OtakuBoards

Rave Master

Manic Webb

Earlier today, I found myself in Borders. For those of you who don't live near a Borders and don't know what it is, Borders is a book store/music store/cafe. Anywho, I waltz over to the Graphic Novel section and saw a manga called Rave Master with a picture of a rave (party) on the front. I picked it up, realized it was volume 2, put it back, and found volume 1.

I went over to Borders' cafe area, bought a Mochaberry (note to self: mochaberry bad, get smoothie next time), and started to read vol. 1. It's pretty good, really. It's not at all about a rave, but a lot of stuff is music themed by name (The continent of Song, a smith named Musica). I might just go read the second volume tomorrw afterschool.

That's what I love about Borders. If I don't have any money, I can just sit there and read in the store. :cool:

So, have any of you read it before? What do you think? I'm not really big on manga, so talking this is a first for me.

That was Ok, but try to make a plot and make it a lot longer. What the hell was it about any way??? I needs work. Cheak out my storys and poems;A poem of life,poem,the meaning of peace,The howler, the dragon king, full moon fever and x-strang?

• 1 year later...
Guest jro13
I like the concept that[spoiler] a hard core teen and his"dog Plue set out on a journey looking for Rave.[/spoiler] I has a great storyline and it is hilarious. Is there anyone who enjoys as much as I do?

I just saw a preveiw for it in Anime Insider. Yeah it looked pretty cool although I don't like the concept that they name places with something to do with music.
Other than that it looks really cool. Is it really on Toonami on Cartoon Network though?

[color=darkblue]I'm going to try to steer this thread in a better direction, so here goes.

Groove Adventure Rave (or Rave Master, as it's known in the US) does indeed revolve around the world of music. You can tell by the names of most of the cities, as pointed out by others, and even by the names of some of the characters (i.e. the Musica family). Not that it doesn't have it's fair share of action, as it does with Haru and the Ten Commandments sword, not to mention Elle and her tonfa blasters. It does have an interesting storyline to it, though I've only read the first three volumes, so I have no idea where it goes. It does look good, though.

And yes, CN has added the Groove Adventure Rave anime (under the US title) to their Toonami lineup. I've yet to see it, however.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Rave[/B] is a wonderful series [well, at least the manga so far *^^*].

From the manga, I've read up to volume 8 and will be getting volume 9 this June. There is great story development: learning more about Elie's past, Musica's background, and Haru's personality. Of course, we're also introduced to more villains, witness Haru and his new kick-*** moves...and many more secrets that unfold.

Yes. I am a total Rave fanatic at this point! I can't wait until June 5th! *^^*

Manga Irks: It truly bothers me that the editors changed the name of the Ten Commandments to the Ten Powers.
[/COLOR]

I started reading this a few months ago, but I never got around to watching the show on Toonami. Darn schedule conflicts.

I really like the story. At first, it looks like the ultimate anime cliche; teenager with large sword, cute magical animal, ect. But it's actually pretty well done and funny.

The name of Haru's sword confused me for a while, actually. I believe it was called the Ten Commandments in the first volume, and the Ten Powers in all proceeding books.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ethril112
A couple months ago i bought the first manga book of the series. i loved it! now i just need to find the second book.:( which might take awhile cause i've ben real busy. oh well. RaveMaster rules. Plue is so cute to.

Guest Millions_Knives
It's an interesting concept, and hopefully whomever is doing the anime won't blow it. It just isn't my kind of anime though. Too little blood. Maybe I'll get hooked or something later on in the season.

Eternal Pain and Suffering,

-Knives

• 1 year later...
[SIZE=1]I've watched some of the anime, and from what I hear, it's basically the same.

I wasn't much for it thought, as it felt a bit too generic for my taste, and in some parts, downright absurd and whimsical. For the record, I don't like absurd or whimsical story lines. It all depends on taste though, as some of my friends really love it. I guess you can check out the next volume to see what you think of it yourself.[/SIZE]

Mr. Webb, your short story has some terrible qualities to it. Mainly grammatical. Shall I point them out? I shall - -

[quote] I might just go read the second volume tomorrw afterschool.[/quote]

"Tomorrow" is spelled "T-o-m-o-r-r-o-w," and "afterschool" should be separated: "after school."

In all cases and senses, you suck, Mr. Webb, and should never grace this forum again with your dastardly writing skills.

That was hilarious, Sara. :p

I wish we had a Borders, but we don't. :( We've got good ole Barnes and Noble, though, of course.

[size=2][font=arial narrow]:rolleyes: Uh, first of all, this thread is two years old, guys. However, far be it from me to hinder discussion. But since we now have an manga forum, and this thread is about a manga, I'll move it there.

Thread Moved.[/font][/size]