Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[b]As you noticed my banners from the past kinda sucked.The Naruto one was o.k I guess but the others meh...

It's just a centered piccy of Vash with some random texts.I used a Guassian blur.[/b]
Posted
personally i dont like the effect of blurring images, too me its like purposly making it look worse, besides rare banners that make it look good, other than that i like it.
Posted
font sucks, the blur sucks. Nice try, but no.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jenni [/i]
[B]font sucks, the blur sucks. Nice try, but no. [/B][/QUOTE]

its a shame that not everyone can be as good as you.


if Vash's edges were a little sharper, i think it would be fine.
still needs something to fill the white space, though.
Posted
Auron? *drools*

I like it, but what bugs me is how Vash is suddenly cut off at the top and bottom in the center.

Which means either a border, or more prominent dropshadows. And I see nary a thing wrong with the blur. A little rough on the eyes at first, but I like it.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jenni [/i]
[B]font sucks, the blur sucks. Nice try, but no. [/B][/QUOTE]

Must agree.

Take away the dropshadow on the typo, un-blur the typo, take out that "roxorz" stuff, and add a border, it'll simple but a lot better.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jenni [/i]
[B]font sucks, the blur sucks. Nice try, but no. [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]Well sorry, don't have to be that harsh.

I changed it.I lit up the face,added a border,don't have too much text.[/b]
Posted
I like the newer one better! ^_^ I've always been one for simple banners, and this one is simple. I feel it gets its point across without using fancy text, or special effects. The colours contrast well, and I like it all!

Quite good. Quite good! ^_^

--Sere
Posted
'Tis my job, dearie. 'Tis my job.

However, upon seeing the point that SPX pulled up, I do believe that the banner would look better if you had something in the lower right corner, perchance your signature? In my mind, that would balance the banner out, but I'm sure some would disagree. ^^;;

*shrugs* Ah, 'tis only my opinion.

--Sere
Posted
[b]I lightened his face more in this piccy and use an effect called "Burn" on his clothes.

If your wondering the "Aug.28.01" in the pic is for when I joined here...fond memories...

I added the quote in my sig to it.

EDIT:Changed the font color.[/b]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jenni [/i]
[B]font sucks, the blur sucks. Nice try, but no. [/B][/QUOTE]

As if YOU are so great :rolleyes:

AW: Its a very nice banner, but the blue txt could be black I guesse...
Posted
You dont have to be great at making banners and so on to know what you're talking about, most of her posts that i've seen have been pretty true.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Pud [/i]
[B]hehe yeah starngly i see little of her work. U need a cool backround also [/B][/QUOTE]

Because I don't open photoshop much. And I'm critiquing it... It's not too harsh.

The font does not match, it's techy, while the picture is kind of blurred. Techy and blurry generally do not match. Techie is about sharpness, while you use blur, which is too soft for such a font. The small font was a good idea, but I'd change it. The banner itself is rather bland, a plain white background with a stock photo is not my idea of a great banner. I'm sorry.

I never said I was good. If you find proof that I'm so "good", trenton, I will withdraw my last statement. I critique. If you all don't like the way I critique, which tends to clash against your softer remarks, I would hardly call it critiquing at times, . I eventually add why it could be improved, as I did with this.


[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kenji [/i]
[B]You dont have to be great at making banners and so on to know what you're talking about, most of her posts that i've seen have been pretty true. [/B][/QUOTE]


Thank you Kenji.... I needed that :)


Edit: I see you changed it a little, I still don't like the fonts,but I just noticed the new banner, my b.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...