tabmow Posted February 6, 2003 Posted February 6, 2003 Should Anime Clubs be allowed in Schools ? I would also like a justification for your answer. Such as a benifit or detriment to a school Anime Club. ( I am mainly refering to the high school level)
Transtic Nerve Posted February 6, 2003 Posted February 6, 2003 ANY club should be allowed in school as long as it doesn't promote or do any harm to any people, places, or things, regardless of subject.
Lady Macaiodh Posted February 6, 2003 Posted February 6, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tabmow [/i] [B]Should Anime Clubs be allowed in Schools ? [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=darkblue]why wouldn't they be? does your school really suck?[/COLOR]
Enishi Posted February 6, 2003 Posted February 6, 2003 All clubs should be allowed... specially anime ones so I can join them! ^_^
Subversive Posted February 6, 2003 Posted February 6, 2003 My school is sooo small it has nothing. We (in Texas) have to have two languages credits (if not on the minimum program) to graduate. That would be no big deal if it weren't for the fact we only have one language, Spanish! I would love to have taken Japanese. We have like one club, no wait two, Enviromental Club and Math Club. Math Club is really just an honors achievment not a club. I HATE MY SCHOOL... :bawl: :mad:
Charles Posted February 6, 2003 Posted February 6, 2003 I don't think that your school, itself, should fund an anime club. Anime isn't really relevant to academics or anything. In my schools, we were always free to start our own clubs and the school would gladly provide space for it. Usually teachers are happy to see students get together and do something constructive with their time. As Transtic Nerve said, schools will allow most clubs as long as they don't promote anything harmful. Just find people who share your interest in anime and talk to the principal....
vegeta rocker Posted February 6, 2003 Posted February 6, 2003 What teacher would sponsor it anyway? Except for geometry teachers with no lives.
Ninjaman Posted February 6, 2003 Posted February 6, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by vegeta rocker [/i] [B]What teacher would sponsor it anyway? Except for geometry teachers with no lives. [/B][/QUOTE] Funny, I actually have a geometry teacher in mind from my school that would probably sponsor an anime club. But an anime club would be pretty cool to have, I mean we have a video game club at my school, so why not an anime club?
Subversive Posted February 6, 2003 Posted February 6, 2003 I want to go to your schools :bawl: My school blows. Where do you live? I'll be there by Sunday :naughty:
Rhys Mayiessen Posted February 7, 2003 Posted February 7, 2003 [color=navy]My school has an Anime club. I think they watch animes every friday or something I've never been to it cause of my swim team but I have wanted to see what it was like. Then I think there is another club at my school called Drawing Manga or something where well you learn to draw manga.[/color]
Guest Meier_Link Posted February 11, 2003 Posted February 11, 2003 This topic would get more attention in the Anime Lounge My school has an Anime club called "Anime Otaku" yeah, you know you wanna be there. It shows you how to draw anime too
Fall Posted February 11, 2003 Posted February 11, 2003 Our school had one a few months ago. Then some morons decided to spread crap about it, and soon everyone was against it. Haha. I was never in it, though that's because I find no interest in anime. :drunk:
Spikey Posted February 11, 2003 Posted February 11, 2003 They should be allowed to. Accepting to some rules, such as must get permission to watch certain animes, and stuff like that. I'm hoping that I can join a club here, soon. I know one, and it's runned by this get. They just gotta finish the anime there watching...
vegeta rocker Posted February 11, 2003 Posted February 11, 2003 The one we had was alright, we saw some Nadesico and some Ranma and some La Blue Girl-just kidding! Darn school rules, darn +18 rating.....
Kei Posted February 11, 2003 Posted February 11, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i] [B]Anime isn't really relevant to academics or anything.[/B][/QUOTE] [color=royalblue]I wouldn't declare that entirely true. Animé, 9 times out of ten, often has much better animation quality that many cartoons are beginning to utilze and has a basis for study, so it would sort of tie into art. ^^ I would be all for an Animé Club at our school. We have a very large amount of animé fans here, and I think that a club would be great. My friends and I have founded one of the very few Animé Clubs in my city, and we have a pretty big member total, so it would be nice if we could see that kind of thing in school. Sort of a "Unity through Animé," lol.[/color]
Guest Meier_Link Posted February 15, 2003 Posted February 15, 2003 What teacher would sponsor it anyway? Except for geometry teachers with no lives. The one we had was alright, we saw some Nadesico and some Ranma and some La Blue Girl-just kidding! Darn school rules, darn +18 rating..... Vegeta Rocker, you said, "What teacher would sponsor it anyway? Except for geometry teachers with no lives.", in one of yur posts even tho you've just told everyone that u had one at yur school. What's up with that? And anyway, u don't think mentioning La Blue Girl isn't appropriate in forums? Afterall, there are a lot of young people here, and I have no respect for people that watches that pathetic stuff. It just shows the intent of the directors of that film, and that makes them losers.
