sooner give my daughter a unisex name than my son. I just don't know any both-gender names that I'd like to give my hypothetical son. For example, I'd rather name my daughter Frances instead of naming my son Francis. It's not because Francis sounds like a girly name (I think I've heard of more guys named Francis than girls); I just don't like the nickname Frank.
Juu Posted January 5, 2003 Posted January 5, 2003 [color=deeppink] [size=1]Unisex names? mm... [b]Unisex Names:[/b] Jade ...^_^' Asayo Raven Lynn Robin[/color] [/size]
SaiyanPrincessX Posted January 5, 2003 Posted January 5, 2003 I don't like Jordan for a girl. It doesn't seem like a girl kind of name. Of course it could be because my brothers' name is Jordan. -_-;
Anna Posted January 5, 2003 Posted January 5, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i] [B]darn you. Just as I started to think about it. I wanna put dibs on Ammon. Hm, fine then. Whatta bout Alma (now that'd be cool) or Ammoron (o.O now that is a eternal curse upon the child you give it to) I've always found Mormon to be a cool name...but that might as well send your child instantly into the 'inactive' zone when they hit the teens... [/B][/QUOTE] Alma has been used as a female name in the past, that's about the only thing that keeps me from wanting to name a son that. I remember I was once considering the name Abinadi ;) that'd be cool. Or what about Helaman? I just remembered that I like the name Benjamin, like King Benjamin. I was talking once to an LDS guy from Germany. He was named after Mathoni, one of the twelve on the American continent (3 Nephi 19:4). And yeah, naming a kid Mormon would be a one-way ticket to inactivity.....ooh, just think if they were living in Salt Lake... O.O I thought up a new name today. It's a unisex name I guess. Girl: Taylor Rae Boy: Taylor Ray o_O? I like the girl spelling more. -EDiT- I just thought of another boys' name I like a lot: Ian.
Sephiroth Posted January 6, 2003 Posted January 6, 2003 Well as most of you know, my daughter's name is June, I picked it out myself :) As for a possible future son (hope it isn't anytime soon, lol), I always liked the name Jasim for some odd reason Future daughter however I don't have a clue yet :bluesweat
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now