OtakuBoards

OB Battle Tournament - Come One, Come All

Shinobi

[center][b]OB Battle Tournament - Come One, Come All[/b][/center]

The crowd are tense as the lights shine on, the red carpet rolled out and the ?ringmaster? walks out to address the crowd.

Ringmaster: HELLO! And Welcome To...OB BATTLE TOURNAMENT!

The crowd roar as carbonated drinks and popcorn sacks fly everywhere.

Ringmaster: Today, shall be a remarkable day in history. Today, one man or woman will be dubbed the undisputed king of the ring!

The crowd roar once more as chants bellow from the crowd.

Ringmaster: Now?Here are the contestants!

Ok, so Ajeh and I want a huge tournament. Any style, any player and any time line. Your fighter can be dead, alive, real, made up. Whatever you want, but there are rules:

[b][i]No Magic or special powers
No God like people ? of course if they are God?s then they must have the same abilities as humans and so on.
Only 1 weapon aloud[/b][/i]

Now I hope this is pretty simple, and we do have the right to not accept certain characters if there are too many, but do not feel unwanted or alarmed we may call on you later ;). When all the fighters are picked i will make a table.
[b]SO LET THE BATTLE BEGIN![/b]

[b]Name:
Nickname:
Weapon:
Bio:[/b]

[size=1][b]Name:[/b] Velius Excalibur
[b]Nickname:[/b] Velius
[b]Weapon:[/b] Excalibur. (see pic of him + it)
[b]Bio:[/b] Velius comes from a long line of Excalibur-wielding warriors. Feeling none-to-traditional, he left his life of Fame and Fortune, to seek out his own. He couldn't resist joining the OB challenge, it would be perfect for what he wanted. He's quite honorable, and usually quiet, quite calm too. [/size]

Well here is my sign-up ^_^;;
________

[b]Name: Bruce Lee
Nickname: Siu Lung (Little Dragon)
Weapon: Nunchukas
Bio:[/b] After starring in many shows and winning many fights at the Long Beach Karate Internationals. Bruce enters the OB Battle Tournament before starting filming of The Fist of Fury.

[IMG]http://www.staticfiends.com/Jah_warrior/bruce%20lee.jpg[/IMG]

Name: Link
Nickname: Link
Weapon: Although he has many various weapons. He chooses only to use his Master Sword.
Bio: After exploring all of Hyrule, he becomes bored and enters the competition for some challenge.......and gill.

[img]http://membres.lycos.fr/linkojunior1/fichier/images/Link_and_fee.jpg[/img]

[b][size=1]
Just going over what Shinobi said, this tournament's battles will be mainly hand-to-hand combat and slightly weaponry and not anything like a sword fight.

So yeah, you guys with swords gotta remember not to slice off the opponent's limbs at the beginning of a fight (unless you're pitted against any additional NPCs), and tone down the swordage for those of us with staffs etc. ^^'

[/b]And welcome back Krillen.. haven't seen you in a long time ^_^

[b]Name:[/b] Donnie Yen
[b]Nickname:[/b] Donnie? ...Snowman, if you want
[b]Weapon:[/b] A five foot metal pole (compliments of a bored mind)
[b]Bio:[/b]
Asia's other Chen Zhen, Donnie Yen is the not-as-well-known-as-he-deserves-to-be famous martial artist, film star, TV series actor, and director. Starring and partially-directing in films like Blade 2, Shanghai Knights, OUATIC 2, Drunken Tai Chi, Iron Monkey, Yen is not a fighter to be taken lightly.

[b]Teh evuls picture:[/b]
[img]http://donnieyen.com/images/MidS_Samurai_Standofff.jpg[/img][/size]

So no beast or final Xra eh? I guess I'll have to tell myself that.
Name: Xra
Nickname: The Blademaster
Weapon: Well I'm sure you all know. the blades on the back of his hands.
Bio: Also as everyone knows, alone as a child, he set off on a quest with a couple of friends and it ended up he was meant to be king. He didn't want to be cooped up so he goes out, always almost getting himself killed. Man, will he have fun with a tourny.

I`ll sign up. I am not really good at this sort of thing.(No powers)
Name:Sango
Nickname:Sango the demon extermanator
Weapond:A Hiratsu
Bio: Sango travels with Inuyasha and the gang to seek reveange on Naraku for what he did to her village and her younger brother.

