Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]Okay, does anyone think this new reality show that is about to come on is the stupidest thing you've ever heard of besides me?

What the gist of it is: there are a certain amount of people (I'm not sure how many) who are tired of dating and want to get hitched. Deal is, the people (us) vote for the person we like with them best. I am so tired of all this reality TV crap.

On the commercials, they show all these attractive males and females who are on the show and want to be married, but what gets me is, what do these people look like without having a professional do their hair and make up for them? It's just a thought...[/color][/size]
Posted
what i dont get is why all the "reality tv" is so UNrealistic. why is that? they put people in situations that probably wouldnt ever happen under normal circumstances.
the morons are going, "but what if..."
there is no "what if". it wont happen.
Posted
[color=darkblue]I don't think there's anyone alive who thinks this isn't a disaster waiting to happen.

I personally am hoping that the viewers will be so disgusted or bored that they'll vote for the worst, least compatible couple possible. That is actually something I might flip to once in awhile. You know, morbid curiosity, like a car crash.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B][color=darkblue]I personally am hoping that the viewers will be so disgusted or bored that they'll vote for the worst, least compatible couple possible. That is actually something I might flip to once in awhile. You know, morbid curiosity, like a car crash.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That is, assuming it's not fixed from the start *shifty eyes*

you never know..

but yeah.. it all seems pretty pointless and tasteless to me anyway..
Posted
[color=red] Bah, I hate reality TV. It's like spoon feed for some innocent baby. And I know I'm no baby, brotha. So I say down with the system, or just down with the reality. I want more classic sitcoms of yesteryear. I want an easter bunny that really is an easter bunny if you know what I mean. I want something that tastes like Seinfield with another piece of cheese cake on the side.[/color]
Posted
It's no more degrading to marriage than Joe Millionaire, Bachelorettes in Alaska and all these other horrible contests where people get married because FOX wants money. People still watch that crap. I guess marriage is trivial compared to that.
Posted
[color=red]Reality TV has hit an all-time low now. They aren't even trying for anything original, they're just drawing in viewers, then the companys complain when a different network has a hit (remember the Boot Camp and Survivor controversy?). FOX Execs. should be shot for doing such stupid, stuipd things...

--Chris[/color]
Posted
What Boot Camp and Survivor controversy?

Anyway, I think the first reality shows, back before it became a genre, were okay. Real World, Road Rules, etc. Of course, Fox isn?t about reality, it?s about shock. So the stupider, the better. Notice how hard it is for a good show to last any length of time on Fox? Whereas they?ll do anything to let crappy ones continue. The PJ?s was tried at four or five different timeslots, they promote the heck out of Fastlane, there are four When Animals Attack specials... but Firefly? Gone in half a season. Alien Nation? Forgot how long it lasted, but not long. Sliders? They threatened it with cancellation every year, and interfered with its direction to the point that when Fox got done with it, each episode was a ripoff of a B-movie. Only a great deal of people writing letters saved 24 and X-Files. (Letter writing can actually work sometimes. Whoda thunk it?) Fox wants fast cars, hot chicks, and people yelling at each other. Actual plot, actual merit, and actual worth just get in the way of the fluff that is really what they want.

Of course, the thing about Joe Millionaire and shows like that: They never fail to clean up in the ratings. The week hasn?t come where there weren?t at least three ?reality? shows in the top ten. Though ?reality TV? isn?t my thing, someone?s watching. Millions of someones are watching.
Posted
I've liked a couple of reality shows (Boot Camp, Joe Millionaire, Murder in Small Town X). However, I am actually interested in watching this show. While I find it to be immoral(sp?) and an insult to marriage, the curious side of me wants to see how this turns out.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]Okay, does anyone think this new reality show that is about to come on is the stupidest thing you've ever heard of besides me?

What the gist of it is: there are a certain amount of people (I'm not sure how many) who are tired of dating and want to get hitched. Deal is, the people (us) vote for the person we like with them best. I am so tired of all this reality TV crap.

On the commercials, they show all these attractive males and females who are on the show and want to be married, but what gets me is, what do these people look like without having a professional do their hair and make up for them? It's just a thought...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
THANK YOU!!! FINALLY someone who doesn't like reality TV!!
I am so sick and damn tired of it....every day, all the girls in my classes are like, "Did you watch American Idol, Kelsey?" "Did you see Joe Millionare last night?!?!"
It's always the same crap.
And now they have 'Married to America' to annoy us some more.
I'd like to know where people think up these stupid shows.

