OtakuBoards

About Gamecube online

SS5 Gogeta

GTA's are pretty darn wacky I say, pretty wacky indeed. But hey I like em, I like those wacky games as well, mr. mosquito's and such. I am fan either way. I don't say why people have to like criticize GTA for being a dumb game to them. I play to have fun, GTA is fun. There are other fun games but GTA just stands out. GTA is popular in the mainstream so is pokemon but noone says anything bout that. Just mindless rantings when the subject of GTA is brought up.

I know this is kinda off the subject, but I have a question regarding connection speed. I was wondering if anyone knew how choppy it would be to play PSO with a slow 28,800 bps connection? I was thinking about getting it, but because of my slow connection I am not sure I would get very much enjoyment out of the game.

Mister Mosquito was originally on the Dreamcast, stuck in Japan, but i guess the people who made [i]that[/i] game figured out that the had a market for the game when they saw all the imports, and they brought it to PS2

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i]
[B]I know this is kinda off the subject, but I have a question regarding connection speed. I was wondering if anyone knew how choppy it would be to play PSO with a slow 28,800 bps connection? I was thinking about getting it, but because of my slow connection I am not sure I would get very much enjoyment out of the game. [/B][/QUOTE]

Probably very frustrating. I have 56k, it averages around 48.0 kbps. That works fine but ocasionally it will connect at around 26.8kpbs, It lags, you can't see peoples chat messages forever, it seems like your the only one playing because their actions and talking is delayed on your screen. I thought my connection sucked but....wow!

Yeah but they made the game so well so that a slow connection only affects others and items, not yourself, as in you can still kill stuff and walk around, and the game doesnt go slow like some games (i have no idea why the fps goes slow when the connection does)

GCN has no online plan right now. They are on the fence, twiddling there thumbs and waiting to see what everyone else does. Yamuchi did not want Nintendo to go online so fast because it isn't a big market in Japan like it is here. Well, Yamuachi is out now, so who knows what could happen. Hopefully the new guy in charge (Iwata?) will decide to make GCN an online heavy console. Hopefully it will allow everyone to play, from AOL 56kers to broadband users.

Oh, and Ghost N Goblins Online was announced today for all consoles, including GCN. Not a lot of information has been released except for an announcemnt. GCN online games +1!

[color=#808080]Actually, Nintendo does have online plans for GameCube. It has already announced the structure through which third parties can develop online games for GameCube.

In addition, Nintendo itself is developing several online games for the console.

GameCube will [i]never[/i] be an "online heavy" game system, simply because online gaming is highly unlikely to become a true money making venture for several years to come. Sony and Microsoft are not expecting to be profitable with online gaming; they're simply laying the foundations for an emerging market.[/color]

Also Nintendo has nothing to do with AOL users not getting on with GCN, its not a compatibility issue. Its a little thing called "sublimable(whatever the spelling is...) advertising"...They make you use their program to advertise to you, but what keeps you from making a connection in Dialup Networking and setting the username/password/numbers? Well they put a feature in the program that turns they password/username that you think is your real one and turn it into a new one using encrypting type patterns....really, you can go on with aol on your modem, you just have to find out what your REAL username and REAL password.....although now they have probably figured out that people are doing it and are making the servers check to see if you are actually connecting with AOL or not.........I just think its stupid that you pay so much a month, then they still advertise to you....