OtakuBoards

I Can't Log Out

Ellerby

AAHHH. For some reason I can't log out! I press "Log Out" but it says: All cookies are cleared.Click here to go back to the forums index. Everytime I go out in ANY way it says: Welcome, Winged-Kid blah blah blah! I HATE IT!! I've even deleted everything including my sig,avie,subscribed forums,birthdate...etc...etc...

TELL ME plz! I wanna log out :(

[color=003399]Besides the fact this should be in the suggestions forum, i'll help you.

Delete all your cookies, then you CAN'T be logged in. Hit "[u]T[/u]ools" on the top task bar of the interent (if you have IE) then hit "internet options", then click the "delete cookies" button. Problem solved. [/color]

You know, that is if you feel the need to escape from the heavenly pleasure Otakuboards provides.

Why you would want to in the first place is a mystery to me.

Just kidding. I actually had this same problem when I was using IE 4.5
I upgraded my OS and got IE 5.0 and everything's been fine since.
I didn't know about the cookie thing at the time, but that seems to work too.

[color=indigo]You'll also want to make sure you don't have it set in the "Options" page in your profile to log you in automatically. That'd make it so you automatically log in whenever you visit the site, hence the reason why you're always still logged in when you go back to the main page even after just logging out.[/color]

Something happened to me... Perhaps to others too.

OB was down for like 15 minutes or so over here the other day. When I came back, I had all sorts of problems. Avatars and sigs didn't show up, and it wouldn't keep me logged in.

It turns out that somehow all my settings got changed (I guess while the site was down, something messed up).

So if you're having problems, make sure all the options are at their normal settings.

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Well, since we're talking about logging in whatever direction you feel like it....The other day, at school, I was bored as hell in IPT so I took a quick trip to OB...and got Cloricus's account. Cloricus, who was unfortunately sitting next to me, and I just looked at it for a while, logged out multiple times, and revisted the site, getting his account each time. Then, it did log out, and I logged in. Then, I hit the Profile link...and got Cloricus's profile. Most annoying. I'm not really sure what happened, but I think that because all the computers are networked, and run through one internet connection, it was using cookies placed by another computer (the one next to me that he was at), and signing in through those.

Am I right in assuming that? Because being Cloricus sucks, and I don't want to do it if I don't have to.[/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SuperMaxSonic
Okay. First, were the hell is the clear cookies button. I have internet explorer/roadrunner. Secound, I changed my damn password, and it still don't work. I changed my settings too. What the hell is wrong!!!???:flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

[color=green]*sigh*You should work on your language and grammar, but oh well. If you haven't read through this thread, like you should, then I will tell you right here. Go to your profile/user cp, and click on the Edit Options button, just look there, and it will ask if you want to use cookies to log in or not. Set it to no, and you will have to type in your password every time to visit.

Now if your looking to clear the cookies off your computer, then go to the search button, and type in "internet cookies." It should bring up help on how to delete them.[/color]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Well, if the 'clear cookies' button on OB isn't working for you, you can do it manually.

1) Go to [b]'Tools'[/b] at the top of your screen, by 'Favorites'.
2) Go down to [b]'Internet Options'[/b], and click on it.
3) Go down to where you see 'Temporary Internet Files', and click [b]'Settings'[/b].
4) Then, this screen will pop up. Click [b]'View Files'[/b].
5) Then, when this window pops up with all these files, (may take a while to load), press [b]ctrl + A[/b], and it'll select all the files in the folder.

Hope that helps. ^^;;;
6) Just press 'Delete' on your keyboard, (above the arrow keys), and all your cookies should be deleted. [/color] [/size]