Sorry, but I've never seen anything worthwhile about watching those shows. Not really any point in watching them except for rotting you brain.
Posted
[FONT=arial]I usually don't mind reality t.v. that much, even if I don't watch it all the time, but this is disgusting. marriage isn't something you play around with, period. it thoroughly disheartens me to think that people would actually [i]want[/i] to be in a show like that, even though I'm not really that surprised.[/FONT]
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]Reality TV is the new trend. And the ones dealing with marriage are the most popular. It's just like anything else in society. It will eventually die away. The only ones I ever see and sometimes watch is American Idol (only the worst of, because it's so funny to see those people who can't sing think they can) and the one that came on MTV, Fear, I think it was called. That one scared me to DEATH. Then we got rid of our cable. But still, all the others just mirror one another and they are so sadly stupid.

Yes, it is degrading to marriage. It's especially sad that everyone seems so into it. It's like "Let's see how many times I can sleep with this guy before I get voted off."

By the way, I think MTV was the first to ever do reality TV that got popular. See how it backfired? Damn you, Real World!!!! [/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Devidramon [/i]
[B]What Boot Camp and Survivor controversy?
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red]CBS somehow found that Boot Camp was shockingly similar to Survivor and accused them of stealing the idea. More proof that CBS is just as stupid, since the only resemblance's between the two could have been avoided.

--Chris[/color]
Posted
I don't watch reality TV much, except for American Idol and that's about it. This Married by America thing won't work in my opinion, and I can't believe people would be that desperate to let America decide who they marry. I bet whoever gets married will probably be seen on Divorce Court...
Posted
I've been able to stand for reality TV before, but this really makes the whole buisness look lame. There is no way I'm going to watch this, since the whole idea of getting married by votes is just retarded. If ratings keep this show up for an entire season, I'll be absolutely amazed.
Posted
[color=0099ff]I think it's sad that these people are willing to show their lives on TV, and what's even worse is that they are willing to let Americans (Come on, half of us Yanks are a bunch of teenagers who don't know jack **** about good relationships!) choose the person that they will (Supposedly...HAH!) spend the rest of their lives with. Whoever comes up with these shows needs to be dragged into the middle of the street and shot.[/end rant][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rikku [/i]
[B][color=0099ff]...choose the person that they will (Supposedly...HAH!) spend the rest of their lives with.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
more like the rest of the week, a month at the most, until the money runs out, or they cant stand to be around each other any more. look back. has this type of "marriage" worked in the past? i didnt think so. what makes people think it will work now?

rotten teen-age hippie girls and all their "ooh..."s and "aww..."s
and "thats so sweet."s :sick:
Posted
[color=0099ff]Yes. I think some sort of plaque has washed up on the shores of the U.S. I mean, how is it possible that the networks are bombarding us with these horrible things? And the thing about society's females; wtf? I'm a girl, but I don't google at these shows like an airhead. I swear to god, anything shown on TV is used to suck out the brains of today's youth.[/color]
Posted
[color=0099ff]I know you weren't. I'm just voicing my thoughts. It was indirect. I was agreeing with you, then continuing with my views. :p[/color]
Posted
Please! We all know that as soon as each couple is paired up, their marriage will be anulled the next day.

Married By America is hardly "reality" TV. MTV's Real World, that's closer to reality. Pick a group of people, move them into a house/apartment/loft, give them a job, make no promises of money or fabulous prizes (to prevent constant back-stabbing), and watch the carnage/romance unfold.

If you ask me, though, you can blame all of this "reality" TV on Big Brother and Survivor. And you can blame Survivor on Real World and Road Rules and Gilligan's Island. And you can blame Gilligan's Island on Robinson Coruso and Swiss Family Robinson!

Point is, it sucks and I've given up watching "reality" for good ol' scripted television.
Posted
[color=0099ff]And now they are having an episode in some series which has to do with a reality series. It was about some woman whos kid is kidnapped as the reality show part. How far will they go? A rape reality show? O_o;;[/color]
Posted
Coming this fall to FOX, [i]American Rapist[/i]!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

When you say an episode in a series about a reality series (or whetever you just said), what exactly did you mean by that? A fake reality series on a TV show or something? :cross:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...