OtakuBoards

A Message to adam and all other Staff

Guest Tyco

Ive noticed that people are getting away with alot on this boards , espically with foul language and disrespect to staff , why arent thies members banned? Have the staff gotten lazy???? :sleep:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tyco [/i]
[B]Ive noticed that people are getting away with alot on this boards , espically with foul language and disrespect to staff , why arent thies members banned? Have the staff gotten lazy???? :sleep: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]I agree that people are swearing too much (even if that includes symbols), and yes, we do warn people who we feel swear too much.

However, there are two issues. Firstly, we can't ban people too liberally. If that happens, we'd have no members left! lol.

And secondly, we can't be too quick to ban or too strict with people. As long as people are given fair warning...and try to tone their language down, we accept that.

People who continually swear often and who refuse to tone down their language will be banned, it's as simple as that.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jeff [/i]
[B]as long as i don't curse directly at members..right? i mean com'n..even "d a m n" word is censored..:rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]I agree that d a m n shouldn't be censored. But no cursing is allowed...regardless of who you are saying it to or what it's about. [/color]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i think more things should be censored... i mean... **** should be censored... cause well... i cant think of a time **** shouldnt be... i have to take care of a 3 year old... so i tend to watch my mouth a little... worst you will hear me say should be $hit or @$$... i edit a lot of peoples cussing in my forums... cause to me d@mmit is cussing... while yes... it does restrict what we can say... i hate reading posts that have **** all over it... but i would rather have that than FUK across my screen!!![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Well i will be the first to admit I will cuss occationally... Rarely do you see a whole paragraph full of the "s-word" and the "f-word"...

If there is consistant use of the f word I will normally edit the post... esspecially if it's used in a rude manner.... I only use cuss words to emphasize certain other words or phrases. I try not to use them so much now, but i do occationally, sometimes you just can't get the feeling across with a cuss word :)

I personally think all cuss words shoul dnot be censored... only words that are deemed offensive to race, nationality, and whatnot. Like the N word... f-ag, faggot, and you know.... cuss words don't really offend anyone... except god if you believe in him, which I techniically don't in the way i think of him... cussing is just freedom of speech, as is those other words, but those are offencive... i dunno.... i confused myself...

Eh, cuss words are not too bad to me. I say them on a day to day bases. Yes I know they're bad, and I shouldn't say them. But some of you are complete idiots and the only way, I find it easy to make fun of you, is when I cuss. :) - I will start by cutting my " foul language " down a bit. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=darkblue]

However, there are two issues. Firstly, we can't ban people too liberally. If that happens, we'd have no members left! lol.

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'd still be here :p I've never acutally been rude or said a cuss word on theotaku.com... the worst i ever said was for sumone to shutup but i doubt thats bad...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]

I'd still be here :p I've never acutally been rude or said a cuss word on theotaku.com... the worst i ever said was for sumone to shutup but i doubt thats bad... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Heh, "cuss". That isn't a word we use in the Midwest. Is it like a Southern/West Coast/East Coast thing? We call it swearing...not cussing...[/color]

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Heh, "cuss". That isn't a word we use in the Midwest. Is it like a Southern/West Coast/East Coast thing? We call it swearing...not cussing...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, I learned this lesson...when I first moved to this town (to Michigan From Ohio), I got made fun of a few times for using the term "cuss"...so I quickly converted to "swearing"...Yeah, kids can be pretty d@mn rude sometimes...

[SIZE=1]I cuss responsibly, I won't just come out and say it if it doesn't make sense with what I'm saying.. but mostly I just find an alternate word, like "dag nerbit" instead of "gawd d@mnit" or "kerplunk" instead of the "f-word" (as in, what the kerplunk?)... I dont cuss much in normal posts.. though I tend to every so often in RPGs, but still then do I cuss responsibly..[/SIZE]

The truth is.... I don't swear. (Midwesterner here...LoL)

I'm a pretty naive little kid, sometimes.... I didn't even KNOW most of the swear words till about seventh or eighth grade... What can I say, I live a sheltered life...

I don't feel comfortable using curse words. I find them rude, and unnecessary.

One of my favorite quotes: "The frequent use of swear words is a sure sign of a small vocabulary." One of my very good friends used to say that. I don't know where he got it from originally.

I use other words... scorch...("Scorch it!"), chocolate...(many thanks to Ginny...:rolleyes: --"What the chocolate?")..crum, and a few others...

[color=darkblue]I personally have nothing against the occasional swear word, as long as it's not too major.

But you would be surprised at the amount of complaints I receive from visitors who complain about lots of swearing.

So I guess we just have to be responsible to the younger members of the board.[/color]

[Font=ariel][Color=darkred][B]I believe that mostly everyone on these boards have once cussed on these boards before. I probably have to. I has became a habit to everyone and it is getting even worse then it already is. I agree with James but i think that u shold suspend people who u catch that cuss for like a certain amount of time or whatever. this cussing trend has taken all kids and teenagers and it is very bad. I am not saying that i don't cuss because i have a tendence to cuss here and there but i try my hardest not to get angery. I belive this cussing thing has gotten way out of hand.[/B][/font][/color]:)