OtakuBoards

PS2 complaints

Matt.D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt.D [/i]
[B][color=rainbow] I heard that the PS2 has no ventalation system and it over heats in less than 30 minutes. I don't own a PS2, so I was wondering, is this true?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]I haven't had any overheating problems with mine. Even after playing GT3 for two hours last night...I picked up the machine to move it to another room...and it remained at room temperature.

So no, for me personally...I haven't experienced any overheating issues.[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue]Well 2 months ago when I got my PS2, the first day I played it 4 hours straight and nothing happened to it. When I take it to friends' houses, I usually play for two hours there and nothing happens. I'm sure Sony wouldn't be stupid enough to have no ventilaton system. That's a must.[/COLOR]

Even on the hot summer days (very rare) I play for hours with friends and it doesn't overheat. My old PSx though will overheat in about 2 hours of play.

Right now, I have no problems, other than the slight loading times in some games. Red Faction was a hassle for my PS2, it took 3 resets before the system could actually recognize the DVD.

I have not yet had any problems... We've left it on over night.... well my brother has.... thats like 10 hours of it being on, nothing happened... we've watched numerous movies at one time on it.. so fear nothing, Sony has made yet another great product...

On a side note... If I'm not mistaken I heard it was the first Japanese systems that had problems... they ofcourse fixed this before sending them out to other countries...

well...
ive played it (with a friend of course) for up to 6 hours, and it got really hot, but nuthing happened to it (disk undamaged and same with console itself)
BUT
sumetimes the memory card is read as "full" even tho i have like 4,000kb left, so u might hafta delete stuff if that ever happens.

[color=darkblue]The only serious problem I've encountered is that sometimes the PS2 will skip a little on a movie...or have problems with some movie discs.

But that in itself is fairly rare. If you want a DVD player, you don't buy a PS2 -- you buy a DVD player.

The DVD movie function is just a nice add-on for those who bought a video game console.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Majin Gohan
With a system that big you'd have to be crazy to think they didn'tmange to get a fan in there. I have 2 PS2's that have gone under very extensive play (when I play I play in huge blocks of time) and both of them are in exellent condition

Yeah they built a fan in the PS2 to prevent just that. I would play my Playstation for maybe 2 hours it would be pretty warm and longer you play the more heat it generates. While where the longest i've played PS2 was something rediculous like 16 hours I felt it to make sure it wasn't ready to explode and it was nice and cool.

He he,I think your avatar is funny James.
So far I haven't encountered overheating but I have notced that the longer you play on the PS2 the faster the disk spins,I don't know why that is.Perhaps a big event or sumthin'.I noticed that when I rented''Extermination''.Have you guys ever spotted that?
But what I have done by accident is kick it gently,and the PS2 restarts sraigt away.Probably because it jers the reading from the laser to the disk.
It's still a really good system.