Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Spongebob Squarepants


Recommended Posts

Posted
Who likes the show? I think it is really funny:)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anime_gurl [/i]
[B]I respect the show for being better than most of the crappy cartoons that Nickelodeon puts out now, but I really don't see the appeal. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. Nickelodeon pushes some of the worst animations on the market to the public. SpongeBob,Rocko's Modern Life, and the Fairly OddParents seem to be an exception. Cartoon Network (even though I hold a slight grudge over what they did Kenshin) puts much better trademark shows on the air. They just seem to be more engrossing and logical.
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]Well, first it's Spongebob, not Spungebob. This show is my favourite Nickelodeon show. I think it's so great because of the pure immaturity of it all. It has some very stupid ideas, the most basic being the main character is a sponge. It's great though, and it has an amazing theme tune!
Favourite episodes: Spongebob get given the 'Fry Cook Boots', Spongebob learns to drive and the one where Spongebob tries to get on a bus, and people talk with a weird *prrrppp (farting)* sound sbetween their words. Classic comedy.[/color][/size]
Posted
[color=teal][size=1][b]This show is so stupid, which makes it hilarious!

"The Fry Cook Games" is the best episode.The funniest kid show I have [i]ever[/i] seen.[/b][/size][/color]
Posted
[color=009966]It is funny at a [i]few[/i] parts, but otherwise, no. He's starting to possess my friends....he's already gotten hold of my little brother.... >.> Spongebob's evil!

*takes out a baseball bat*[/color]
Guest UntitledTim
Posted
Spongebob's like an imbecile. He never learns... x.x
Posted
I'm a big Spongebob fan. It's a completely stupid show, but it's almost stupid in a tasteful way. There's just something about a TV show about a sponge who lives inside of a pineapple in a town called Bikini Bottom, that I just can't help but like.

One image that will forever be carved into my mind is during the episode where Patrick was looking for whoever threw that peanut at the crying oyster (Spongebob did it). He told Spongebob "I'm so close, I can almost taste it" then Patrick did what looked like licking Spongebob's face. Pan the "camera" out, and he turned out to be licking a spotted yellow ice cream bar. I was disgusted and cracking up at the same time. :D
Posted
I like it when spungebob had anker arms lol mustlebob buffpants
Posted
I think the best episode was the one where Spongebob kept ripping his pants over and over. Sailor Mouth is also good.

And it is spelled SpOngebob. I wish someone would retitle this thread, it's driving me nuts lol.
Posted
lol ok i will i like that episode also it is funny i also like when plankton owned spongebob and he put it in the robot so his name was robotbob squarepants and i like it when spongebob thought mr. krabs was a robot!
Posted
[color=green]Spongebob has got to be one of my favourite shows of all time. It's so stupid and idiotic that I LOVE it! That was their goal of course, its supposed to be....about a conpletely incompotent(sp) sponge and his....oh so strange friends, so on. I swear my family is obsessed with Spongebob.Oo

My little bro's room is decorated with Spongebob items, I myself have a Spongebob air freshener, my Mom has a spongebob eight ball and pez dispencer.Oo It doesn't seem like much when I tell you, but you've really got to see it.--[/color]
Posted
I don't get how ANYONE could stand Spongebob. I think that is the most DISGUSTING show in the world.

I mean, it has no point, no meaning, no message, and frankly, I think you'd have to be either high or drunk to find Spongebob funny.

I rank it on the same level as Rocko's Modern Life, or Ren and Stimpy, or Cow and Chicken. It's stupid, it's pointless, and it's supposed to be funny but isn't.

So in short: Squarebob Spongepants [B]sucks[/B].

--Sere
Posted
[color=darkblue]Ach. I watched it once with my friend's daughter. So many things did not make sense. He took off his pants & gave them to his boss (?) & they stayed square. WTF, are they made of cardboard or what? Plus, they were underwater so how could that guy take a bath? The show drove me insane. I guess it was cute. It would have been good if I had been drunk.[/color]
Posted
I remember watching a special on "Spongebob" on a news channel, and they theorized that one of the reasons so many people like Spongebob, is probably because of its huge contrast to your average serious TV show. So many serious things are going on, some people watch Spongebob just because there's [i]nothing[/i] serious or heartbreaking about it.

If you think about it, [i]Spongebob Squarepants[/i] started to get really popular sometime after Sept 11, 2001.
Posted
I don't know.

I don't watch cartoons to get morals. I don't watch cartoons to learn things about my life, or to look more deeply into my own conciousness.

Not everything needs some dramatic aspect to it. Not everything needs a point. Some things are good just because they are about one thing: absolutely nothing.

And while Spongebob does have some messages and morals to it, if you want to get down to it... They aren't really important. What's important is that you can sit down, and just watch something stupid and have a good time doing it. Forget that this is pandering to your most basic through processes and senses of humor and just watch it.

I guess I just don't like having my brain on every second of the day heh.

That's why I watch it anyway.
Posted
Hey who likes the episode muclebob buffpants?
Posted
Ok,I DO NOT LIKE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!
One time my brothers were waching and it was a ep when the yellow dude dress up as a woman an lives with the star.
MY POINT IS........YOU CAN GUST!
Posted
Man the first time I saw that show I was like Nick hit rock bottom but after I looked at more episodes I started to like it.My fav in when Spongebob and Patrik buy a big sreen T.V. only to play with the box.
Guest DaRk_ChArIzArD
Posted
Man this show sucks it is just to stupid!! It is not even funny!
Posted
Ahh...Spongebob Squarepants is a great show. When I first started watching it, I thought it was so stupid and pointless, and didn't have a point at all. I did not like it at all and thought it was so childish. However, after hearing a punch of people saying how great Spongebob is, seeing his T-shirts in almost every store, and noticing how EVERYONE knows who Spongebob is, I started wathing it more closely, and I'm glad I did.

It's pointless, childish, and doesn't make sense...but that's what's great about it! You can just sit down and watch an episode without thinking, and find it halarious. It's not aimed only at children, but rather the creators do a good job of having it appeal to any range of ages. You just have to laugh at the stupidity of it.

My favorite character is probably Patrick, because I can make such a good impression of his voice. >.< I don't really sound like that, I can just make the impression. :) I wish there was a pink T-shirt of his face, like the yellow one of Spongebob; I'd buy it.
Posted
Yeah, if there's ONE THING that's remotely good about Spongebob Squarepants, it's Patrick. I have watched it, seriously, and I still get the reason people love it so much. Maybe i'm just messed up. yeah, probably that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...