I will put more info later.

[url=http://www.theotaku.com/Inuyasha/Pictures/art/34.jpg][img]http://www.theotaku.com/Inuyasha/Pictures/art/34.jpg[/img][/url]

Same to you too AJeh! :) AJ2k4Life(something like that, but I remember you well. Its good to be back)

I know that it would be unfair to use a sword against someone with a staff or nothing at all. Thats why I will only use my sword when someone else has a sword also, and maybe other objects too like metal poles, heh.

I have a question though....

How will you determine who fights who?

And how many people will be joining this competition?

[b][size=1]
Well we'd need 8 or 16 (or 32 o_O) people, lol.
The matches will be randomly picked.
And we will fill the number of necessary fighters (to reach 8 or 16, etc) with Non Playable Characters.[/b]

Or we could let people second characters. If it's fun and it works, why not?[/size]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1][b]Name:[/b] Terrance Kittana

[b]Nickname:[/b] Demè (or Deme if you don't feel like using the alt+num pad).

[b]Weapon:[/b] Twin, Platinum kittana, embroaded with sapphires along the handles.

[b]Bio:[/b] Terrance earns money off street fighting, and ignites her fury by picturing her ex-boyfriend's face on her opponent. She was born in a wealthy town along the islands of Hokkaido, though her family eventually moved to downtown San Francisco, California, in the USA. During her earlier years, she was a quiet girl, though she was teased for not being able to speak English well during her first year in the US. Even after she learned how to speak English fluently, her classmates called her a geek, because she recieved good grades. Terrance was always the silent girl sitting on the curb during recess, and sometimes got pushed around by the other kids. When she entered High School, Street Fighting had become essesively popular when the teachers weren't in the yard. People would gain or lose their respect during the fights. She decided to take a chance, since she had nothing to lose anyway. Eventually, she began to enjoy sparring. So, she enrolled in a small Tae Kwon Do academy a few blocks away from her home. The master even gave her private lessons, for $25 a lesson. After three months of practacing, Terrance grew much more confident about herself, and even changed her appearance and personality.
------

Ick. Sorry about the Bio. ^^;

[b]Appearance:[/b] See Picture.

[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=386225[/img][/color] [/size]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]If you haven't rped with me before, this sign up will make no sense to you...

Name: Lacroix s'Xalerian

Weapon: Twin kamas

Bio: After doing just about everything possible in OB's Adventure Arena, Lacroix had a bit of a break down, moved in with the Harlequin a few weeks, before running off into the forest when he found out Alastuin was pregnant. Came back and bummed around a bit, and decided it was his time for his triumphant return.[/font][/color]

Sounds fun...
Name:Nomoku
Nickname:The Iron fist
Weapon:Metal fist
Bio:As a child he felt weak.He has train all his life.Once he was a bounty hunter who never killed,but after his family and friends were killed by a gang after who he put their leader in jail.He has killed anybody who fought him sense.
Apperance:A heavly built man with two iron fist.He only wears blue baggy pants.He has dark brown eyes and black hair.
This is my frist char not base on me!!!!!

Hmmmm, this seems to be runing out pretty cool ^_^, yeah Welcome back Krillen! and hello Juu and Harlequin and everyone else. Krillen did i send you a PM, if i didn;t i'm sorry i meant to send you a PM saying Welcome back ^_^. Oh Harlequin, that was a great sign up ;). Ajeh has answered your questions Krillen so yeah, picked at random and a big tournie most probably about 16...i hope :p.

Ok, so depending on how fast people are recruiting that will determine if there will be 8, 16, or 32.

No, Shinobi, I never got your PM. But thanks for the welcome back. I should probably be deleting that in my signature sometime soon.

