Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Wow... no one's started a thread on this yet? oO;

Annyways, I saw this movie a day after it came out, and it was hilarious! ^_^
Jackie Chan was great in this movie. The action scenes were really, really amazing, and very well choreographed. The outakes in the end were also the best. All of them were really, really funny. ^^

What did you think about it? :whoops:

My score: 4/5[/color] [/size]
Posted
You know, the film is receiving fairly good reviews, which surprises me. I figured that the original would have exhausted the possibilities and gags, but [i]Shanghai Knights[/i] is still pretty fresh. The characters are as charming as ever and the choreography in the fight scenes are up to the usually high standards of a Jackie Chan film. Very elaborate. Also, I love how they tie the characters into American History.

[spoiler]Like, how they introduce Sherlock Holmes and Charlie Chaplain, for example.[/spoiler]

But, I feel that [i]Shanghai Knights[/i] fell well short of [i]Shanghai Noon[/i] in a few aspects. I mean, the movie seemed...dumber. The jokes were more hokey, just not as funny. Plus, the "odd couple" pairing gimmick has been done to death in recent years. There just aren't enough opportunities to shock the audience.

The good outweighs the bad by far though. This isn't the best movie ever, or a must see, but it's a good time. I can't wait to see the final movie in the series, [i]Shanghai Dawn[/i]. It should be awesome.
Posted
[color=darkblue]I haven't seen it yet, because it isn't out over here :( But I was a fan of the first one. If this one lives up to it predecesor I can't wait to see it. ^_^ [/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B][color=royal blue]My mother and brother went to go see it. Mom said it was Shanghai Noon all over again, just a different country.

Mmmpff. oO;[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow everyone I talked to about this Jump kicking comedic masterpiece says its actually differant. They even dared to say it was better. WHAT a sequel of an Action movie better, yes that is what they said. I must see this movie!
Posted
It's better than its predecessor in my opinion. The umbrella scene (for anyone who has seen it) will be something Jackie Chan will be remembered for. It was great. The action and comedy was fit in just perfectly throughout the film. Owen Wilson and Jackie Chan have great chemistry together. This is definitely one to see and to keep when it's released. :)
Posted
[b]I LOVED this movie...it was so freaking funny!

I couldn't stop laughing, except at the beginning and part of the end.Aidan Gillen was just too serious which made him cool.Jackie and Owen were funny, and Fann Wong must work out alot.[/b]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...