Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I tend to go to places such as ign or gamespot. But for reviews, I really like the ones from [url]www.gamezone.com[/url] because they tend to look at the fun in a game instead of all the graphics and such. They actually checked out how fun Bounty Hunter was and gave it a 9.0. And other games such as Burnout which was pretty decent got an 8.5 just as it deserves. While other game sites gave 7's and such.
Posted
[color=indigo]I like [url]www.nintendo.com[/url] for official Nintendo news, [url]www.gamespot.com[/url] for some previews and stuff like that, and I also subscribe to Nintendo Power and Electronic Gaming Monthly for reviews and just general info. Sometimes I'll go to IGN, but not often, and for some reason my computer just doesn't like GameSpy's sites. My browser tends to crash a lot when I view their sites. >_<[/color]
Posted
[color=#507AAC]I rarely go to IGN these days for anything other than movies and stuff. IGN's quality is rapidly slipping away.

I mostly tend to visit sites such as PlanetGameCube and Gaming-Age. But generally speaking, I don't really visit sites for information. Usually I go to the source of the information -- the company itself. When you are involved in the gaming media, you don't really tend to read a lot of other publications. But there are some select ones that I like to read now and then.[/color]
Posted
well, I visit gamers.com mostly. But, if I want news from certain companies, I'll go to their web site (i.e. [url]www.nintendo.com[/url] or [url]www.sega.com[/url]). Then I steal all their info, and put it on my site, cause I'm evil
Posted
I generally pop around various Japanese sites attempting to use Altavista to translate things. Generally all I wind up with are a bunch of random pictures, but it's enjoyable.

Otherwise, just Gaming-Age. IGN every so often if they have some great movie, or they bother to update their Q&A section. Everything I don't find out about, someone winds up telling me about on AIM anyway (mostly James if anyone heh).
Posted
When I want the latest and greatest in gaming information, I visit Otakuboards! Yes, that's right, Otakuboards.com! Their lines are always open to provide current, spot-on information twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Ask for Semjaza Azazel, and tell him Crazy White Boy sent 'ya!

Seriously enough, I visit GameSpot on occasion and browse IGN a bit. Because I don't have Insider, I'm not able to look at a lot of their media though. :o
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]When I want the latest and greatest in gaming information, I visit Otakuboards! Yes, that's right, Otakuboards.com![/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I know you are joking, but I do visit OB's gaming forums to keep up with the latest news. Between Semjaza Azazel and James' topics I am able to understand a lot without reading too much. IGN loads too slowly on my computer anyway.

And if all else fails, I still have that subscription to EGM.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[b][color=003399]I've only ever visited IGN once or twice, and the same goes for Gamespot.

Mostly I visit Gamespy or read the newsletter that fills my inbox every day, but normally I just read gaming magazines. :)[/b][/color]
Posted
[b][color=003399]If I'm not mistaken, aren't the 'Planet' websites all under the Gamespy network?

I could be terribly wrong, but I occassionaly go to 'Planet Annihilation' and that's part of Gamespy.[/b][/color]
Posted
Planet Gamecube is the final form of another website (OPN2k I think, that or they kind of just merged into a final site). They are not part of Gamespy, despite the name.

Gamespy apparently tried to either acquire them, or simply the domain, but I guess PGC wasn't happy with the deal. Right now, Gamespy has it's own Nintendo section. It's simply called Planet Nintendo.
Posted
Heh, I have to say that I get my information from Electronic Gaming Monthly. *ducks under table*

They have previews, they have reviews, they have articles, and for the most part, I agree with them. Plus I'm just looking for a gaming magazine to take around, not something that's going to go too detail into things; I want to play the games myself.

So yes, ha ha, I use EGM to get my gaming info. ;)
Posted
EGM is probably the best of the magazines out right now. GMR just came out, but so far it sounds rather lame in my opinion.

I just got a free yearlong subscription to EGM today actually :D.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...