bra Posted February 15, 2003 Posted February 15, 2003 We made a club by ourselves. The teachers that we had really sucked, even the geometry teachers! So all the people who liked anime got together and formed our own little group. We had a leader who would tell all of the group when and where the meeting would take place and what we were going to be whatching and all. I was second in command and my boyfriend was first. But that was about five or six years ago... So just to give you a rough idea on how my life went while in school... :D
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo Posted February 15, 2003 Posted February 15, 2003 Well I definitely think anime clubs should be allowed in schools. infact and ZeroG214 can vouch for that this, I founded a rather popular anime club in my high school. Teacher response was rather accepting and since a senior was in charge of the club there were no problems. The only issue in funding is a simple on if your high school doesn't pay for it, then have everyone pay dues about 2 or 3 dollars a person should do it. Then you probably will have enough to cover the funds for your club on your own. If you want more advice on how to go about making a rather successful anime club drop me a line. I can most certainly help you out on that one! ;)
XxmagentaxX Posted February 15, 2003 Posted February 15, 2003 my school has an anime club, but shouldn't it's run a communist. i was kicked out cuz I knew more then they did and they didnt want me warping of they're followers minds.... They call me the "Evil One" Am I evil? Kinda pathetic if you ask me But yea of course anime clubs should be allowed... They can't not have a club... Thats against freedom of expression.. Isn't it?? That counts right? Well unless it's a communist club and you wanna kill people...
vegeta rocker Posted February 15, 2003 Posted February 15, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Meier_Link [/i] [B]What teacher would sponsor it anyway? Except for geometry teachers with no lives. The one we had was alright, we saw some Nadesico and some Ranma and some La Blue Girl-just kidding! Darn school rules, darn +18 rating..... Vegeta Rocker, you said, "What teacher would sponsor it anyway? Except for geometry teachers with no lives.", in one of yur posts even tho you've just told everyone that u had one at yur school. What's up with that? And anyway, u don't think mentioning La Blue Girl isn't appropriate in forums? Afterall, there are a lot of young people here, and I have no respect for people that watches that pathetic stuff. It just shows the intent of the directors of that film, and that makes them losers. [/B][/QUOTE] yikes take a proverbial chill pill. i was joking about the blue girl thing, and just to clarify on the club thing.... tabmow is a geometry teacher and he sponsored it. I was making a joke on him. The blue girl thing was also a joke on him since i usually mention it just to fluster him.
Impact Player Posted February 16, 2003 Posted February 16, 2003 I don't think that there will be anything related to Animé here in Texas. If you were to mention Animé to somebody here in Conroe, they would respond by saying that they only watched Dragon Ball Z.:-\ The only person that I know in these boards who lives in Conroe is a member by the name of Yu Yu Hakusho!
VP-Master Posted February 17, 2003 Posted February 17, 2003 I think anime should be allowed in school. Since it is extra-curricular, and most anime have some good themes that schools should't mind. You guys are lucky to have an anime club with good support. We had one in our school last year (My English teacher from last year was somehow interested with Japanese culture) but the club didn't last cuz their were only 2 or 3 people there. Nobody seems to appreciate anime in my school.
black cat 2 Posted February 18, 2003 Posted February 18, 2003 i think i'll get some anime fans together i think an anime club in my school would be a good idea.
Subversive Posted February 20, 2003 Posted February 20, 2003 My schools so small and country a whole 6 people would show up. Well, thats the number of people who publicly talk about Anime, for some reason some people might conceal it. (I don't know why)
ThePikasElbow Posted February 26, 2003 Posted February 26, 2003 Six people if we're lucky SD. I'd love to be in an anime club. I don't want to be the only one supplying it though, becuase then it would just be people mooching off my DVDs. Also, I constantly have a ton of homework, so I couldn't see myself attending all the meetings and such. It would be fun for summer, or maybe in college.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now