[B]Name:[/B] [I]Conan the Babarian[/I]

[B]Nickname:[/B] [I]Conan[/I]

[B]Weapon:[/B] [I]That really cool sword that Conan has (I can?t remember if it has a name or not, I haven?t seen Conan for years) and his fists.[/I]

[B]Bio:[/B] [I]Conan has been on various adventures destroying evil sorcerers and saving young princesses with his strange band of friends. Conan is the King of an empire but chooses to explore the world to discover its mysteries. Hearing of the OB Tournament He set off immediately to test his strength against warriors that weren?t mythical creatures or evil beings.[/I]

this is a character from the card game and storyline of L5r ( if you want to know more about L5r go to [url]http://l5r.alderac.com[/url])

Name: Bayushi Yojiro

Nickname: The master of secrets

Weapon: Itsuwari , the ancestrial sword of the scorpion, ( it is a katana but its bigger and it has his clans symbol on it)

Bio: Yojiro grew up in the lands of the Scorpion to the Scorpion clan fell to the Coup because they were trying to save the empire. Yojiro decided to help the clan by pretending to hunt them as a Imperial Magistrate due to Bayushi Kachiko's orders. Later when the Scorpion rose to become a clan again he became the Scorpion Clan champion. Later on he found the Shadowed Tower which was a whole orginization devoted to ruin Yojiro and gain influece through evil power. even a close friend of his Shoshuro Furuyari was in the Shadowed tower. So yojiro began his personal quest to destroy the tower. Through then he named Bayushi Sunetra the new clan champion and continued the war to save he scorpion clan from the shadowed tower. He fights now because he has reason to believe someone in the contest works for the shadowed tower. ( if anyone has any questions about yojiro or his clan Aka the scorpion clan Pm me). Yojiro usually wears his demon mempo( aka mask ) and his heavy armor that covers his chest and shoulders.

[B]Name:[/B] Draagul
[B]Nickname:[/B] DD, Drakul, Weirdo, Beastie, etc...
[B]Weapon:[/B] See attachment please ^_^
[B]Bio:[/B] Draagul is the Leader of the Animal Hybrids. He tried an RP of his life but it didnt work out since his computer went BOOM! But anyways, he is a loyal, strong, and willed person who will defend his honor and glory over anything else besides his love for his girlfriend soon to be wife... ^_^

[img]http://isweb23.infoseek.co.jp/cinema/jetlifan/gallery13/one07.JPG[/img]

[color=silver][u]Name:Jet Li
Nickname:Booty-kicker
Weapon:None
Bio:The guy that kicks everyone's booty.He is a very famous martial artist.In great films such as "The Enforcer" "Romeo Must Die" "The One" "Cradle 2 The Grave" and more.He's a serious guy and is better than Jackie Chan![/u][/color]

[b]Name:[/b] Arano Karakkaze

[b]Nickname:[/b] "Desert Wind"

[b]Weapon:[/b] Hand Blade [I'll get a picture up soon.]

[b]Bio:[/b] Born into the world of Priston, Arano followed his tribal natures, and began practicing with using pikes [Bills, Halberds, Spears, Scythes.] from the age of six. A few years ago, he became more and more serious with his attempts to get stronger.

He left his hometown of Ricarten, and set out to gain experience in life and battle. The wild animals outside of the village were weak, the need to be strong dwindled due to the lack of carnivors and such, so starting his training was easy.

He got new weapons and armor, and honed his skills to a razor edge. for the past year, he has gone far and wide, meeting new people, joining expeditions to clear out patches of dangerous animals.

As of lately, his clan, the Crimson Winds, have been falling in numbers. He has repeatedly tried to go out and find new members, but his searches are in vain. Likely candidates are either solitary or killed too soon to be initiated.

He came to this realm in hopes to find more members, but the first thing he came upon when he entered this plain of existance, was this Tournament. He looked at it more as a place to find strong and willing warriors, not as a competition.

[b][size=1]
OK, we start tomorrow, hopefully then. No more sign-ups accepted as of this post.

We'll start off with the 16 that are up. Any drop-outs will be treated as Non Playable Characters that you can godmod in your match-up against them, if you so wish.

I'll get the random knockout table up ASAP.
A question for you guys though... something I never thought about..

QUESTION:
Do we have all the matches going on at the same time, or one by one? See having them one by one gives time for some possible storyline development (James did classify this as an RPG over AIM with Shinny), but means that people will have to wait for their fights. However, putting all fights at once would get horribly confusing when reading and trying to keep track of everything; although it will mean that everyone will have basically a no-wait time.

[/b]Or maybe we could do it in batches? As in 2 or 4 battles at a time, or something? It's all upto you guys..[/size]

One on one battles are the preferred medium for all tournament fights. It, as you said, gets way too confusing.

Besides, look at DB:BF. It was a huge ol'e tourney, with one-on-one fights, one at a time, and look how great it turned out. Besides, I'm going to kick all of ya'lls asses. o.<;;;