OtakuBoards

Maul or Vader?

Yoda

Sorry, Matt.D I should explain it better!
If if they both met somehow at they're primes, then who would win?
Also, you may say Darth Maul is weak mentally but was Luke not also Mentally Weak when he defeated Darth Vader? He was just angry, and even then, he wasn't as fast as Darth Maul is!
Anyway, Darth maul seemed pretty darn confident to me! Taking on two Jedi's at once and all!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS Trunks [/i]
[B]Anyway, Darth maul seemed pretty darn confident to me! Taking on two Jedi's at once and all!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Heh, that's what I mean. I think Maul was [i]overly[/i] confident. In the SW universe, that tends to be some peoples' demise.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Flik [/i]
[B]Darth Maul would win. Since you know he has a double saber and Darth Vader only has a single saber. That would be a MAJOR factor in the duel. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Ah, but Obi-Wan beat Maul with a single blade, and he was only a Padawan. Think of what a Dark Master could do. (I luuuv Star Wars. I think you guys like Episode I a little too much...:rolleyes: The classics were a lot better, they are the true heart of SW :p)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Flik [/i]
[B]Darth Maul would win. Since you know he has a double saber and Darth Vader only has a single saber. That would be a MAJOR factor in the duel. [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]Dude,...Darth Vader'd win..(btw, I no jack about SW)
Darth Maul has two sabers, sure,...but that makes him have to be twice as careful...I mean, if he goes to strike one way,..he might hack his own legs off with the other side,..major downer...plus,..Darth Maul's red and black,...Red and Black never go together...do you see?[/b]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS Trunks [/i]
[B]Sorry, Matt.D I should explain it better!
If if they both met somehow at they're primes, then who would win?
Also, you may say Darth Maul is weak mentally but was Luke not also Mentally Weak when he defeated Darth Vader? He was just angry, and even then, he wasn't as fast as Darth Maul is!
Anyway, Darth maul seemed pretty darn confident to me! Taking on two Jedi's at once and all!!! [/B][/QUOTE][color=rainbow] Oh, ok then I say it would be a tie, they'd both end up killing themselves.;) [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt.D [/i]
[B][color=rainbow] Oh, ok then I say it would be a tie, they'd both end up killing themselves.;) [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]Hmph...*mutter mutter* noone ever quotes me, or even reads my replies,...if you read my stupid reply,..then you'd understand that Vader'd win...*mutter mutter*....[/b]

Ofcourse, the master, the gret one, the best d@mn man dressed in black, Darth Vader would win....

Why: simply put. Mind power.... sure Maul knew hw to use the force, but he was weak... a simple apprentice... However he was fast and flamboyant... something vader lacks, but it all comes down to mental ability and experience... Vader being the most experienced would have the upper hand... he can sense attacks, he is quick with his hands...

However.... I dunno if the Return of the Jedi Vader and the A new Hope Vader are the same... their mentality is different.. in Jedi, Luke had gotten into Vader mind, causing him to be confusd alot... his mental capasity was not as strong as it was in A new Hope. In A New Hope, Vader was pure evil... nothing would stop him. He'd kill who ever needed killing.... So if A new Hope Vader went against Maul, I'd say Vader all the way... if Jedi Vader went against Maul... I'd say it's be rather even till Vader found a weakness and then he is naturally smarter and would exploit this weekness, and then kill Maul... however this battle wouldn't be in Vaders upper hand like it would if New Hope Vader was battling him.

on a side note: Obiwan-san would beat them both.... easily..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt.D [/i]
[B][color=rainbow] Actually, Darth Vadar would win cuz Darth Maul was around when Darth Vader was a kid, so Darth Maul would be soo old and Britle, he couldn't fight. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
good point.

Originally posted by Baby Girl:

Ah, but Obi-Wan beat Maul with a single blade, and he was only a Padawan. Think of what a Dark Master could do.

Yeah but he was battling 2 Jedi for ages and then Qui Gon Jinn by himself before battling Obi Wann. So he must have been knackered but he still managed to knock him down into the reactor by using force may I add!