Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Bulletproof monk


Recommended Posts

Guest cesar906
Posted
How many people are going to see bullet proof monk I think it's going to be good but it's going to have a lot action fighting martial art style
Guest Crimson Spider
Posted
The movie rushhour comes to mind when I see the add. I think I'll wait until it comes out on HBO.
Posted
I don't know about this movie. I may be going buy some things I saw on a preview or two, but it just looks like a corney Matrix clone. If it's the movie I'm thinking about, then this 'monk' guy somehow makes it look like he is trying to do what Jackie Chan has been doing for years. Then you look at these bullet sequences, and they do all this weird stuff, from calmly watching a bullet go by, to people shooting at them and they kick the bullets back at them. o_O Yeah...I wasn't impressed by the trailers.
Guest cesar906
Posted
hey Who has heard of shaolin soccer
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]I'm pretty sure I'm going to go see it. My dad's a huge Chow Yun Fat fan, and I personally [i]loved[/i] 'Hard Boiled'.

It seems alright, but I don't think it'll be quite as good as his other movies. But then, I might be wrong. ^_^;
---

Yes, I've already seen Shaolin Soccer four times in Chinese. (Korean Subtitles). It's pretty old in China/Japan/Korea. I laughed really, really hard. But the last time I saw it was last year, July, soo...[/color] [/size]
Posted
I, personally, am tired of action movies of this sort that feature mostly rigged stunts. Getting someone like Chow Yun Fat or Jackie Chan (Tuxedo? Yuck.) to star in a movie, and then downplaying all the real stunts they can actually do by using doubles and other tricks... It just defeats the whole point of having them in the first place, in my opinion.

So I'm just skipping this.
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Keke. ^_^
I saw it last night, around 9:20pm. I was kinda sleepy by then, and I kept jumping each time someone got shot. :bluesweat

It was average... Chow-Yun Fat was great, and a few jokes were funny. However, I didn't like the casting very much. I think they could've done alot better with the casting.

But then again, it could've been much worse. ^^;

7/10.[/color] [/size]
Posted
im going to see it in an hour or so... im still not tired of the effects or whatnot. matter of fact if the Matrix reloaded, does not hurry up and get to my theater soon, im gonna BUST.:grumble:

course.. X men first!
Posted
ok, X2 is either gonna be really bad, or really good. Nothing in the middle.

BPM looks awesome. Slight matrix ripoff, but what isn't nowadays.

he kicks the clips at them, not bullets:p
Posted
I think the movie looks alright. I've always been a sucker for wire-fu movies, and Chow Yun Fat is one of my favorite Hong Kong action stars. The only problem is that the movie looks like it may lack in something, I don't know, interesting. The plot just doesn't appeal to me. I may or may not see it.

I saw Shaolin Soccer a few months ago. I loved that movie, especially the scene at the end with all of the people in the streets.
Posted
[size=1][color=crimson]It looks alright I guess. As Tony said, having someone like Chow Yun Fat casting in a movie, then using all of these special effects and stuff just defeats the object of casting him.

Anyway I'll most likely go and see it with my friends.. yay.[/size][/color]
Posted
To me it looks a bit corny. The stunts look kinda cheesey and from waht i've seen in previews, the jokes don't seem any better then mediocre. I'll probably skip it. I was never mutch into those action/comedy movies anyway.



OOC: Don't pay attention to this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...