Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Im not talking about just people who own a guitar or something I mean that you play it regularly and make your own music. Basicaly a real musician.

I play alot of the Electric Guitar but I am moving towards the acoustic now. I dont really make music or anything on my guitar I just play with it some but I do do alot of stuff on my keyboard. I have a really nice casio. If everything goes good I should be able to have some of my songs for you all to sample soon. That is if anyone cares.
Guest Twisted Face
Posted
cool,im in a band...a cover band
Posted
I can play drums, piano, a little of flute and trumpet, and harmonica (if that even counts:p)
writing music wise, I wrote my own little musical version of the Christmas song Angels We Have Heard On High in 3rd grade
and it's DARN GOOD for a third grader, too!:p
Posted
Yeah Im more into synths but I would like to eventually get some turn tables to add to it. Right now all I have is My Casio butI am working on getting a rythm board. Transtic if you can every upload anything you have made if you still have it I would love to hear it.

Well I am out for a while. I am going to watch my new Neo Genisis DVD. :)
Posted
I play the drums (snare drum in marching band and regular drum set) and a bit of piano, and a bit of guitar. I say a bit because there's only so much I can play. I have ridiculously small hands, my pinky measures only two inches. two friggin inches! It's like a little nub compared to other peoples' fingers.... but anyway, you can't play half the guitar songs that are out there if you can't do bar chords. That is something I cannot do *cries*. But anyway, that's what I play..
Posted
I'm a ****ing awesome vocalist and I really wanna' start a band bad cuz' I have like a bajillion songs wrote out but I need actual musicians that can read, write and play music. And it's kinda' hard to do that in a small midwestern town.
Guest Majin Gohan
Posted
I play the sax. But I'm not very good. If I practiced maybe i would be
Posted
I do a lot of improvising on songs that I know... I love singing, especially stuff from Rodgers and Hammerstein. [Gotta love [I]The Sound of Music[/I] :D] I also play clarinet, have for maybe five years.

But singing is what I love.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Seifer [/i]
[B]Im not talking about just people who own a guitar or something I mean that you play it regularly and make your own music. Basicaly a real musician.

I play alot of the Electric Guitar but I am moving towards the acoustic now. I dont really make music or anything on my guitar I just play with it some but I do do alot of stuff on my keyboard. I have a really nice casio. If everything goes good I should be able to have some of my songs for you all to sample soon. That is if anyone cares. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]I used to make electronic music on my computer. My friend is a DJ, and so I had access to some really awesome industrial equipment.

I made my first track a long time ago...but I've lost it, I didn't save it anywhere...and subsequently, my computer had to be formatted due to a virus. So I've lost it :( It was pretty good though...[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lightning_Baron [/i]
[B]im an "amature" dance music producer, computer + programs + me = dance tracks [/B][/QUOTE]

eJay, Mixman or Fruityloops? :P
I use Frootyloops 3...it rules.
Posted
Yes, I have been playing piano for 11 years. No, not because I'm forced, but because I enjoy practicing for hours at a time. I do a bit of my own composing, but nothing that goes down on paper. Basically, I have an ongoing improvisation which changes as I figure out how things sound better, with things borrowed from classical music (such as a chord progression), but with jazz elements. I have played violin for 6 years now, but I have slacked off and focused in more on piano.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by masterfork [/i]
[B]Yes, I have been playing piano for 11 years. No, not because I'm forced, but because I enjoy practicing for hours at a time. I do a bit of my own composing, but nothing that goes down on paper. Basically, I have an ongoing improvisation which changes as I figure out how things sound better, with things borrowed from classical music (such as a chord progression), but with jazz elements. I have played violin for 6 years now, but I have slacked off and focused in more on piano. [/B][/QUOTE]

dude that's awesome, I love hearing people play the piano. Have you ever played anything by Jon Schmidt?? If I ever hear you play "All of Me" I'll worship you forever :D sorry, but I absolutely love that song, and I've yet to hear anyone play it beside Scmidtty himself in a concert.
Posted
I'm sorry, I have never played Schmidt, but I'll see what I can do about getting the music to that =]. Anyway, if you do want to hear some stuff that I played, there's a thread somewhere that I started with some stuff, including the zelda theme.. Jeez those recordings suck, too many mistakes - I get fishy around tapes =]. Yah, so if I somehow end up with the music, I'll play it through.

(oh, I did meet Adam today =])
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by masterfork [/i]
[B]I'm sorry, I have never played Schmidt, but I'll see what I can do about getting the music to that =]. Anyway, if you do want to hear some stuff that I played, there's a thread somewhere that I started with some stuff, including the zelda theme.. Jeez those recordings suck, too many mistakes - I get fishy around tapes =]. Yah, so if I somehow end up with the music, I'll play it through.

(oh, I did meet Adam today =]) [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah, I know what you mean about getting 'fishy' when you're being recorded. So you met Adam?? Post in the "Masterfork and I" thread, tell about y'all's visit! :)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kottonknot [/i]
[B]

eJay, Mixman or Fruityloops? :P
I use Frootyloops 3...it rules. [/B][/QUOTE]

ive used fruityloops 2.x (summat) a bit, its good, ejay its wot got me started, i now use programs like rebirth, jeskola buzz, ocasionally Cubase, and cool edit for editing my samples, havent actually finished a track in ages tho, i always get about halfway then think it doesnt sound good anymore and just delete it, but i think everyone gets board when u hear the same thing over and over just so u can edit bits to sound right
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lightning_Baron [/i]
[B]

ive used fruityloops 2.x (summat) a bit, its good, ejay its wot got me started, i now use programs like rebirth, jeskola buzz, ocasionally Cubase, and cool edit for editing my samples, havent actually finished a track in ages tho, i always get about halfway then think it doesnt sound good anymore and just delete it, but i think everyone gets board when u hear the same thing over and over just so u can edit bits to sound right [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Does anyone use Acid Pro or Sound Forge? Those programs are awesome...but incredibly expensive.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...